West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

All Australian Team 2017

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Re: All Australian Team 2017

Postby DALBY on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:28 am

mysterio wrote:Joel Selwood gets a spot over others purely based on reputation. Has done now for a few seasons.

This is bollocks along with Shiel. Both should never have come close to making the team.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:36 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:
Fat Side wrote:Congratulations to the boys.

On a side note, they created another tall forward to get Daniher in there.

Pretty much. Their justification which gives it a tiny bit of substance is that daniher goes into the ruck also.

Ben Brown plays ruck as well, kicked more goals than Daniher in a very ordinary team. My view is they should have selected a medium/tall forward not another KPF.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am

Fat Side wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:
Fat Side wrote:Congratulations to the boys.

On a side note, they created another tall forward to get Daniher in there.

Pretty much. Their justification which gives it a tiny bit of substance is that daniher goes into the ruck also.

Ben Brown plays ruck as well, kicked more goals than Daniher in a very ordinary team. My view is they should have selected a medium/tall forward not another KPF.

I like Ben Brown and I agree. Would have had him in and not Daniher. I also would have found a spot for Toby Greene. He is a bit of a dick put he brings passion and makes footy fun to watch. Also not keen of the selection of Rance as the captain.
Well done to our guys. I am particularly thrilled in the improvement and the stepping up of Yeo. Our group needs him to come through both as a player and as a leader. He, JK and Gov all deserve to be there.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 pm

farmer joe wrote:
Fat Side wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:

I like Ben Brown and I agree. Would have had him in and not Daniher. I also would have found a spot for Toby Greene. He is a bit of a dick put he brings passion and makes footy fun to watch. Also not keen of the selection of Rance as the captain.
Well done to our guys. I am particularly thrilled in the improvement and the stepping up of Yeo. Our group needs him to come through both as a player and as a leader. He, JK and Gov all deserve to be there.

Hard to really justify ben brown in ahead of daniher because he kicked more goals. He kicked one goal more over a whole season. When you compare other stats though Daniher edges him out in just about all of them (disposals by about 3 per game, Marks by 1 per game, edges him out in Tackles, 2 more hitouts per game). Both really shouldn't get a gig because of their ability in the ruck with them averaging 3 hitouts for daniher and 1.6 for Brown, not the stats of an AA backup ruckman. But I am not against three tall forwards and it was a toss up between Brown and Daniher for the spot and the third tall needs to be able to do more around the ground so therefore Daniher with the better disposals and marking stats should get it.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby farmer joe on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:44 pm

WCE Booka 89 wrote:Hard to really justify ben brown in ahead of daniher because he kicked more goals. He kicked one goal more over a whole season. When you compare other stats though Daniher edges him out in just about all of them (disposals by about 3 per game, Marks by 1 per game, edges him out in Tackles, 2 more hitouts per game). Both really shouldn't get a gig because of their ability in the ruck with them averaging 3 hitouts for daniher and 1.6 for Brown, not the stats of an AA backup ruckman. But I am not against three tall forwards and it was a toss up between Brown and Daniher for the spot and the third tall needs to be able to do more around the ground so therefore Daniher with the better disposals and marking stats should get it.

Fair points. But Daniher plays for a mob of drug cheating pricks who I now rate lower than the Purple Freaks whilst Ben Brown plays forward in a team that probably deserved to finish last. That alone means I would go with Brown.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:44 am

Does Gov know how to smile?
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby sydney eagle on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Pinion King wrote:Does Gov know how to smile?

Come on Jeremy give us a smile !
sydney eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to AFL Board