West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

LOVE:One thing I love...........

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby Ric on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:20 am

DALBY wrote:Getting BOG against Mandurah in only my 3rd game in 10 years down at Rushton park Yesterday, tried to Poach me too after the game. :D

Well done Dalby, did they have a big cheque book?
If smoking is so bad, why does it cure dead fish?
Ric
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:05 am

Ric wrote:
DALBY wrote:Getting BOG against Mandurah in only my 3rd game in 10 years down at Rushton park Yesterday, tried to Poach me too after the game. :D

Well done Dalby, did they have a big cheque book?

Still 30 minutes out of my way anyway. I'm very loyal and to be honest I think it was more of an encouragement award as the man I was on killed me. Confidence is high anyway. :D
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Bacardi Babe on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:29 pm

Very happy and proud to say I have 5 cousins playing WAFL league this weekend :D I love my family!
Even heroes have the right to bleed
Bacardi Babe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:05 pm

aaah, a glipse of Autumn, here at last.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Ric on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:57 pm

Bacardi Babe wrote:Very happy and proud to say I have 5 cousins playing WAFL league this weekend :D I love my family!

Let's hope they are better than your friends, the Mortons :lol:
Ric
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Total Package on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:08 pm

Ric wrote:
Bacardi Babe wrote:Very happy and proud to say I have 5 cousins playing WAFL league this weekend :D I love my family!

I believe it is the Morton's she is talking about.... :lol:

Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Ric on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:52 pm

Total Package wrote:
Ric wrote:

I believe it is the Morton's she is talking about.... :lol:

:shock: Shit, those Mortons breed like rabbits. 3 last time, 5 this time. Soon they'll have 18 out there...each AFL side can have one each. :lol:
Ric
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Ric on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm sure some have received this email at some stage. A good come back to some young punk that accuses past generations for what they themselves contribute so much to the worlds ills. :lol:

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags,because plastic bags are not good for the environment.

The woman apologized to the young girl and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."

The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

The older lady said that she was right -- our generation didn't have the "green thing" in its day. The older lady went on to explain:

Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled.
But we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.
Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. This was to ensure that public property (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribbling. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then.

We walked up stairs because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.

But she was right. We didn't have the "green thing" in our day.

Back then we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts. Wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.
But that young lady is right; we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.
Back then we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief(remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right; we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did before the "green thing." We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smart ass young person.

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off... especially from a tattooed, multiple pierced smart ass who can't make change without the cash register telling them how much.
Ric
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:25 am

:lol: love it.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE06 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:22 pm

I now know why the anti development bloc are silent on the opening of Elizabeth Quay. Must be one of the very best things to have happened to the Perth CBD. Brilliant marriage of river and city, even brings the belltower into a different light. Absolute steal on the budget it was delivered, will clearly and obviously repay that investment over and over again. Good example of why the miriad of naysayers in this state should just shut the fux up. Bring on the stadium!
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:33 pm

Well once it finishes being a building site in 2028 anyway.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:51 am

Either Govt was going to build a waterfront development. Barnett changed the design to put his stamp on it.

I haven't seen it yet and I think the concept is great. What irks me is the name. It's up there with announcing Sir Prince Phillip.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby wce1293 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:43 pm

WCE06 wrote:I now know why the anti development bloc are silent on the opening of Elizabeth Quay. Must be one of the very best things to have happened to the Perth CBD. Brilliant marriage of river and city, even brings the belltower into a different light. Absolute steal on the budget it was delivered, will clearly and obviously repay that investment over and over again. Good example of why the miriad of naysayers in this state should just shut the fux up. Bring on the stadium!

Agree. While walking at about 5pm in King's Park on Sunday we decided to walk over and have a look. Besides it being windy and freezing I was so impressed. Especially with the way they re-located the heritage building. Absolutely beautiful. Once they get a few more buildings, restaurants and cafes etc we will definitely be going in to the city to use that area. If they get the ferry timetable expanded like they've suggested, my husband might even be able to catch the ferry from Point Walter to the City for work!! Don't know how anyone could prefer the boring nothing of a grassed area that was there before.
wce1293
Veteran

Postby Total Package on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Fat Side wrote:Either Govt was going to build a waterfront development. Barnett changed the design to put his stamp on it.

I haven't seen it yet and I think the concept is great. What irks me is the name. It's up there with announcing Sir Prince Phillip.

Either Govt has been going to build it for the last 30 years and it never happened.

Whether you like Barnett or not... now was the perfect time to build it (regardless of the current financial position the govt is in) It cost less than expected and was only going to be more expensive later on.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Total Package on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:31 pm

WCE06 wrote:I now know why the anti development bloc are silent on the opening of Elizabeth Quay. Must be one of the very best things to have happened to the Perth CBD. Brilliant marriage of river and city, even brings the belltower into a different light. Absolute steal on the budget it was delivered, will clearly and obviously repay that investment over and over again. Good example of why the miriad of naysayers in this state should just shut the fux up. Bring on the stadium!

Spot on. I finally managed to get down there last night for a look.. and it is fantastic. We took the kids down (unfortunately the water park which they wanted to play in was unfortunately closed for maintenance yesterday... doh!).

After having just spent New Years in Hong Kong... it made me realise even more how wasted our foreshore was. A city with a foreshore that was nothing but grass that hardly anyone used... was a complete and utter waste.

People will always complain... even more so in WA. We complained endlessly about Hillarys boat harbour being built and it's fantastic. People complain about the new stadium... they complained about the Entertainment Centre being pulled down... they complained about Perth Arena.... complained about the Convention Centre People just love a whinge.

I remember Melbournites complaining about their convention centre (which they ridiculed by calling it Jeff's shed after Jeff Kennett). They complained about Southbank being built... and Federation Square. Now you could not imagine Melbourne without these... especially as a visitor. People just need to stop whinging.

If I hear one more dipshit say the money for Elizabeth Quay should have been put into hospitals and education.... idiots.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems