Advanced  

Latest Result

Round 22 Perth Stadium
Sun, 19 Aug 2018 • 13:20 WST
West Coast Melbourne
14.7 (91) 16.12 (108)
Game Focus

Next Game

Round 23 Gabba
Sat, 25 Aug 2018 • 0:00 WST
West Coast v Brisbane Lions
Game Focus



2018 Predicitions

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

2018 Predicitions

Postby DALBY on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:01 am

1. Richmond
2. Sydney
3. Geelong
4. Adelaide
5. Port Adelaide
6. GWS
7. Essendon
8. Melbourne
9. Hawthorn
10. St Kilda
11. Bulldogs
12. Fremantle
13. Gold Coast
14. West Coast
15. Carlton
16. Collingwood
17. Brisbane
18. North Melbourne

GF Sydney and Geelong

Premiers Sydney

Norm smith Josh Kennedy

Brownlow Tom Mitchell

Rising Star A. Brayshaw.

Coleman Joe Daniher.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby Fat Side on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:18 am

1. GWS
2. Adelaide
3. Geelong
4. Richmond
5. Port Adelaide
6. Sydney
7. Melbourne
8. Essendon
9. Western Bulldogs
10. St Kilda
11. Hawthorn
12. West Coast
13. Collingwood
14. Gold Coast
15. Fremantle
16. Carlton
17. Brisbane
18. North Melbourne

GF: Adelaide v GWS
Premiers: GWS
Norm Smith: Josh Kelly
Brownlow: Cripps (Carlton)
Rising Star: Rayner
Coleman: Jesse Hogan

Headline of the Year - Buckley resigns mid season and McGuire goes with him.
Last edited by Fat Side on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make the switch now
User avatar
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:48 am

I dont think our slide will be as bad as what these so called experts believe.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby farmer joe on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:32 pm

GWS
Sydney
Adelaide
Geelong
Port
Essendon
Eagles
Melbourne

Richmond
Dogs
St Kilda
Hawks
Brisbane
Freo
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Carlton
North

Premiers - GWS (beating Geelong after the Crows stumble again)
Brownlow - Josh Kelly from Nat Fyfe/Elliot Yeo/Joe Daniher
Norm Smith - Josh Kelly
Coleman - Buddy slightly in front of Daniher. JK comes storming after kicking 10 against St Kilda at home in Round 11
Rising Star - Daniel Venables :)
Story of the year - Richmond go back to being 9thmond and self destruct. Fyfe admits that Ross Lyon cant coach
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby Bigbird on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:44 pm

I think Freo will be big movers this year - the new ground should really suit them as well. Blues, Scum on the up too if they can get it together.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Scott Lycett, Tom Barrass and Jonathon Giles - the big guys have landed.

Proud 2016 sponsor of Nobody. Because I couldn't find the thread. :-(
Proud 2015 sponsor of Scott Lycett. The future has arrived.
User avatar
Bigbird
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: Somewhere in time...

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby Mead on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:51 pm

1. Adelaide
2. GWS
3. Essendon
4. Richmond
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. Port Adelaide
8. West coast

9. St Kilda
10. Melbourne
11. Bulldogs
12. Hawthorn
13. Carlton
14. Collingwood
15.Sydney
16.North Melbourne
17.Gold Coast
18. Brisbane
User avatar
Mead
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:51 pm

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby Fat Side on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 am

Bigbird wrote:I think Freo will be big movers this year - the new ground should really suit them as well. Blues, Scum on the up too if they can get it together.


I don't get the hype around Freo. They should improve, but without a decent forward line they are going nowhere. Punters are getting excited due to a good game against an absolute lack-luster game WCE who applied no pressure whatsoever-
Make the switch now
User avatar
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby Bigbird on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:25 pm

Fat Side wrote:
Bigbird wrote:I think Freo will be big movers this year - the new ground should really suit them as well. Blues, Scum on the up too if they can get it together.


I don't get the hype around Freo. They should improve, but without a decent forward line they are going nowhere. Punters are getting excited due to a good game against an absolute lack-luster game WCE who applied no pressure whatsoever-


My thoughts have nothing to do with the pre-season game. I never read into them too much!
Proud 2017 sponsor of Scott Lycett, Tom Barrass and Jonathon Giles - the big guys have landed.

Proud 2016 sponsor of Nobody. Because I couldn't find the thread. :-(
Proud 2015 sponsor of Scott Lycett. The future has arrived.
User avatar
Bigbird
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: Somewhere in time...

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby DALBY on Mon May 14, 2018 12:12 pm

After 8 rounds, Macrae, Gawn and Grundy, would be the best players in the competition. I think we all knew Gawn (26) would come back to his best after injury. The other two are still only young.23 and 24 years old. Big futures ahead for sure.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby MrWoollie on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:32 am

Half way through the season and I'm willing to revisit. I didn't post before year start due laziness but am willing to fess up to what I have got wrong so far.

Up Surprises -
WCE. My pick was miss the eight (9-12) but not reach Robert Wall's wooden spoon level.
North - Picked them in the 13-18 group. Don't think they have enough to win it but look good enough to play finals.
Melbourne - I thought they would improve and get into the bottom part of the eight.
Down Surprises -
GWS - thought they were top 4.
Adelaide - thought they were top 2.
Hawks - thought they were 5-8.
Fremantle - thought they would be pushing for the bottom of the eight, sort of 7-10.

Now for what I think will happen in the remainder of the year.
1. 12 wins will probably not be enough to make the eight. In the past few years 12 has been the make it/not make on percentage zone. This year, due to the number of teams on one win, more wins exist up the table so 12 is likely a 'miss out' number.
2. Unfortunately I think we will fade a bit. Just a bit hard to maintain this sort of form with a youthful team. No 'Norf Crash' of 2016 but I can see us finishing down a few spots.
3. I see Melbourne also slipping a few spots. Struggle against the better teams.
4. Adelaide, Hawks and GWS could all make the eight. Unlikely all three will, but especially Port and Collingwood are vulnerable. Norf could still slip up.
5. Essendon and below will not make it.
6. Richmond and Sydney to contest the GF.
7. Tom Mitchell to win Brownlow.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
User avatar
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:53 am
Location: Peak District National Park

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby Fat Side on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:25 am

MrWoollie wrote:Half way through the season and I'm willing to revisit. I didn't post before year start due laziness but am willing to fess up to what I have got wrong so far.

Up Surprises -
WCE. My pick was miss the eight (9-12) but not reach Robert Wall's wooden spoon level.
North - Picked them in the 13-18 group. Don't think they have enough to win it but look good enough to play finals.
Melbourne - I thought they would improve and get into the bottom part of the eight.
Down Surprises -
GWS - thought they were top 4.
Adelaide - thought they were top 2.
Hawks - thought they were 5-8.
Fremantle - thought they would be pushing for the bottom of the eight, sort of 7-10.

Now for what I think will happen in the remainder of the year.
1. 12 wins will probably not be enough to make the eight. In the past few years 12 has been the make it/not make on percentage zone. This year, due to the number of teams on one win, more wins exist up the table so 12 is likely a 'miss out' number.
2. Unfortunately I think we will fade a bit. Just a bit hard to maintain this sort of form with a youthful team. No 'Norf Crash' of 2016 but I can see us finishing down a few spots.
3. I see Melbourne also slipping a few spots. Struggle against the better teams.
4. Adelaide, Hawks and GWS could all make the eight. Unlikely all three will, but especially Port and Collingwood are vulnerable. Norf could still slip up.
5. Essendon and below will not make it.
6. Richmond and Sydney to contest the GF.
7. Tom Mitchell to win Brownlow.


I reckon 12 wins will be enough to sneak into the eight. After 11 games those teams 8-11 have won six. I think 16 wins with reasonable % will make top four and 18 wins will make top 2.

If it pans out that way we can drop three games in the second half of the year and still make top two or drop five and make top four. We know we need to finish top two to have a real crack with home finals.
Make the switch now
User avatar
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby DALBY on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:30 am

Joe Daniher has cost me heaps. Maybe next in 2020 he may win the Coleman. :?
Do or do not!
There is no try.
User avatar
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: WAIKIKI

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby farmer joe on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:07 am

DALBY wrote:Joe Daniher has cost me heaps. Maybe next in 2020 he may win the Coleman. :?

Me too.

Maybe he should do a Croad or Tarrant and move to Freo. He is becoming an obvious target for them..
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby MrWoollie on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Fat Side wrote:I reckon 12 wins will be enough to sneak into the eight. After 11 games those teams 8-11 have won six. I think 16 wins with reasonable % will make top four and 18 wins will make top 2.

If it pans out that way we can drop three games in the second half of the year and still make top two or drop five and make top four. We know we need to finish top two to have a real crack with home finals.

Port are currently in 8th with 6 wins, but have a game in hand. Win that and everyone in the 8 will have 7 or more wins. Repeat that in the second half of the season and 14 will be needed.
Also, the teams in 9-10 already are on 6 wins (12 for the season) and missing out.
12 wins may still end being a make/miss on percentage but I wouldn't be betting on it. Still calling it as 13 wins needed to guarantee.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
User avatar
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:53 am
Location: Peak District National Park

Re: 2018 Predicitions

Postby Clarke Markx Goalz on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:20 pm

I think we'll get 13.

Round 13 Fri 15 Jun 7:50pm Swans SCG
Round 14 Thu 21 Jun 6:10pm Bombers Optus Stadium
Round 15 Sat 30 Jun 4:05pm Crows Adelaide Oval
Round 16 Sun 8 Jul 2:40pm Giants Optus Stadium
Round 17 Sun 15 Jul 1:10pm Magpies MCG
Round 18 Sun 22 Jul 1:20pm Bulldogs Optus Stadium
Round 19 Sun 29 Jul 1:10pm Kangaroos Blundstone Arena
Round 20 Sun 5 Aug 2:40pm Dockers Optus Stadium
Round 21 Sat 11 Aug 4:05pm Power Adelaide Oval
Round 22 Sun 19 Aug 1:20pm Demons Optus Stadium
Round 23 Fri 24 Aug 12:00am Lions Gabba

With ten in the bank, another 3 should be getable. At least i thought so till i copied and pasted the fixture. I'm reasonably confident of getting at least half of those games. we should be going for 17 games with 7 of the last eleven to get top 2. Only 5 of those teams are currently top 8.
2011 Official Sponsor of the Father-son and the Jacob Brennan.
2011 EFH Dreamteam minor premier.
2012 Sponsor of Josh 'the man, the Hero' Kennedy.
User avatar
Clarke Markx Goalz
Veteran
 
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: Melbourne

Next

Return to AFL Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron