Game Focus

The most over-rated AFL player

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Re: The most over-rated AFL player

Postby Fat Side on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:23 pm

farmer joe wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:
DALBY wrote:Vickery or Mayne for recruit of the year?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tyr...a29b3766640f94

Both: $500k a year salary
Mayne: 2 goals from 3 games
Vickery: 2 goals from 6 games

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is quite funny because every single person who follows footy (media & fans) kind of went "what the" when these deals were signed.

I hope Mayne sticks firm on his contract...a contracts a contract.

I love the story the Buckley thought that they had signed Mundy...and Mayne turned up. :) Mayne should stick it out. A contract is a contract. Also my understanding is that if the Pies negotiate a buy-out then the entire buy-out is included in the salary cap for the year.
Vickery may yet come good. He has had a bit on non footy stuff on his mind this year...

Mayne's old man put paid to that. Reckons Buckley was in the meetings selling a role to Mayne.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Re: The most over-rated AFL player

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Fat Side wrote:
farmer joe wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:
It is quite funny because every single person who follows footy (media & fans) kind of went "what the" when these deals were signed.

I hope Mayne sticks firm on his contract...a contracts a contract.

I love the story the Buckley thought that they had signed Mundy...and Mayne turned up. :) Mayne should stick it out. A contract is a contract. Also my understanding is that if the Pies negotiate a buy-out then the entire buy-out is included in the salary cap for the year.
Vickery may yet come good. He has had a bit on non footy stuff on his mind this year...

Mayne's old man put paid to that. Reckons Buckley was in the meetings selling a role to Mayne.

I can believe that. They arent allowed to trade a player without the players consent so they must have had a meeting with Mayne prior to the deal.

Piss poor work by Buckley claiming it was a mix up. Only throws mud on himself and the club. How can the club make a decision without having the coaches backing? Well clearly the club thinks stuff all of your opinion if they do that...
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Previous

Return to AFL Board