Page 1 of 2

Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:31 pm
by Eliot Mess
............................. FUCK

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:16 am
by aquila audax
This time last year , I was walking through the very same markets and even though it was only three weeks after the Paris atrocities , the last thing on your mind with the atmosphere of the Christmas spirit around you , was the likelihood of being mowed down in such a fashion . Families and kids predominate . Such a soft target . No prospect of guarding against this or future similar attacks other than our vigilance against those in our midst who are looking for opportunities to do us harm .
The fact that these people are unified by a particular religion is not being xenophobic , but realistic .

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:33 pm
by Fat Side
aquila audax wrote:This time last year , I was walking through the very same markets and even though it was only three weeks after the Paris atrocities , the last thing on your mind with the atmosphere of the Christmas spirit around you , was the likelihood of being mowed down in such a fashion . Families and kids predominate . Such a soft target . No prospect of guarding against this or future similar attacks other than our vigilance against those in our midst who are looking for opportunities to do us harm .
The fact that these people are unified by a particular religion is not being xenophobic , but realistic .


Tragic.

They're unified by a particular extreme organisation. It's criminal.

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:05 pm
by WCE06
After the cologne cover up I don't trust the German authorities. Merkel states how bad it would be if it was found a refugee was involved, next minute the one in custody is released and no-one else in the frame???

So how the fuck did the perp get away?

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:31 pm
by Eliot Mess
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/23/anis-amri-berlin-attack-suspect-shot-dead-milan

The fucking pinhead is dead. (under plastic at right). Thank you Polizia di Milano.

Image

Image

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:43 pm
by Crazy Dazz
I Seriously do not understand what these people are trying to achieve?

Generally, one can understand somebody's aims without agreeing with them, and even despising their methods.

30 odd years ago, nobody gave a rats arse about Islam. Australia was pursuing ever closer ties with Indonesia and Malaysia, and Islam was the fastest growing religion in the USA. They were getting converts amongst disaffected youth and promoting Islam as the appropriate religion for Black Americans. There were massive "Black Empowerment" rallies actually organised by Muslim backed organisations.
Europe, over the last 50 odd years had thrown open its doors to Islamic refugees.
And if you asked the average person on the street about Palestine, most favoured Israel giving back land, a Palestinian Homeland, and shared control of Jerusalem.

An American acquaintance of mine recently quipped that whilst American used to be divided into Republicans and Democrats, it was now divided into Moslems, and the people that want to beat them up.

Dubya had popular support for wars that basically involved finding the smelliest Islamic country, and pounding the shit out of it. Then just when you think Americans were over it, along comes ISIS, and gives Trump a new target to bomb the crap out of.
Europeans rubbished Dubya. Now they can't wait to lend a hand. Even the Russians are getting in on it.

Now, if you ask the average American about the "Palestinian Solution," they'll agree that yes, Trump should bomb some more Moslems.

Would be terrorists in Glasgow set fire to their car and themselves, only to be dragged out and have the living shit kicked out of them by passers-by.

I lived and worked in Indonesia, and you could not meet a nicer bunch of people. Moslems and Christians all living and working side by side.
These fuckwits have simply succeeded in making a lot of people hate Islam, and made it an easy target for unscrupulous politicians.

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:46 am
by Eliot Mess
Dazz, this one's about Death. To solve one's emotional and ethical dilemmas, by dying in service of the Imagined Shred of Hope That The Writings Offer. Heaven Immediate.

All these young guys are internally lost, and would make the perfect fodder for Scientology. Being lost and also having the young man's curse of lust torment, they see no hope of ever making heaven through 'good behaviour'.

Then they get persuaded at a deep level that what they need is Real Islam. It'll all be fine, and they can be assured they'll go Home: just classify non Muslims or non-Sunni as not worth anything (the projection of the separated shadow of their own worthlessness) and try to die killing them with weapons, resonant with jihad.

That's why they'll always prefer bombvests and guns, knives and trucks. You'll never see them poisoning a dam, or say, cutting power to a hospital, interfering with a train's guidance system so it crashes...could kill lots of people, but because it doesn't resemble the mythology: no heaven.

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:43 pm
by Fat Side
Crazy Dazz wrote:These fuckwits have simply succeeded in making a lot of people hate Islam, and made it an easy target for unscrupulous politicians.


Absolutely true. The problem is that so many accept the propaganda and emotional language out of hand and don't bother with any effort to properly educate themselves and get a true perspective.

Groups like ISIS and Al Quaeda are just that...groups. They espouse the their faith as a means of justifying their actions to themselves. They are criminals and should be treated as such. They are at the extreme end of the religious spectrum which is nothing new. We have seen it with other religions including Christianity. It's probably fair to say that some politicians are towards the same end of the spectrum. The only difference is the religion.

The best way that non-muslims can minimise radicalism in this country is to embrace muslim people. The hard line language from our so called leaders (Bernardi, Hansen, Abbott etc) helps create a breeding ground for radicalising muslim youth. It feeds the monster.

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:29 pm
by aquila audax
Fat Side wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:These fuckwits have simply succeeded in making a lot of people hate Islam, and made it an easy target for unscrupulous politicians.


Absolutely true. The problem is that so many accept the propaganda and emotional language out of hand and don't bother with any effort to properly educate themselves and get a true perspective.

Groups like ISIS and Al Quaeda are just that...groups. They espouse the their faith as a means of justifying their actions to themselves. They are criminals and should be treated as such. They are at the extreme end of the religious spectrum which is nothing new. We have seen it with other religions including Christianity. It's probably fair to say that some politicians are towards the same end of the spectrum. The only difference is the religion.

The best way that non-muslims can minimise radicalism in this country is to embrace muslim people. The hard line language from our so called leaders (Bernardi, Hansen, Abbott etc) helps create a breeding ground for radicalising muslim youth. It feeds the monster.


Cannot agree with this .
While you may espouse tolerance of Islam and embracing Muslims , they for their part want no such integration with non Muslims.
They will continue to believe that until the whole country adopts all of Islam's beliefs , they have a duty to try to convert it by whatever means is necessary ( no matter how unrealistic this aim may be in a Western country ).
The local Islamic preachers in various mosques around the country who preach against Western values , are not all members of terrorist splinter groups , but people who are trying to advance Islam against rival religions at any cost.

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:15 pm
by Crazy Dazz
When I was in Indonesia, my staff were a mixture of Muslim and SDA. Now across the western world, one of the SDA's core belief's is vegetarianism. I can tell you right now that there are not many vegetarians in Indonesia!
Similarly, in the poorer rural areas (where many of the non-skilled workers came from) as in a lot of Asia, the only livestock they can afford are Pigs. Now to a strict Muslim, Pork is unclean, but that didn't stop them.

I remember coming back to Perth for Christmas, and as usual there was a debate over whether Christmas was offensive to non-Christians. I even had a card from my local poly, wishing us "Joyous Wishes for the Festive Season." I flew back to Indo on the night of Boxing Day. What do you reckon was the first thing I see upon walking into Jakarta Airport? Biggest bloody Christmas Tree I've ever seen, and a huge banner proclaiming "Merry Christmas" in both Bahasa and English!

All of my staff wished me a "Merry Christmas and God Bless you," including the most devout Muslims.

At their core, all different Religions are fundamentally incompatible. But that doesn't stop individual believers from living together in harmony.

I have no problem with a Muslim preaching that Jesus was not the Son of God, and that Christians are fools and idol worshippers. But when anybody encourages terrorism they should be stopped, regardless of what religion they cloak it in.

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:21 am
by aquila audax
Crazy Dazz wrote:When I was in Indonesia, my staff were a mixture of Muslim and SDA. Now across the western world, one of the SDA's core belief's is vegetarianism. I can tell you right now that there are not many vegetarians in Indonesia!
Similarly, in the poorer rural areas (where many of the non-skilled workers came from) as in a lot of Asia, the only livestock they can afford are Pigs. Now to a strict Muslim, Pork is unclean, but that didn't stop them.

I remember coming back to Perth for Christmas, and as usual there was a debate over whether Christmas was offensive to non-Christians. I even had a card from my local poly, wishing us "Joyous Wishes for the Festive Season." I flew back to Indo on the night of Boxing Day. What do you reckon was the first thing I see upon walking into Jakarta Airport? Biggest bloody Christmas Tree I've ever seen, and a huge banner proclaiming "Merry Christmas" in both Bahasa and English!

All of my staff wished me a "Merry Christmas and God Bless you," including the most devout Muslims.

At their core, all different Religions are fundamentally incompatible. But that doesn't stop individual believers from living together in harmony.

I have no problem with a Muslim preaching that Jesus was not the Son of God, and that Christians are fools and idol worshippers. But when anybody encourages terrorism they should be stopped, regardless of what religion they cloak it in.


Very well said CD .
Totally agree with your sentiments .
On an individual basis , no matter what we believe , we all know right from wrong and good from evil .

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:50 am
by Fat Side
aquila audax wrote:
Fat Side wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:These fuckwits have simply succeeded in making a lot of people hate Islam, and made it an easy target for unscrupulous politicians.


Absolutely true. The problem is that so many accept the propaganda and emotional language out of hand and don't bother with any effort to properly educate themselves and get a true perspective.

Groups like ISIS and Al Quaeda are just that...groups. They espouse the their faith as a means of justifying their actions to themselves. They are criminals and should be treated as such. They are at the extreme end of the religious spectrum which is nothing new. We have seen it with other religions including Christianity. It's probably fair to say that some politicians are towards the same end of the spectrum. The only difference is the religion.

The best way that non-muslims can minimise radicalism in this country is to embrace muslim people. The hard line language from our so called leaders (Bernardi, Hansen, Abbott etc) helps create a breeding ground for radicalising muslim youth. It feeds the monster.


Cannot agree with this .
While you may espouse tolerance of Islam and embracing Muslims , they for their part want no such integration with non Muslims.
They will continue to believe that until the whole country adopts all of Islam's beliefs , they have a duty to try to convert it by whatever means is necessary ( no matter how unrealistic this aim may be in a Western country ).
The local Islamic preachers in various mosques around the country who preach against Western values , are not all members of terrorist splinter groups , but people who are trying to advance Islam against rival religions at any cost.


Your post suggests that all Muslims have a duty to convert the country and none want to integrate. It's a generalization. We would be appalled if Muslims knocked on our doors and handed us propaganda, although it is regular occurrence with some Christians.

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:03 am
by farmer joe
Crazy Dazz wrote:When I was in Indonesia, my staff were a mixture of Muslim and SDA. Now across the western world, one of the SDA's core belief's is vegetarianism. I can tell you right now that there are not many vegetarians in Indonesia!
Similarly, in the poorer rural areas (where many of the non-skilled workers came from) as in a lot of Asia, the only livestock they can afford are Pigs. Now to a strict Muslim, Pork is unclean, but that didn't stop them.

I remember coming back to Perth for Christmas, and as usual there was a debate over whether Christmas was offensive to non-Christians. I even had a card from my local poly, wishing us "Joyous Wishes for the Festive Season." I flew back to Indo on the night of Boxing Day. What do you reckon was the first thing I see upon walking into Jakarta Airport? Biggest bloody Christmas Tree I've ever seen, and a huge banner proclaiming "Merry Christmas" in both Bahasa and English!

All of my staff wished me a "Merry Christmas and God Bless you," including the most devout Muslims.

At their core, all different Religions are fundamentally incompatible. But that doesn't stop individual believers from living together in harmony.

I have no problem with a Muslim preaching that Jesus was not the Son of God, and that Christians are fools and idol worshippers. But when anybody encourages terrorism they should be stopped, regardless of what religion they cloak it in.

Dazz. I've come through Xmas figuring out I've got old. I guess multiple kids reaching adulthood does that. It also makes you ponder the future and where this country, and the world, is heading.
My fear...within the next half generation 'gated' communities will become the norm as those of us who aren't methheads or religious nuts try to protect ourselves and those around us. As someone who's entire teenage years occurred through the 1980's I question how it has got to this. The political class, the world over, have let us down. Hence why Trump had my support and I will vote for PH or one of her ilk. The system is broke and it is outsiders we need in power to fix the system.
Merry Xmas. :)

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:51 pm
by Mr Q
farmer joe wrote: Hence why Trump had my support and I will vote for PH or one of her ilk. The system is broke and it is outsiders we need in power to fix the system.
Merry Xmas. :)


Trump? Hanson? Outsiders?

Don't make me laugh. Trump has a personal history with both the Clintons and the Bushes, and has filled his cabinet with one percenters and Republican insiders. He's no more an outsider than Hilary Clinton would have been. The Republicans knew this - that's why they didn't want him - and they're packing their dacks for future elections when he can't (or won't) actually be able to act on any of the promises that got him those key states.

As for Pauline Hanson, it's worth remembering just how she got into politics in the first place - as the Liberal candidate for Oxley. She might have been disendorsed prior to the election - though nowadays she'd have been unremarkable - but she did enough to work her way up the political tree inside a major political party to get to be a winning candidate. No outsider there. She was in politics because the Liberal Party got her there.

Re: Weihnachtsmarkt, Breitscheidplatz, Berlin 19.12.2016

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:06 pm
by OccidentalShoreline
Mr Q wrote:
farmer joe wrote: Hence why Trump had my support and I will vote for PH or one of her ilk. The system is broke and it is outsiders we need in power to fix the system.
Merry Xmas. :)


As for Pauline Hanson, it's worth remembering just how she got into politics in the first place - as the Liberal candidate for Oxley. She might have been disendorsed prior to the election - though nowadays she'd have been unremarkable - but she did enough to work her way up the political tree inside a major political party to get to be a winning candidate. No outsider there. She was in politics because the Liberal Party got her there.


The question of how such an intellectual midget managed to win preselection is another story, and way off the topic of this thread.