West Coast v Western Bulldogs
Game Focus

Most Hated Player

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Re: Most Hated Player

Postby cammania on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:11 pm

ArdentEagle wrote:
cammania wrote: That's what happens when you write stuff one minute after a sleep. North vs port games do that to me

Funny. I've just woken up too.

Last thing I remember was half time of the Port v N.M game

No better time to sleep when two rabbles are playing
cammania
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby GrantleyBuffalo on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:58 pm

It's nice to know that Stephen Milne is booed at AAMI Park, just because he's Stephen Milne.
Sincerest apologies if the above post didn't meet all criteria or lift the thread to an upper echelon of awesomeness.
GrantleyBuffalo
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eliot Mess on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:16 pm

GrantleyBuffalo wrote:It's nice to know that Stephen Milne is booed at AAMI Park, just because he's Stephen Milne.

Q: Why do people take an instant dislike to Stephen Milne?

A: It saves time.
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 am

Well he's got it again, but why no Ballantyne, Crowley, it must be a Victorian thing?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... =public_js
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby jayvee on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:34 pm

DALBY wrote:Well he's got it again, but why no Ballantyne, Crowley, it must be a Victorian thing?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... =public_js

I honestly think it's a West Coast rivallry thing - Ballantyne is indeed a niggler, but he also has something about him which kinda makes you either hate him, or kinda smile - has exceptional skill, and the niggling is part of his game that actually works - so some do quite like the way he goes about it. Not always in the faces of victorians as much, so probably gets under the radar a bit there too. Crowly isn't one of my faves, but to be honest, he's just kind of there - I doubt he really garners up enough attention from most, to love him or loathe him enough to matter..
jayvee
Regular

Postby mysterio on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Was at the Freo v Carlton match yesterday ( yes i do still feel very dirty) and in the second qtr when Marc Murphy had got tackled and pinged for holding the ball, the play went on and as Murphy when to get up Ballantyne ran past and kicked him in the groin which left him on the ground in a lot of pain..... an umpire in the area leaned in and said something to Murphy (may of been saying he saw it happen). I hope that dirty lil prick Ballantyne gets cited for it
Last edited by mysterio on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:48 pm

mysterio wrote:Was at the Freo v Carlton match yesterday ( yes i do still very dirty) and in the second qtr when Marc Murphy had got tackled and pinged for holding the ball, the play went on and as Murphy when to get up Ballantyne ran past and kicked him in the groin which left him on the ground in a lot of pain..... an umpire in the area leaned in and said something to Murphy (may of been saying he saw it happen). I hope that dirty lil prick Ballantyne gets cited for it

That is down right dirty, but will probably result in a penalty the third of the size of an improper tackle or bump.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Rens on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:24 pm

jack riewolt (spelling) for me. Struts around like he thinks he has the presence of a tony lockett or something
Rens
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby jourgo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:33 pm

WCE Booka 89 wrote:
mysterio wrote:Was at the Freo v Carlton match yesterday ( yes i do still very dirty) and in the second qtr when Marc Murphy had got tackled and pinged for holding the ball, the play went on and as Murphy when to get up Ballantyne ran past and kicked him in the groin which left him on the ground in a lot of pain..... an umpire in the area leaned in and said something to Murphy (may of been saying he saw it happen). I hope that dirty lil prick Ballantyne gets cited for it

That is down right dirty, but will probably result in a penalty the third of the size of an improper tackle or bump.

Hmmm. Yes. Personally if I were that umpire I'd have said something like "I saw it happen. I'd have kicked you harder myself..."

But that could be my blind hatred of the Tank clouding my thinking.
I got a fever.
And the only prescription,
Is MORE COWBELL!
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby DALBY on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Ricky Petterd has just joined Des Headland at the helm.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:35 pm

DALBY wrote:Ricky Petterd has just joined Des Headland at the helm.

We at least know what was said in the Selwood/Headland case, but we haven't a clue what was said in the McGinnity/Petterd case so I'm not sure he is quite up there yet.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby WCE06 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:43 am

Please choose from the following options;

1. Judd will get three weeks (reduced to two) for his dangerous sling tackle, ruling him ineligable for the brownlow and Carltons straight sets finals exit; or

2) The AFL will alter their season long interpretation of dangerous tackles and his charge will get thrown out, he'll win the brownlow and play in Carlton's straight sets finals exit.
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby King Quinten on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Is there a third option? :( . Because I found the incident on youtube and I doubt highly he would go for it. Gilbert's arms are free in the tackle, his head doesn't make contact with the ground and he wasnt injured. Also no remonstration from any st kilda players. Oh, and it's Judd!! :roll:

As much as I would run down the street screaming in celebration if Judd got 2 weeks in the last round of a year he will be a run away winner of the Chaz, and potentially scrap him from Carlton's failed finals bid. I just don't think it will happen unfortunately. :( :( :(
2011 Official Sponsor of Josh "The President" Kennedy
2012 Official Sponsor of Scott "Scooter McGavin" Selwood
2013 Official Sponsor of Nic "The Panther" Naitanui
JK now launching rocket drop-punts from the Kennedy Space Centre (about 50m out on the boundary :D).
King Quinten
Regular

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Considering Heath Hocking only got one week for his sling on Kerr and that was with a 10% increase due to previous form this year, I'm not overly sure he will go.

Found some footage of it for those who haven't seen it (not too great though and doesn't show whether his head hits the ground or not)

WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:29 pm

King Quinten wrote:Is there a third option? :( . Because I found the incident on youtube and I doubt highly he would go for it. Gilbert's arms are free in the tackle, his head doesn't make contact with the ground and he wasnt injured. Also no remonstration from any st kilda players. Oh, and it's Judd!! :roll:

As much as I would run down the street screaming in celebration if Judd got 2 weeks in the last round of a year he will be a run away winner of the Chaz, and potentially scrap him from Carlton's failed finals bid. I just don't think it will happen unfortunately. :( :( :(

im with you on this. nothing in it, it was one fluent motion....it was a pretty soft tackle actually.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to AFL Board