Advanced  

Latest Result

Round 9 Perth Stadium
Sun, 20 May 2018 • 14:40 WST
West Coast Richmond
20.10 (130) 12.11 (83)
Game Focus

Next Game

Round 10 Docklands
Sun, 27 May 2018 • 11:10 WST
West Coast v Hawthorn
Game Focus



RANT: one thing i hate.................

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:00 am

Fat Side wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:Kids started daycare about a month ago, just 2 days a week while the better half returns to work after mat leave.

the whole 10months prior to daycare, the kid only caught 1 virus. 2 months of being in daycare on and off sickness which then i got then the missus got, a week later all 3 of us have this hacking cough. Fortunately the kid now is ok, but i still have a blocked nose and a hacking cough while the missus is struck down with flu like symptoms.

Literally paying for the kid to get sick, and the kicker is you still have to pay when he doesn't attend to keep his spot.


It is pretty typical. The first few months after my son first went to daycare, we were all crook. We had to postpone his first birthday party. It will get better.


Yep, better to get all the common illnesses and build a resistance now i guess.

Funny enough im now better but the wife is crook.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby jourgo on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:15 pm

I got a fever.
And the only prescription,
Is MORE COWBELL!
User avatar
jourgo
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: Sunshine Studios

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby DALBY on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:43 pm



I agree. This is why parents sometimes require a licence to breed. I would have just about killed her if she did this to my kids. :(
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:23 pm

DALBY wrote:


I agree. This is why parents sometimes require a licence to breed. I would have just about killed her if she did this to my kids. :(


And the sick thing is if you inflicted the same injuries upon the mother that she did her child, you would have been locked away.

Just sickening. And by the sounds of it at the end of the article, she is still entitled to unsupervised custody of the child? How the hell is that even possible?
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Mandurah WA

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:58 pm



I cant even bring my self to read the article. My bloods already boiling.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby MrWoollie on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:


I cant even bring my self to read the article. My bloods already boiling.

The good old 'history of drug and alcohol abuse but has made steps to turn life around' crap. That makes it all ok then!
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
User avatar
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:53 am
Location: Peak District National Park

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:55 am

Is it just me or the price of insurance is just skyrocketing, including the basic excess.

The wifes car insurance renual notice came in the mail, works out to be $200 more than if i take out a new policy, online with the same company all with the same features and benefits & excess.

While i am here i want to rant about a few things:

- People in the right hand lane doing 10kms under the speed limit (recurring rant)
- People in the tunnel who think the speed limit is 65km rather than 80km
- Every cost under the sun is increasing (utility bills, groceries, insurance premiums etc) but income as a whole is not rising to meet these extra costs. I haven't had an increase to my income since 2013 (infact had to take a cut in 2016), don't even get CPI, so effectively been on a 2-3% pay cut a year since 2013.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby Fat Side on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:55 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:Is it just me or the price of insurance is just skyrocketing, including the basic excess.

The wifes car insurance renual notice came in the mail, works out to be $200 more than if i take out a new policy, online with the same company all with the same features and benefits & excess.


Never!...I repeat Never! ..just renew insurance. Insurance companies hope that you are lazy and just renew. The renewal is always much more than a new policy. Like a well known investor says - "Insurance companies treat you like the wife that is being cheated on. They pay you no attention whatsoever because they're putting all their energy into attracting the new fling."

Three years ago I took out an insurance policy (H&C) with a new insurer (online). They were more than $300 less than my renewal from an insurer I had been with for many years. Anyway, after 12 months I get a renewal from the new insurer. Low and behold, it has gone up about $250 from the previous year. I then went onto their website and got a quote for a new policy. It was the same as I paid 12 months earlier. So, I took out a brand new policy with the same insurer using their website. I then contacted them to tell them that I wasn't renewing. When they asked me why, I told I found a better deal. Further to that, I have now done this three years in a row and saved over $1000.
Make the switch now
User avatar
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby farmer joe on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:45 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:but income as a whole is not rising to meet these extra costs. I haven't had an increase to my income since 2013 (infact had to take a cut in 2016), don't even get CPI, so effectively been on a 2-3% pay cut a year since 2013.

Blame big Australia mate
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-19/h ... ne/8193628

And get onboard with Dick if you get a chance
http://www.skynews.com.au/business/busi ... ation.html
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby PaulJWood on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:29 pm

Trump. No word needed
"My name is Anthony Patrick, but you can call me Patrick for short. I born in October 28, 1990. I am currently an Auto Mechanic Engineer in Car From Japan.

ask@carfromjapan.com
www.carfromjapan.com
PaulJWood
Rookie
 
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby DALBY on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:48 am

Smokers, actually self entitled cigarette smokers who have the audacity to threaten people because they don't want to hear the whinging about non smokers who tell them to quit. :roll:
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby Mr Q on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:02 pm

DALBY wrote:Smokers, actually self entitled cigarette smokers who have the audacity to threaten people because they don't want to hear the whinging about non smokers who tell them to quit. :roll:


I took ToddlerQ to a local park last week, and underneath the swings were - yes, a couple of cigarette butts.

Thanks to the smoker who left his or her ciggie butts right where my one year old could easily have picked them up and put them in his mouth before I even saw him do it.

If you are going to be stupid enough to smoke (and really, you have to be pretty stupid these days), then at least have the decency not to perpetuate the habit of just dumping them wherever you like for others to deal with.

(Oh, and no smoking signs mean "don't smoke here". They're not advice, they're instructions. That includes on train station platforms)
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
User avatar
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: Block 331

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:29 pm

Mr Q wrote:
DALBY wrote:Smokers, actually self entitled cigarette smokers who have the audacity to threaten people because they don't want to hear the whinging about non smokers who tell them to quit. :roll:


I took ToddlerQ to a local park last week, and underneath the swings were - yes, a couple of cigarette butts.

Thanks to the smoker who left his or her ciggie butts right where my one year old could easily have picked them up and put them in his mouth before I even saw him do it.

If you are going to be stupid enough to smoke (and really, you have to be pretty stupid these days), then at least have the decency not to perpetuate the habit of just dumping them wherever you like for others to deal with.

(Oh, and no smoking signs mean "don't smoke here". They're not advice, they're instructions. That includes on train station platforms)


The most annoying one is having them standing out the front of shopping centre entrances and you have no choice but to cop a face full of it. Is it really that difficult to go walk another 10m and not impose your disgusting addiction on everyone else? Was shopping that stressful that you can't wait another 10minutes to get home and light up your ciggy?

Actually I lie the worst one I have is copping it at work. Working in fast food the amount of times these inconsiderate people rock up ciggy in hand almost burning me in the process of taking their meal and giving me a face full of smoke... seriously can you not wait until you leave and then just smoke yourself out?
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Mandurah WA

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby Ric on Wed May 02, 2018 1:19 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:
Fat Side wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:Kids started daycare about a month ago, just 2 days a week while the better half returns to work after mat leave.

the whole 10months prior to daycare, the kid only caught 1 virus. 2 months of being in daycare on and off sickness which then i got then the missus got, a week later all 3 of us have this hacking cough. Fortunately the kid now is ok, but i still have a blocked nose and a hacking cough while the missus is struck down with flu like symptoms.

Literally paying for the kid to get sick, and the kicker is you still have to pay when he doesn't attend to keep his spot.


It is pretty typical. The first few months after my son first went to daycare, we were all crook. We had to postpone his first birthday party. It will get better.


Yep, better to get all the common illnesses and build a resistance now i guess.

Funny enough im now better but the wife is crook.


Easy to catch bugs even in hospital.
During my second last of my 11 visits to hospital (last August) over the last 18 months due to a fast A.f. problem, I picked up the influenza type A bug. Bloody awful. A week of intravenous medication to deal with that problem. I was still getting over 2 lots of pneumonia when I got the Type A. From what they were saying, the flu shot that had been made for that strain hadn't worked and many people were catching it. I hadn't had the shot so I would have caught it regardless. The pneumonia was one of the many side effects of one of the meds I was taking for the A.F. They quickly took me off that. Bloody horrid stuff that was.
If smoking is so bad, why does it cure dead fish?
User avatar
Ric
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby farmer joe on Wed May 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Ric wrote:Easy to catch bugs even in hospital.
During my second last of my 11 visits to hospital (last August) over the last 18 months due to a fast A.f. problem, I picked up the influenza type A bug. Bloody awful. A week of intravenous medication to deal with that problem. I was still getting over 2 lots of pneumonia when I got the Type A. From what they were saying, the flu shot that had been made for that strain hadn't worked and many people were catching it. I hadn't had the shot so I would have caught it regardless. The pneumonia was one of the many side effects of one of the meds I was taking for the A.F. They quickly took me off that. Bloody horrid stuff that was.

Our hospitals are one of the great con's of modern Australia. Safest and best in the world? They said the same about our banks and look at the RC and what is happening there. Save your money, and if you can, head into Asia to find world class, safe, bugless hospitals. We dont have them here.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest