Sat, 02 Jun 2018 • 18:10 WST
West Coast v St Kilda
Game Focus

Happy Australia Day 2017

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Happy Australia Day 2017

Postby Total Package on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Here is the difference between Chinese people entering Australia from a non violent country and assimilating with similar values to Australians.... Vs allowing an open border policy on refugees and illegal immigrants from Muslim countries that do not share the same values... as France did.

This video is a direct result of exactly the kind of thing the small minority of bleeding hearts are trying to bring into Australia.

France is fucked now and so is Germany because of Angela Merkel. Watch the video for yourself... and ask if this is what you want Australia to become. Women in France are now living in fear walking the streets of France in suburbs that have been taken over completely by Muslim men. "Men only" cafe's where women are not allowed and women not seen on the streets in public. Women being told to stay at home.

You even hear a Muslim man being recorded on the video in a suburb in France at one stage telling women to leave the male only café... and saying "You're not in Paris! It's a different mentality. Here we do things like we do in our home countries".

This is why educated people are worried about things like refugee intake and illegal immigration.

Last edited by Total Package on Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby HH on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Fat Side wrote:What I would like to know is; why can't the Chinese community assimilate into Australian society? We have to put up with them celebrating their own new year and rubbing our noses in it. Roads get blocked off so it's an inconvenience to Australians. They're in Australia now and our new year in 1 January not some date in February (or whenever it is). They have their own zodiac signs (Pig, Horse etc) and our suburbs are littered with their restaurants.

What I am most curious about is that all of this has been shoved under our noses and when we weren't watching and we have begun celebrating it with them. I don't get it.

If the aboriginals or muslims had done the same thing, the country would be outraged.

Chinese Australians have never demanded that New Year based on the Gregorian calendar be changed because it offends their lunar calendar sensibilities.

Instead, Chinese Australians under the freedom offered by our great country, are free to celebrate Chinese New Year and others who also wish to celebrate can join in.

Similarly, Muslim Australians are free to celebrate Ramadan and other Muslim holidays of significance. Aboriginal Australians and so called Invasion Day sympathisers are free to go down to Freakmantle to celebrate so called One Day.

That's the beauty of our free and democratic society.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE06 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Total Package wrote:Here is the difference between Chinese people entering Australia from a non violent country and assimilating with similar values to Australians.... Vs allowing an open border policy on refugees and illegal immigrants from Muslim countries that do not share the same values... as France did.

^^In 2010 I was in Paris with my wife who'd completed her studies years earlier at the Sorbonne Uni. She loved the place wanted to show me however she was absolutely shocked by the changes in the ensuing years. This was just before the terrorism really started but it was clear France was absolutely screwed.. the two most confronting experiences among many were;

1) Soldiers with machine guns on active patrol in Disneyland,

2) taking the underground to the closest stop near Sacre Coeur and walking the 2km to the monument. Probably the scariest experience of my life. That it was a slum was the first impression but what really confronted was my wife being openly abused and called a F'ing slut etc by gangs of men despite me being there and the presence of our 3 year old girl. The abuse was so fucking casual, so NORMAL and repeated over and over and over by different groups. Turns out this was one of those "no-go" areas you hear about. When they mean "no go" if you are not muslim DONT GO!. Years later it was no surprise this was where one of the terrorists holed up after yet another attack. All of this a stones throw from the moulin rouge...
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Mr Q wrote:monarchy - The republic would have got up without Howard actively undermining it in 1999. Might take until Lizzie dies.

This one I cannot agree.
Of course JH undermined it, just as the republican movement tried to undermine the non-republican side. That's politics. To say it was JH's fault smacks of sore loserism.
Before we go any further, I was and am a strong supporter for Australia to become a republic. The monarchy is brilliant for the UK but should not be part of Australia. Stay as part of the Commonwealth like dozens of countries that have removed the monarchy bit (and changed their flag) but be fully independent.
At the time of the referendum it was very obvious that we would lose. Not because JH undermined it but because the republican movement was a bunch of in-fighting, divisive idiots. They couldn't even decide what style or type or model of republic they wanted. They fought amongst themselves until it was too late and even then came up with some sort of half-arsed bit of this, bit of that model. As to then actually selling it to the rest of the country what hope have got if you can't even agree publicly. It was so poorly done that at the time I thought they should just call it all off before we got our collective arses handed to us on a plate.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:39 pm

WCE06 wrote:1) Soldiers with machine guns on active patrol in Disneyland,

I was at DIsneyland Paris in August 2014. I don't recall seeing a single soldier with a machine gun. Anywhere in Paris for that matter.

WCE06 wrote:taking the underground to the closest stop near Sacre Coeur and walking the 2km to the monument.

From my recollection, that goes through a red light district. I don't think you'd expect people to be on their best behaviour around there. I found it a rather intimidating area to walk through back in 2000 when I first visited Paris.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Total Package wrote:What we have seen since the late 90s and 2000's is an increase in Political Correctness taking over what we can say, do and feel. And that means that:

Being told that saying "Merry Xmas" offends Muslims so we should say "Happy Holidays".
Being told Christmas Carols are banned from schools as it offends the non-religious.
Being told that if you believe in screening refugees and minimising the intake to protect the country from potential threats of terrorism that you are heartless.
Being told that if you don't agree on an Open Border Policy even on illegal immigrants regardless of whether they are refugees or not that you are racist and or heartless.
Being told that you cannot use gender pronouns because there are more than 2 genders (No there is fucking not...biology exists) so you cannot use a pronoun when talking to someone in case they are a transsexual or identify as a cat in a human's body or an attack helicopter... as referring to them as their actual biological sex could offend them so much they would collapse into a heap on the floor.
Being told that you can't go to a university to hear someone speak on the "problems of modern day Feminism" because it makes you a sexist, misogynistic fascist.
Being told that the Australian National Anthem shouldn't be played at events because it offends them.
Being told you are a heartless racist and must change the Australia day is celebrated because it offends a small minority of the community.

Actually the more you think about it.... its the left that are the ones that are intolerant of other people's views.... and displaying the Fascism with the "This is how you must act and feel or else you are xxxxx"

Is it okay to be offended by legal immigrants from muslim countries entering Australia?
Is it okay to be offended because the original Australians would rather we celebrate Australia Day at a more inclusive time of the year?
Is it okay to be offended because our first Australians want to be treated the same as the rest of us?
Is it okay to be offended when a same sex couple want to marry?
Is it okay to be offended by a woman because she wants to be referred to as Ms and not Mrs - or retains her own name after marriage?
Is it okay to be offended when somebody calls you a bigot when you refuse to acknowledge other people's differences or deny history?

The right is always looking for an excuse to be offended. It goes back to attention seeking and entitlement.

As for the Christmas carols being banned and happy holidays offending muslims, you need to check snopes when trolling through hard right wing social media.
Last edited by Fat Side on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Mr Q wrote:
WCE06 wrote:1) Soldiers with machine guns on active patrol in Disneyland,

I was at DIsneyland Paris in August 2014. I don't recall seeing a single soldier with a machine gun. Anywhere in Paris for that matter.

Yep. I was there in January 2014 and I couldn't see one either.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Mr Q wrote:
WCE06 wrote:taking the underground to the closest stop near Sacre Coeur and walking the 2km to the monument.

From my recollection, that goes through a red light district. I don't think you'd expect people to be on their best behaviour around there. I found it a rather intimidating area to walk through back in 2000 when I first visited Paris.

Have you taken the walk from the centre of Dublin to the Guinness Brewery? Boarded up tenement flats with groups of youths hanging around. Couldn't wait to get out of there.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:53 am

Fat Side wrote:The right is always looking for an excuse to be offended. It goes back to attention seeking and entitlement.

Poor generalisation. The world seems full of people looking to be offended. I see it more from the luvvie left than the right. People who get offended about jokes, ads, twitter comments, anything and everything.
In a world of connectiveness it is easy to get offended, you don't even have to look for it, it'll come to you.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE06 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:45 am

Mr Q wrote:I was at DIsneyland Paris in August 2014. I don't recall seeing a single soldier with a machine gun. Anywhere in Paris for that matter.

Beats me why you guys would go to Paris and not visit Notre Dame, the Louve , Eiffel tower or the airport.. but regards Disney the day we went must have been a holiday period was chockers. The soldiers were on active patrol near the entrance bounding Universal Studio's and Disney. Continually scanning the crowd, covering each other checking bags, strollers...

Mr Q wrote:From my recollection, that goes through a red light district.

Nowhere near it, is like comparing East Perth with the Northbridge strip. No this was a genuine piece of Syria transplanted into a suburb, from my recollection and based on where the underground pops up in relation to Sacre Coeur its right on the edge of this suburb;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... loors.html
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:48 am

WCE06 wrote:
Mr Q wrote:I was at DIsneyland Paris in August 2014. I don't recall seeing a single soldier with a machine gun. Anywhere in Paris for that matter.

Beats me why you guys would go to Paris and not visit Notre Dame, the Louve , Eiffel tower or the airport.. but regards Disney the day we went must have been a holiday period was chockers. The soldiers were on active patrol near the entrance bounding Universal Studio's and Disney. Continually scanning the crowd, covering each other checking bags, strollers.

I visited Notre Dame on Xmas Eve when there was a queue of people waiting to go in. When the singing was amplified throughout the neighbourhood. There was security/crowd control, but no heavily armed police. Mind you, I would expect that would have changed since.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby HH on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Total Package wrote:Being told that saying "Merry Xmas" offends Muslims so we should say "Happy Holidays".
Being told Christmas Carols are banned from schools as it offends the non-religious.
Being told that if you believe in screening refugees and minimising the intake to protect the country from potential threats of terrorism that you are heartless.
Being told that if you don't agree on an Open Border Policy even on illegal immigrants regardless of whether they are refugees or not that you are racist and or heartless.
Being told that you cannot use gender pronouns because there are more than 2 genders (No there is fucking not...biology exists) so you cannot use a pronoun when talking to someone in case they are a transsexual or identify as a cat in a human's body or an attack helicopter... as referring to them as their actual biological sex could offend them so much they would collapse into a heap on the floor.
Being told that you can't go to a university to hear someone speak on the "problems of modern day Feminism" because it makes you a sexist, misogynistic fascist.
Being told that the Australian National Anthem shouldn't be played at events because it offends them.
Being told you are a heartless racist and must change the Australia day is celebrated because it offends a small minority of the community.

Now we're being told Hunters and Collectors must change their name:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/mu ... 215bd2c45a

This was funny:

Old name: I Want to F--- You Like an Animal
New name: I Want to Consensually Explore your Body like a Vegetable
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Total Package on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:19 pm

HH wrote:
Total Package wrote:Being told that saying "Merry Xmas" offends Muslims so we should say "Happy Holidays".

Now we're being told Hunters and Collectors must change their name:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/mu ... 215bd2c45a

This was funny:

Old name: I Want to F--- You Like an Animal
New name: I Want to Consensually Explore your Body like a Vegetable

Don't forget... they are changing traffic lights in Melbourne to shown women at crosswalks too. :roll:

The things that happen when you have a group that want so badly to be oppressed to justify their internal hatred and failure to make anything of their lives.... but can't actually find anything in 2017 to be oppressed about to blame it on.... so start looking for crosswalk signals. Amazing.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Total Package wrote:[
Don't forget... they are changing traffic lights in Melbourne to shown women at crosswalks too. :roll:

The things that happen when you have a group that want so badly to be oppressed to justify their internal hatred and failure to make anything of their lives.... but can't actually find anything in 2017 to be oppressed about to blame it on.... so start looking for crosswalk signals. Amazing.

This is seriously hilarious. I've heard it said that the old signals look like a women dressed in jeans. The feminists are now getting it changed to a women in a dress. The irony....
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Total Package on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:40 pm

farmer joe wrote:
Total Package wrote:[

This is seriously hilarious. I've heard it said that the old signals look like a women dressed in jeans. The feminists are now getting it changed to a women in a dress. The irony....

I'm fully expecting 10 years from now feminists will be outraged at the same lights they are changing... saying that they represent women being bossy by telling people when and when they can't cross the street. And so completes the circle of victimhood.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems