Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Essendon doping bombshell (What Bombshell)

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Re: Essendon doping bombshell (What Bombshell)

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu May 03, 2018 9:46 pm

So the VFL community rallies around their fallen brethren.

The blokes charged with trafficing drugs FFS. If guilty deserves all he gets.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Fri May 04, 2018 7:10 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:So the VFL community rallies around their fallen brethren.

The blokes charged with trafficing drugs FFS. If guilty deserves all he gets.

If convicted, I would expect that he will be slotted.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Fri May 04, 2018 7:37 am

:D
Last edited by farmer joe on Fri May 04, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Fri May 04, 2018 7:49 am

farmer joe wrote:FMD. Hutchings? The guy has no awareness. If I see him kick into the man on the mark, get caught holding the ball whilst having a bounce or hold up play, and kick down the line, after a mark or free kick I will loose it. We can do better than him.

Is Mark a Bomber now?
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Fri May 04, 2018 8:47 am

DALBY wrote:
farmer joe wrote:FMD. Hutchings? The guy has no awareness. If I see him kick into the man on the mark, get caught holding the ball whilst having a bounce or hold up play, and kick down the line, after a mark or free kick I will loose it. We can do better than him.

Is Mark a Bomber now?

Wrong thread. Fixed now... :)
As for Bomber...not a lot of sympathy from me. Even if he is not guilty as charged you have to wonder why he was mixing with the people he was and whether we want our footy "leaders" mixing with that crowd. His time in the AFL should be up no matter the outcome of his criminal charges.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Fri May 04, 2018 8:54 am

farmer joe wrote:
DALBY wrote:

Is Mark a Bomber now?

Wrong thread. Fixed now... :)
As for Bomber...not a lot of sympathy from me. Even if he is not guilty as charged you have to wonder why he was mixing with the people he was and whether we want our footy "leaders" mixing with that crowd. His time in the AFL should be up no matter the outcome of his criminal charges.

Agree, back in his Geelong days, questions will be asked.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby MrWoollie on Fri May 04, 2018 3:28 pm

And now James Turd is back with more whingeing. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-04/d ... -says-hird

Boo Hoo. It's not my fault. I'm a victim here. I did nothing wrong. It's everyone else, not me. Boo F***ing Hoo and F*** Off you [Greg Williams].
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Tue May 15, 2018 9:55 am

Caller to SEN blamed the Essendon's year on peptide withdrawals. I blame the coach. So much of the bombers game plan is similar to what he was doing in his later years at the eagles and it will never compete against the well coached sides. Woosha is a great motivator and is as solid as a rock but I was surprised they re-signed him. There are much better coaches out there.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby jourgo on Tue May 15, 2018 12:31 pm

Normally I wouldn't advocate kicking someone when they're down but I will always make an exception where this mob are concerned.

Enter Mike Fitzpatrick: https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/05/15/03/21/retired-afl-chairman-adds-to-bombers-woes
I got a fever.
And the only prescription,
Is MORE COWBELL!
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby HH on Tue May 15, 2018 7:08 pm

The Bombers' woes are entirely self inflicted.

By self inflicted I mean James Hird and all the players who signed waivers to inject themselves with unknown substances off site in secrecy without the knowledge of their club doctor, and failed to disclose that to ASADA during routine testing.

Cue in loving cuddly VFL boys club to rescue the poor victims.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby wce1293 on Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 pm

jourgo wrote:Normally I wouldn't advocate kicking someone when they're down but I will always make an exception where this mob are concerned.

Enter Mike Fitzpatrick: https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/05/15/03/21/retired-afl-chairman-adds-to-bombers-woes

In the same interview, Mike Sheehan tried once again to get Fitzpatrick (someone, anyone) to say the Eagles were all on drugs 10 years ago. Fitzpatrick conceded there was a problem with some players but made it clear it was an illicit drug problem and there were no positive tests for anything performance enhancing. He made the clear distinction which must have annoyed Sheehan immensely as he is determined to find SOMEONE who will agree with his stupid uneducated Victorian version of events.
wce1293
Veteran

Postby Fat Side on Wed May 16, 2018 7:21 am

wce1293 wrote:
jourgo wrote:Normally I wouldn't advocate kicking someone when they're down but I will always make an exception where this mob are concerned.

In the same interview, Mike Sheehan tried once again to get Fitzpatrick (someone, anyone) to say the Eagles were all on drugs 10 years ago. Fitzpatrick conceded there was a problem with some players but made it clear it was an illicit drug problem and there were no positive tests for anything performance enhancing. He made the clear distinction which must have annoyed Sheehan immensely as he is determined to find SOMEONE who will agree with his stupid uneducated Victorian version of events.

You could see where Sheehan was going. Once Fitzpatrick mentioned that he spoke to a player who told him that it looked like Essendon had done five preseasons in one year, Sheehan immediately took the interview to the Ben Cousins/WCE saga. Fitzpatrick said he believed that Essendon's supplements were performance enhancing. When pressed by Sheehan, Fitzpatrick said that the WCE were heavily tested and nobody tested positive.

It was an average interview from Sheehan. Fitzpatrick was pretty boring and didn't give away much, but Sheehan was unable to extract anything of substance from him. Fitzpatrick controlled the interview.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:16 am

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-24/b ... estigation

Surely the cutlure at Collingwood should be questioned. After the two De Goey debacles, the Keefe, Thomas drug issues and now another question mark with Murray.

Will the Melbourne media question the culture at Collingwood? Zempilas asking the hard questions?

Somehow, I don't think so.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:26 am

Fat Side wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-24/breaking-sam-murray-under-asada-investigation

Surely the cutlure at Collingwood should be questioned. After the two De Goey debacles, the Keefe, Thomas drug issues and now another question mark with Murray.

Will the Melbourne media question the culture at Collingwood? Zempilas asking the hard questions?

"They are simply individuals, their activities outside of the club do not reflect the club what so ever" - Melbourne media.

Pretty sure that is how it will go...

Or maybe like this...

"There is no cultural issues at Collingwood, well at least not the likes we saw at the Eagles, did you see their former club captain arrested again, how can West Coast be allowed to let this keep happening? They are clearly bringing the game into disrepute!"
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Fat Side on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:28 am

WCE Booka 89 wrote:
Fat Side wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-24/breaking-sam-murray-under-asada-investigation

"They are simply individuals, their activities outside of the club do not reflect the club what so ever" - Melbourne media.

Pretty sure that is how it will go...

Or maybe like this...

"There is no cultural issues at Collingwood, well at least not the likes we saw at the Eagles, did you see their former club captain arrested again, how can West Coast be allowed to let this keep happening? They are clearly bringing the game into disrepute!"

That is assuming that somebody questions the culture. I'm not sure that will happen.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to AFL Board