11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

WILDCATS season 2013/14

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: WILDCATS season 2013/14

Postby Crazy Dazz on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:19 am

mysterio wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:And on another note, whilst the new players are exciting, its disappointing that again we’ve seen significant turnover.
If you look at the team from 5 years ago, only Redhage remains
Significant turnover of players is now common practise in the NBL
Yes, I know, that's my point. I hanker for the good old days when players came and stayed.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Bloodstream on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:
mysterio wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:And on another note, whilst the new players are exciting, its disappointing that again we’ve seen significant turnover.
If you look at the team from 5 years ago, only Redhage remains
Significant turnover of players is now common practise in the NBL
Yes, I know, that's my point. I hanker for the good old days when players came and stayed.

Good thing a lot of imports stuck around, if not we wouldn't have Dante Exum and Ben Simmons in green & gold, if only Kyrie Irving's dad did the same.
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Dom Sheed
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Jamie Cripps
Official 2012 EFH Sponsor of Murray Newman
Official 2011 EFH Sponsor of Jack Darling
Official 2010 EFH Sponsor of Jordan Jones
Bloodstream
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Total Package on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Bloodstream wrote:
Crazy Dazz wrote:
mysterio wrote:Significant turnover of players is now common practise in the NBL

Good thing a lot of imports stuck around, if not we wouldn't have Dante Exum and Ben Simmons in green & gold, if only Kyrie Irving's dad did the same.

From memory Kyrie Irvings dad was playing the equivalent of State League basketball in the Eastern States and only played a few NBL games. Wasn't so much a choice to leave Australia but because he couldn't get a game here.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:49 am

The Wildcats played superbly last night. Craig Hutchinson is still an A grade knob. Game 4 on Sunday. Hopefully we do not need game 5.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Streaker on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:48 am

DALBY wrote:The Wildcats played superbly last night. Craig Hutchinson is still an A grade knob. Game 4 on Sunday. Hopefully we do not need game 5.

I'd love to see us go into a 5th game just so they win it at home in front of 15000 West Aussie fans.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Peter_Melesso_Fanclub on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Winning at home is always great but this time I'd love to see us get it in Melbourne just to shut up all the "experts" who refuse to credit us for our great play and instead attribute everything to reffing and home court advantage. Wrapping the series up 3-1 with an away win would put an end to that annoying crap for good. It would be the ultimate follow-up to the Eagles premiership, with a fair share of parallels.
Peter_Melesso_Fanclub
Veteran

Postby Peter_Melesso_Fanclub on Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:35 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Peter_Melesso_Fanclub
Veteran

Postby jourgo on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:21 pm

An away win to clinch the series is always the most oddly satisfying thing witness. It is the combination of personal joy/satisfaction with witnessing the heartbreak of 95 to 99% of the crowd at the game. Very schadenfreude-y!

But back to the team, it is an amazing achievement and a testament to administration of the club and well as the players. The Wildcats are the most successful team in Australia in any top-level sport, with 9 titles in their 37 year history. That their next closest has 4 (or 5 if you want to attribute past glories undeservedly to Melbourne United) speaks for itself.
jourgo
EFH Legend

Previous

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems