Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast v Collingwood
Game Focus

Most Overrated Team of 2018

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Re: Most Overrated Team of 2018

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:41 am

sydney eagle wrote:Could the AFL persuade a team like North Melbourne to move to Tasmania permanently, change their name to "Tassie Kangaroos" etc ? I'd even be in favor of giving them a few draft concessions, say one local player per year as a pre draft selection for the first five or six years they were down there or perhaps an academy like the ones Sydney, Gold Coast etc have.

If I recall, North were discussed as the team to take the Gold Coast position due to them playing at Carrara and building a base, but Brayshaw came out and killed it, then in the next breath asked for a handout. Now that they are having success this year, they will probably be even more stubborn. Norf know that the AFL will give them money regardless of where they are located so not sure how they could persuade them unless they actually get someone in charge with a pair and cut the funding (about as likely as a non-MCG Grand Final...)
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby DALBY on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Gold coast are so screwed. It wouldn't surprise me to see Lyons, Barlow, Swallow, Kolodjashnij and of course Tom Lynch all leave next year. Dew would need some sort of miracle to get this team winning again.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:41 pm

DALBY wrote:Gold coast are so screwed. It wouldn't surprise me to see Lyons, Barlow, Swallow, Kolodjashnij and of course Tom Lynch all leave next year. Dew would need some sort of miracle to get this team winning again.

I am happy if Ah Chee decides to leave and comes our way.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:37 pm

MrWoollie wrote:For me, flag favourites with immense depth to cover injuries to a game and a half outside the eight and hanging on to a finals chance by the thinnest of margins at the half season point - GWS.

I'll get it in before someone else remembers this.

Yes, consider my hat as being eaten. Brilliant recovery from mid season.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to AFL Board