Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

RANT: one thing i hate.................

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby Ric on Mon May 07, 2018 9:35 am

farmer joe wrote:
Ric wrote:Easy to catch bugs even in hospital.
During my second last of my 11 visits to hospital (last August) over the last 18 months due to a fast A.f. problem, I picked up the influenza type A bug. Bloody awful. A week of intravenous medication to deal with that problem. I was still getting over 2 lots of pneumonia when I got the Type A. From what they were saying, the flu shot that had been made for that strain hadn't worked and many people were catching it. I hadn't had the shot so I would have caught it regardless. The pneumonia was one of the many side effects of one of the meds I was taking for the A.F. They quickly took me off that. Bloody horrid stuff that was.

Our hospitals are one of the great con's of modern Australia. Safest and best in the world? They said the same about our banks and look at the RC and what is happening there. Save your money, and if you can, head into Asia to find world class, safe, bugless hospitals. We dont have them here.

Not sure I'd trust a lot of Asian hospitals apart from Japanese or Singapore ones.

In the case of the bug I caught, wasn't the hospital to blame, rather the mob who produced a flu shot that didn't work. I don't have much to complain about re the hospitals I was admitted to. The only thing perhaps was the cardio who was pushing that horrid heart drug that brought on the pneumonia and even then, the drug doesn't always affect everyone adversely. My fault really as I should have taken notice of the long list of side effects that the drug might cause.
If smoking is so bad, why does it cure dead fish?
Ric
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Mon May 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Ric wrote:In the case of the bug I caught, wasn't the hospital to blame, rather the mob who produced a flu shot that didn't work. I don't have much to complain about re the hospitals I was admitted to. The only thing perhaps was the cardio who was pushing that horrid heart drug that brought on the pneumonia and even then, the drug doesn't always affect everyone adversely. My fault really as I should have taken notice of the long list of side effects that the drug might cause.

To be fair on flu shots, they're only able to protect against flu strains that are included, and not all are. It's quite possible your flu shot worked perfectly - against some flu strains - but unfortunately you got a strain that was new or just wasn't included. It's one of those "best effort" jobs.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Mr Q on Mon May 07, 2018 12:32 pm

One thing I hate (today's version)?

People who spray their windscreens in traffic. You bastards, my windscreen behind you (and the rest of my car) get the loose spray so you could get a clear windscreen. Now mine is covered in spots.

If you *have* to spray your windscreen, at least have the decency to wait until there's no one behind you.
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby merovingian on Mon May 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Q, having seen many of your political posts over the years, I suspect there's not many things we can agree on. However, this pet hate is certainly one thing.
merovingian
Veteran

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon May 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Surprisingly I've even had this spray walking on the streets. I was shocked and didn't realise, but low and behold I copped one :lol: :evil:

It is quite annoying, but I have also been known to do it myself, that said it is generally when I have some asshole tailgating me, so really they deserved it (and before we get into the whole right hand lane, flow of traffic rants, its no particular lane, but im going the speed limit no matter which lane I'm in, or as fast as traffic is allowing me)
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby The Boat on Mon May 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Mr Q wrote: People who spray their windscreens in traffic. You bastards, my windscreen behind you (and the rest of my car) get the loose spray so you could get a clear windscreen. Now mine is covered in spots.

What? Getting upset by a few drops on your windscreen?

I'm a pretty highly strung individual, but I've never been upset by having to turn on my windscreen wiper?
The Boat
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Mon May 07, 2018 4:59 pm

The Boat wrote:
Mr Q wrote: People who spray their windscreens in traffic. You bastards, my windscreen behind you (and the rest of my car) get the loose spray so you could get a clear windscreen. Now mine is covered in spots.

I'm a pretty highly strung individual, but I've never been upset by having to turn on my windscreen wiper?

First world problems....aren't they are pain to live with. :)
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Ric on Mon May 07, 2018 9:33 pm

Mr Q wrote:
Ric wrote:In the case of the bug I caught, wasn't the hospital to blame, rather the mob who produced a flu shot that didn't work. I don't have much to complain about re the hospitals I was admitted to. The only thing perhaps was the cardio who was pushing that horrid heart drug that brought on the pneumonia and even then, the drug doesn't always affect everyone adversely. My fault really as I should have taken notice of the long list of side effects that the drug might cause.

To be fair on flu shots, they're only able to protect against flu strains that are included, and not all are. It's quite possible your flu shot worked perfectly - against some flu strains - but unfortunately you got a strain that was new or just wasn't included. It's one of those "best effort" jobs.

I didn't have the flu shot so I was in line to get that Type A being exposed to it in the hospital. From what they were saying, the flu shot was meant to cover that particular one. Anyway all's well that ends well.
If smoking is so bad, why does it cure dead fish?
Ric
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Tue May 08, 2018 9:34 am

The Boat wrote:

No, doing that then smears my windscreen - which means I have a choice of not being able to see, or spraying my windscreen, and getting the car behind me, then they get the car behind them.

Plus, it's a distraction - you should never be distracting other drivers on the road.
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby jourgo on Tue May 08, 2018 11:20 am

Mr Q wrote:
The Boat wrote:

No, doing that then smears my windscreen - which means I have a choice of not being able to see, or spraying my windscreen, and getting the car behind me, then they get the car behind them.

Plus, it's a distraction - you should never be distracting other drivers on the road.

I think an education campaign is imperative here. I'd bet there are a significant number of drivers out there who are not aware that windscreen sprayers are adjustable.

If your sprayers are getting the car behind you, they're set too high. Find yourself a sewing needle and adjust them down. Not hard.

But while we're on the subject of cars, to people who dawdle away from traffic lights or travel significantly below the speed limit for no reason: you're being inconsiderate to other drivers... especially me! Lift your fucking game!
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby farmer joe on Tue May 08, 2018 11:42 am

jourgo wrote:But while we're on the subject of cars, to people who dawdle away from traffic lights or travel significantly below the speed limit for no reason: you're being inconsiderate to other drivers... especially me! Lift your fucking game!

Lets add entering from a merge lane at 20-40k's below what the speed limit is. Dangerous, stupid and should have the heaviest penalties of all our road rules. If you are scared get off the road.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Wed May 09, 2018 5:43 am

Prince Harry getting married. Why? Just keep tapping away. You know this marriage will end in failure and divorce. We don't need to to see it on 5 different FTA channels either, just one would be suffice.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Wed May 09, 2018 7:58 am

DALBY wrote:Prince Harry getting married. Why? Just keep tapping away. You know this marriage will end in failure and divorce. We don't need to to see it on 5 different FTA channels either, just one would be suffice.

Apparently Charles will be taking over the Queen's formal engagements from now on. He is now to be referred to a Acting Queen Charles.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mead on Wed May 09, 2018 8:19 am

DALBY wrote:Prince Harry getting married. Why? Just keep tapping away. You know this marriage will end in failure and divorce. We don't need to to see it on 5 different FTA channels either, just one would be suffice.

Of all the possible red flags that a marriage is not going to last, surely the single most eyehurtingly bright crimson red flag is a prospective wife 'helping' prospective hubby to go on a diet.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce ... 9618118f34

Feel a bit sorry for Fat Hal to be honest. Out of all the lizard people at Windsor, he seems to be the one with the most convincing human mask. Hope it's a clean break when it comes.
Mead
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Wed May 09, 2018 8:23 am

Mead wrote:

Of all the possible red flags that a marriage is not going to last, surely the single most eyehurtingly bright crimson red flag is a prospective wife 'helping' prospective hubby to go on a diet.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce ... 9618118f34

Absolutely, I still can't believe Harry has given in to the pressure, he was my idol back in the day, so sad to see he has settled.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems