Sat, 25 Aug 2018 • 0:00 WST
West Coast v Brisbane Lions
Game Focus

2018 footy trips

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

2018 footy trips

Postby farmer joe on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Booked on the weekend with the young bloke to go over to the Bombers v Pies ANZAC Day game next year. Has anyone been and how is the best way to get tickets without being a member of either club?
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Re: 2018 footy trips

Postby Mr Q on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:40 pm

farmer joe wrote:Booked on the weekend with the young bloke to go over to the Bombers v Pies ANZAC Day game next year. Has anyone been and how is the best way to get tickets without being a member of either club?

How are you going to explain to a youngster that there is no good result in the match you're going to see?

Does it get worse than the Scum v the Filth?
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Mr Q wrote:
farmer joe wrote:Booked on the weekend with the young bloke to go over to the Bombers v Pies ANZAC Day game next year. Has anyone been and how is the best way to get tickets without being a member of either club?

How are you going to explain to a youngster that there is no good result in the match you're going to see?

Does it get worse than the Scum v the Filth?

Unfortunately age is creeping up on me. That means it is creeping up with him....he turns 22 this week.

Yep, I agree about the teams and the result. But if we are ticking off regular season games to see this is up there I guess?
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Clarke Markx Goalz on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:20 pm

They also sell tickets to AFL and MCC members, so if you know one of them, you can get a ticket. Generally they put most of the public tickets up close to the start of the season. At least after the fixture is released. You can set up an email alert for ticketek or tickmaster, Who ever sells for the MCG and they will send you alerts. I get them whenever there isan upcoming eagles game. Tho you will have to sit through all the pies alerts.

The other thing to watch for is that clubs can increase the price of tickets and essendon tend to do it more than the other clubs, so you'll be better off if it's a pies home game.
2011 Official Sponsor of the Father-son and the Jacob Brennan.
2011 EFH Dreamteam minor premier.
2012 Sponsor of Josh 'the man, the Hero' Kennedy.
Clarke Markx Goalz
Veteran

Return to AFL Board