Sun, 27 May 2018 • 11:10 WST
West Coast v Hawthorn
Game Focus

A choice of two turkeys - aka the federal election

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

A choice of two turkeys - aka the federal election

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu May 26, 2016 12:13 am

I can't find any motivation to give a rats arse anymore. Maybe I am just getting old.

I used to have great respect for our previous member, who funnily enough was a Labor member.
Now days I figure they pencil in the WA results before the counting begins. 2 seats for Labor and the rest for the Libs.
I just hope that this time we don't give a Senate seat to the Mad Wankers party that scored 27 primary votes.

To be honest, I'm not 100% convinced our current local member actually exists. Its probably just a remote-controlled mannequin that they stick in the seat in the house at appropriate times.

The current crop of leaders just leave me cold. Between Turnbull and Shoten, its like a competition to see who can be most out of touch with the Australian people. Then you have the hippies, who only seem to put down their bongs and climb out of the tress when there's a gay person to be exploited for political points.
Even the novelty of Big Clive has worn off. He was good for a laugh, but he was never supposed to actually get elected.

I reckon we should do away with the campaign speeches, and simply have the leaders parade in budgie-smugglers.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Re: A choice of two turkeys - aka the federal election

Postby Fat Side on Thu May 26, 2016 8:01 am

Whichever party that gets in seems intent on continuing the economic downward spiral. Neither seem intent on making any hard decisions to improve our budget deficit in any reasonable time.

A race to the bottom.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Thu May 26, 2016 11:37 am

Crazy Dazz wrote:I can't find any motivation to give a rats arse anymore. Maybe I am just getting old.

I used to have great respect for our previous member, who funnily enough was a Labor member.
Now days I figure they pencil in the WA results before the counting begins. 2 seats for Labor and the rest for the Libs.
I just hope that this time we don't give a Senate seat to the Mad Wankers party that scored 27 primary votes.

To be honest, I'm not 100% convinced our current local member actually exists. Its probably just a remote-controlled mannequin that they stick in the seat in the house at appropriate times.

The current crop of leaders just leave me cold. Between Turnbull and Shoten, its like a competition to see who can be most out of touch with the Australian people. Then you have the hippies, who only seem to put down their bongs and climb out of the tress when there's a gay person to be exploited for political points.
Even the novelty of Big Clive has worn off. He was good for a laugh, but he was never supposed to actually get elected.

I reckon we should do away with the campaign speeches, and simply have the leaders parade in budgie-smugglers.

Even I have switched off which I never thought would happen. The country is run by the "bigs"....big unions, big business, big banks, big welfare and big NFP's (green groups, charities, churches and the rest that don't pay tax including FBT).
As someone who runs a small business that is in the business of helping other small business's I have lost faith that anyone cares about small business or any other "small" group. I have a pretty good understanding of the tax legislation and system in this country. I am convinced that no one in the federal parliament does or wants too. They are only there to protect their own BIG vested interest.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Thu May 26, 2016 11:55 am

If you switch off, then you only have yourself to blame when things don't go the way you want them to.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby jourgo on Thu May 26, 2016 12:57 pm

I just lament the total lack of political talent in Canberra (or anywhere in Australia) at the moment. Pollies that got things done through sheer force of personality and/or an iron will and good political nouse seem no more.
Last edited by jourgo on Thu May 26, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got a fever.
And the only prescription,
Is MORE COWBELL!
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby Total Package on Thu May 26, 2016 1:04 pm

I usually donkey vote out of protest that I am forced to vote for any political party as they are all a disgrace.

But this election will be different. I will be voting for the first time to actually remove someone from office. Malcolm Turnbull has shown he is stubborn and utterly clueless. His complete and utter stuff up of the NBN when he was the minister of the communications portfolio... and some of the comments he made at the time proved that he either was not educated on the subject (which is a disgrace) or he was educated but ignored the best advice of experts in the field... all because he wanted to lie to voters about the supposed benefits of their NBN... of which there was not a single one.

I mean who else would tell a person that can't get even 3rd world level internet... they should probably buy a different house.

I can't wait to see this moron gone.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE06 on Thu May 26, 2016 1:54 pm

farmer joe wrote:Even I have switched off which I never thought would happen. The country is run by the "bigs"....big unions, big business, big banks, big welfare and big NFP's (green groups, charities, churches and the rest that don't pay tax including FBT).

Yep ordinary Australians we are being sold down the gurgler via these BIG vested interests that hold our political system in thrall. Its not going to end well either, we are already well down shit creek.
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Thu May 26, 2016 2:01 pm

Total Package wrote:I usually donkey vote out of protest that I am forced to vote for any political party as they are all a disgrace.

But this election will be different. I will be voting for the first time to actually remove someone from office. Malcolm Turnbull has shown he is stubborn and utterly clueless. His complete and utter stuff up of the NBN when he was the minister of the communications portfolio... and some of the comments he made at the time proved that he either was not educated on the subject (which is a disgrace) or he was educated but ignored the best advice of experts in the field... all because he wanted to lie to voters about the supposed benefits of their NBN... of which there was not a single one.

I mean who else would tell a person that can't get even 3rd world level internet... they should probably buy a different house.

If Scott Morrison is Sco-Mo, Turnbull has to be Slo-Mo doesn't he?
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu May 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Mr Q wrote:If you switch off, then you only have yourself to blame when things don't go the way you want them to.

I absolutely agree, but it is just so hard to find anything in the major parties worth caring about.

For starters, I don't believe our system works the way it should.
I would love to vote for a local member that I could believe in and who would actually represent his constituents. Instead we effectively vote for the government we want, and the majority of backbenchers serve no useful purpose whatsoever. 90% of parliament time is simply a joke.

I used to like voting for independents. I even campaigned and scrutineered for some.
But after that debacle with those two morons from the bush, I'm not convinced on the merits of that either.

I honestly don't know what the major parties stand for any more.
The labor party will sell their grandmothers for a green vote. I dislike shorten, I think Simon Crean was their last leader I really respected.
On many issues, I have preferred the economic policies of the liberals. But their willingness to sell Australia workers down the river has left me gutted.
I despise the Greens. Everything about them is dishonest, hypocritical, and/or just plain stupid.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby MrWoollie on Fri May 27, 2016 2:28 pm

jourgo wrote:I just lament the total lack of political talent in Canberra (or anywhere in Australia) at the moment. Pollies that got things done through sheer force of personality and/or an iron will and good political nouse seem no more.

Not just Australia. Western politicians all seem to be dickheads and idiots.
US - Trump (from joke to 50-50 chance - scary) and Hillary (just useless)
UK - Cameron (Tory version of Blair, all style no substance) and Corben (memo to Jeremy - Labor gave up on Nationalism 50 years ago, the kiddies stopped working in the mines a hundred years ago and in the mills 150 years ago. Workers have rights). And Boris as a replacement for Cameron; is he seriously the best you've got waiting?
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Fri May 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:But after that debacle with those two morons from the bush

That was when it started going down hill for me. Fuckwit, gutless turncoats is a description I love. I hope like hell Joyce manages to get over the top of Windsor this time.
Re ALP leaders. Beazley was the last good one. Look at the way Crean left...proved he was just another union hack.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eliot Mess on Fri May 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Total Package wrote:I usually donkey vote out of protest that I am forced to vote for any political party as they are all a disgrace.

Nope, I'm with MT.

Orange Grove appears to between Tamworth and Gunnedah. There is no town. You might as well move to Moorine Rock, between Merredin and Southern Cross...they've got broadband but not Moorine Rock. "And why isn't there a bloody doctor there also?" Not reasonable.

Part of buying a house (unless you area deadset moron and can't hold more than the price factor in mind), is buying where there are services you need and want. And it's a buyer's market.
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE06 on Fri May 27, 2016 4:28 pm

People still vote for the Greens which is extraordinary and they have basically joined Labor these days. With half the country now on welfare we now have a devastating voting bloc for any government trying to reign in spending.
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Fri May 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Eliot Mess wrote:

Nope, I'm with MT.

Orange Grove appears to between Tamworth and Gunnedah. There is no town. You might as well move to Moorine Rock, between Merredin and Southern Cross...they've got broadband but not Moorine Rock. "And why isn't there a bloody doctor there also?" Not reasonable.

Part of buying a house (unless you area deadset moron and can't hold more than the price factor in mind), is buying where there are services you need and want. And it's a buyer's market.

I agree that it is outright stupidity on her part not to have checked before buying. But it is poor form on the prime minister to ignore the issue and attack her. Especially when he was the one in charge of the NBN for a while wasnt he?'

If he had have put on any spiel that sorta addressed her issue, then also questioned why she bought in an area so devoid of internet access then it would have been better, but yeah poor form in the way he did it.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Eliot Mess on Fri May 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Yes, your political nouse is right.

I'm saying...you can't blame him for no NBN yet in an area where there isn't even copper broadband.
He didn't "not put" all the services she complains are lacking.

Anyway, I think we both know that he's not looking at his phone all day doing his own twitter...just some smart arse junior.
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Next

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems