Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus



LOVE:One thing I love...........

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby wce1293 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:53 pm

ArdentEagle wrote:Well.....After thinking for the last two days that something had gone wrong with my Wifes pregnancy, I just found out that not only is everthing o.k - WE'RE HAVING TWINS!!!
Holy Shit :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is so awesome. Congratulations. Start saving NOW!!
wce1293
Veteran
 
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:55 pm

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby jourgo on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:56 pm

ArdentEagle wrote:Well.....After thinking for the last two days that something had gone wrong with my Wifes pregnancy, I just found out that not only is everthing o.k - WE'RE HAVING TWINS!!!
Holy Shit :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


Holy instant family Batman!

I guess that would make it TWO things to love. Congratulations!
jourgo
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:27 pm
Location: Right Here

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby ArdentEagle on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words!!!
They're really appeciated :D

I have to say that is been a real roller coaster of emotions.

We were told that there was a good chance our baby had passed away.
To discover we actually have two healthy babies is both exciting and terrifying.
The nurse thought it was an IVF treatment due to us both being in our mid 30's - apparently twins naturally at our age is damn rare!

I don't earn enough $$$ for this :shock:
Forever to bleed Blue and Gold

The show must go on
User avatar
ArdentEagle
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:41 am
Location: Family first

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby legal eagle on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Ardent by name, Ardent by nature :D Congratulations!
2015 Sponsor of Murray "Hello" Newman
legal eagle
Veteran
 
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:14 pm

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby cheese on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Arena Perth. We went to the grand opening and I've got to say very impressive both inside and out. If we get our new footy stadium with anything like this then we are in for a treat. Oh and Elton John was awesome for a 65 year old.
Luke THE OTHER FOOT Shuey
User avatar
cheese
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:45 pm
Location: Deep South

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby Knighty on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 am

Congratulations Ardent Eagle. As the proud father of twins myself I can attest that you are in for busy time, especially if you follow up with 2 more kids like we did before the twins turn 4! They're all grown up now and I'm happy to say they've always got on with each other brilliantly.

One thing I love: The digital radio I got for my birthday last week. It's a Pure 'Elan 2', discounted from $199 to half price at Dick Smith. It allows me to calibrate the broadcast with what's on TV so I now have ABC commentary synched with the telly. The second cricket test was pure bliss. Roll on footy season.
Fetch hither le fromage de la belle France.
User avatar
Knighty
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:52 am
Location: Living in a powder keg and giving off sparks

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby ArdentEagle on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Knighty wrote:Congratulations Ardent Eagle. As the proud father of twins myself I can attest that you are in for busy time, especially if you follow up with 2 more kids like we did before the twins turn 4! They're all grown up now and I'm happy to say they've always got on with each other brilliantly.

One thing I love: The digital radio I got for my birthday last week. It's a Pure 'Elan 2', discounted from $199 to half price at Dick Smith. It allows me to calibrate the broadcast with what's on TV so I now have ABC commentary synched with the telly. The second cricket test was pure bliss. Roll on footy season.


Thanks Knighty.
I don't think we'll be following up with any extras.
It sounds as though your life would have been mayhem (in a good way) - I hope they're all West Coast supporters?

If one of mine turn to the dark side, I'll be very disappointed!
Out the door we go (Just joking...Well sort of :wink: )

We find out tomorrow what the sexes are :D

I wish you hadn't have told me about the Elan 2, now I want one but I have no $$$ anymore.
Sound like a ripper, I love skull!
Forever to bleed Blue and Gold

The show must go on
User avatar
ArdentEagle
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:41 am
Location: Family first

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby DALBY on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:56 pm

When the better half goes to the Commonwealth bank this morning, and opens accounts for our kids for school banking, and the sales clerk asks "Can I persuade you to come across to us too? No Thanks, "Who do you bank with?" Big Sky Credit Union. "Oh yeah, fair enough, they are one of the best banks!" :D
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby cammania on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:46 am

Knighty wrote:Congratulations Ardent Eagle. As the proud father of twins myself I can attest that you are in for busy time, especially if you follow up with 2 more kids like we did before the twins turn 4! They're all grown up now and I'm happy to say they've always got on with each other brilliantly.

One thing I love: The digital radio I got for my birthday last week. It's a Pure 'Elan 2', discounted from $199 to half price at Dick Smith. It allows me to calibrate the broadcast with what's on TV so I now have ABC commentary synched with the telly. The second cricket test was pure bliss. Roll on footy season.



Had one for a year knighty. Great device. Don't get me wrong.
Just hate the constant digital cutting in and out. And having to leave it next to the kitchen window just because that's the only place the signal gets picked up in my house.
But lovely design as noted and all that jazz.
Got mine for 149 just after Christmas last year when they were more freshly released. Thanks to some gift vouchers, for me it wasn't that much.

Just quickly off topic, electronic devices are unbelievably priced.
Bought a little JBL iPod/iPhone dock. Stickers on sticker. Originally $149, shocker on top stated $59, and that weekend JBL sound docks were 50% off.
Jb hifi is the best.


And to add to the Convo. Watching all the lightning tonight. Nice thunder and lightning too.
Huge cracks in the sky. Looked good. Been going for over 7 hours now. Great stuff.

(I'm up because I was called into work and did the best part of f all for 4 hours) :lol:
Image
User avatar
cammania
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby jaxster on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Nice weather for doing stuff outside. Pop down to Bunnings on a Sunday to pick up some things and as soon as I get out of the car - the smell of the sausage sizzle in the car park.
Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of Government.
User avatar
jaxster
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 3:20 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby Knighty on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 am

cammania wrote:Had one for a year knighty. Great device. Don't get me wrong.
Just hate the constant digital cutting in and out. And having to leave it next to the kitchen window just because that's the only place the signal gets picked up in my house.
But lovely design as noted and all that jazz.
Got mine for 149 just after Christmas last year when they were more freshly released. Thanks to some gift vouchers, for me it wasn't that much.

Just quickly off topic, electronic devices are unbelievably priced.
Bought a little JBL iPod/iPhone dock. Stickers on sticker. Originally $149, shocker on top stated $59, and that weekend JBL sound docks were 50% off.
Jb hifi is the best.


And to add to the Convo. Watching all the lightning tonight. Nice thunder and lightning too.
Huge cracks in the sky. Looked good. Been going for over 7 hours now. Great stuff.

(I'm up because I was called into work and did the best part of f all for 4 hours) :lol:
The signal with the aerial up is fine, as long as I don't put it too close to the computer. I'll be stopping in at JB this week to see what they have for playing MP3 through speakers. I don't have an iPod or an iPad. I must be one of the few people in the world who doesn't own an Apple product.
Fetch hither le fromage de la belle France.
User avatar
Knighty
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:52 am
Location: Living in a powder keg and giving off sparks

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby Sico 17 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Don't you just love a summer storm? (as long as it is a heavy downfall)
User avatar
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:56 pm
Location: Plan A Deviant

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby The Boat on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:45 pm

I reckon the people at Collie are over it. 100+ mm since 9am and counting.
The Boat
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:42 pm

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby Eliot Mess on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Sico 17 wrote:Don't you just love a summer storm? (as long as it is a heavy downfall)


And the evening air, cool and swirling between the bursts of storm..
User avatar
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:22 am

Re: LOVE:One thing I love...........

Postby The Boat on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Collie up to 110mm now.
The Boat
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest