Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast v Collingwood
Game Focus

Round 1

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Round 1

Postby Fat Side on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:27 am

Richmond looked good against the rabble. An attractive game to watch with plenty of attacking footy.

Richmond will want to tighten up their defence. 89 points against the wooden spoon favourites, will be 120 points against the top sides = Loss

I don't think much can be taken from the game.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Re: Round 1

Postby DALBY on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:53 am

Dusty Martin was sensational, great to see Murphy back too. Nankervis and Butler look great too. Hope they can stay consistent for the Tigers.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:53 am

it felt really weird watching footy at 4.20pm and all done and dusted by 7pm.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Magpies should get destroyed tonight no Mayne, and Cloke to kick a bag to stick it up Buckley who should be sacked by round 4. Great to see Murphy back.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby MrWoollie on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:15 pm

DALBY wrote:Magpies should get destroyed tonight no Mayne, and Cloke to kick a bag to stick it up Buckley who should be sacked by round 4. Great to see Murphy back.

Apparently Mayne is a late inclusion. Also, apparently, he is a former Eagle...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-24/t ... -pie-debut

Edit - I wonder how long it will be before they change the ...'/the-mayne-event-former-eagle-gets-late-callup-for-pie-debut' to what it should be
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:26 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
DALBY wrote:Magpies should get destroyed tonight no Mayne, and Cloke to kick a bag to stick it up Buckley who should be sacked by round 4. Great to see Murphy back.

Apparently Mayne is a late inclusion. Also, apparently, he is a former Eagle...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-24/t ... -pie-debut

Edit - I wonder how long it will be before they change the ...'/the-mayne-event-former-eagle-gets-late-callup-for-pie-debut' to what it should be

You can understand their confusion. What football is played outside of Victoria?

It's changed already.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:33 am

Entertaining game. The Dogs are awesome at inside to outside ball movement.

Pies fought back well, but just didn't have the class of the Dogs, nor a big forward. Not enough scoring options. It will hurt them all year.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Upset at the SCG. Really good first game from Sam P-P.
I won't say it... I won't say it... I won't say it...
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:23 am

A few unlikely winners from the weekend.

Adelaide's win over GWS was a good one to bank. Same goes to Port. Melbourne's win was not so surprising as they are on the rise.

Good attacking footy all weekend which was great to see. Big scores and attractive footy.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby wce1293 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:42 am

All the media love for Essendon....making me sick. Sure, give them a pat on the back for beating a top side but no need to go on about how great it is to have them back and getting all emotional about it. They're drug cheats, got caught, paid the penalty and we've allowed them back into the competition. That's it.
wce1293
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:22 pm

wce1293 wrote:All the media love for Essendon....making me sick. Sure, give them a pat on the back for beating a top side but no need to go on about how great it is to have them back and getting all emotional about it. They're drug cheats, got caught, paid the penalty and we've allowed them back into the competition. That's it.

Agree, makes me sick also, they got of lightly because they are a Melbourne power team with too many supporters to offend.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:48 pm

And congratulations to the North fans for the respect they showed Petrie.
So different from the vitriol and hatred shown by the Collingwood Filth dickheads to Travis Cloke. They were literally frothing and foaming at the mouth. That could have been the rabies but I don't think so.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:00 am

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
wce1293 wrote:All the media love for Essendon....making me sick. Sure, give them a pat on the back for beating a top side but no need to go on about how great it is to have them back and getting all emotional about it. They're drug cheats, got caught, paid the penalty and we've allowed them back into the competition. That's it.

Agree, makes me sick also, they got of lightly because they are a Melbourne power team with too many supporters to offend.

yep - proven drug cheats
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:00 am

Fat Side wrote:A few unlikely winners from the weekend.

Adelaide's win over GWS was a good one to bank. Same goes to Port. Melbourne's win was not so surprising as they are on the rise.

Good attacking footy all weekend which was great to see. Big scores and attractive footy.

Except for the last game of the round, Freo play the same boring shit footy.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:16 am

MrWoollie wrote:And congratulations to the North fans for the respect they showed Petrie.
So different from the vitriol and hatred shown by the Collingwood Filth dickheads to Travis Cloke. They were literally frothing and foaming at the mouth. That could have been the rabies but I don't think so.

Totally agree, was great to see. Typical Pie supporters, you don't have to wonder why they are the most hated in the AFL. A premiership player, best and fairest, All Australian. He was one of the best contested marks wearing the pies Guernsey at one stage.Disappointing to hear so many boos and criticism form a champion magpie. :(
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Next

Return to AFL Board