West Coast Melbourne
18.13 (121) 7.13 (55)
Game Focus

Next Game

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast v Collingwood
Game Focus

Essendon doping bombshell (What Bombshell)

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Re: Essendon doping bombshell (What Bombshell)

Postby HH on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Just when we thought this sordid tale would end....
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:14 am

Terrible if true. I hope he finds his way through this. As much as I disagreed with his role in the supplement saga, I wouldn't wish him harm.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:50 am

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/o ... 90e78b7283

Since the news that he was in hospital after a serious “medical incident” the community has once more broken apart into two sides. One argues that Hird had let down the club and the players by his lack of methodical governance, the first duty of an AFL coach. Players he coached received drugs — some of which have not been identified — and others that have and which led to 34 players coached by Hird being suspended for 12 months. Hird, by his lack of watchful eye, forced Jobe Watson, the son of former champion Tim Watson, to hand back his 2012 Brownlow Medal.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Total Package on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Fat Side wrote:http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/opinion/patrick-smith/james-hird-has-plotted-his-own-tragic-course/news-story/52b8eee1cdb4885b25381990e78b7283

Since the news that he was in hospital after a serious “medical incident” the community has once more broken apart into two sides. One argues that Hird had let down the club and the players by his lack of methodical governance, the first duty of an AFL coach. Players he coached received drugs — some of which have not been identified — and others that have and which led to 34 players coached by Hird being suspended for 12 months. Hird, by his lack of watchful eye, forced Jobe Watson, the son of former champion Tim Watson, to hand back his 2012 Brownlow Medal.

I think that is a fair and intelligent article.... even though Patrick Smith has been copping a hammering over it from the usual virtue signallers.

I said it 12-18 months ago... it was blindingly obvious to me having supported loved ones suffer with bipolar and mental illness... that Hird was showing classic signs mental illness as far as 2 years ago. Signs of delusion, grandiosity and paranoia... and his mental illness was being fuelled by his own supporters and the club itself.

The Essendon club and it's own supporters are the ones to blame for what has happened to Hird.... not the media or anyone that has been critical of Hird. You can't keep telling something that showing signs of mental illness and full of paranoia in their head... that they are right to believe that paranoia and conspiracy theories and that they've done nothing wrong. The frivolous court action that Hird kept taking was a sure sign he was not thinking logically. What the hell his wife was doing fuelling him as well is beyond me.

Now he finally had his breakdown and hospitalisation which was only going to be a matter of time... and people are blaming journos and opposition supporters for causing it? They've got no idea.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:40 pm

FMD, it just never ends. Its like the whole club just has a death wish

https://thewest.com.au/sport/essendon-bombers/essendon-reached-out-to-underworld-figure-mick-gatto-reports-ng-b88409902z
Essendon have denied allegations the AFL club reached out to underworld figure Mick Gatto to obtain information relating to the doping scandal.

Two former Essendon employees - including dual premiership player Dean Wallis - have reportedly made the claim as part of a Worksafe action against the club.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Mr Q on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:58 pm

The Essendon saga. The gift that keeps on giving.

Shut them down and relocate and rebrand them in Tassie. Seems about all they can do now.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Mr Q wrote:The Essendon saga. The gift that keeps on giving.

Shut them down and relocate and rebrand them in Tassie. Seems about all they can do now.

That seems the only solution. For sure as the sun will rise tomorrow more and more people involved will come forth as time goes on with their own stories of the horror of being part of Essendon. Not to mention telling the truth regarding the cheating and injection regimen. The AFL will be better off without them.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby HH on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Now the true human cost of Hird's dodgy plan to play at the edges comes to roost:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-09/n ... es/8604922

The fact is, Essendon cannot provide any guarantees to the convicted Essendon 34 drug cheats or their families because they deliberately failed to keep records of the illegal peptides they were injecting into the players. And if any of the players developed any serious illness, would the club seek to deny them through the waivers they made them sign?

This is why Essendon are a disgrace to the competition and should be deregistered for bringing the game into disrepute and exposing their own players to an uncertain future with respect to their health - all because of Hird's arrogance and desire to play at the edges. Mind you, the Essendon 34 were complicit in this as well once they agreed to become human pin cushions and sign waivers for unknown peptides.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:03 am

HH wrote:Now the true human cost of Hird's dodgy plan to play at the edges comes to roost:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-09/n ... es/8604922

The fact is, Essendon cannot provide any guarantees to the convicted Essendon 34 drug cheats or their families because they deliberately failed to keep records of the illegal peptides they were injecting into the players. And if any of the players developed any serious illness, would the club seek to deny them through the waivers they made them sign?

This is why Essendon are a disgrace to the competition and should be deregistered for bringing the game into disrepute and exposing their own players to an uncertain future with respect to their health - all because of Hird's arrogance and desire to play at the edges. Mind you, the Essendon 34 were complicit in this as well once they agreed to become human pin cushions and sign waivers for unknown peptides.

Good on Nathan Lovett-Murray bringing this scum bag club to account.

I hope the health issues for his three-year-old daughter can be sorted out regardless of cause. What a nightmare for the family never being able to know the cause for sure; especially because of the lack of records. (Records never taken, lost, burned, dog ate them...)
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:Good on Nathan Lovett-Murray bringing this scum bag club to account.

I hope the health issues for his three-year-old daughter can be sorted out regardless of cause. What a nightmare for the family never being able to know the cause for sure; especially because of the lack of records. (Records never taken, lost, burned, dog ate them...)

Good luck to him but will be a very difficult thing to prove.
Burden of proof lies with the plaintiff, NL-M. Has to show that (on the balance of probabilities) what he was given is the cause of the problems in his daughter. To do this he will need to 1) produce evidence of what he was injected with (good luck with that), and 2) that said substance(s) have been shown to cause problems similar to those his daughter is suffering from.

Again, I wish him luck but fear he has an impossible task.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:50 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:Good on Nathan Lovett-Murray bringing this scum bag club to account.

Good luck to him but will be a very difficult thing to prove.
Burden of proof lies with the plaintiff, NL-M. Has to show that (on the balance of probabilities) what he was given is the cause of the problems in his daughter. To do this he will need to 1) produce evidence of what he was injected with (good luck with that), and 2) that said substance(s) have been shown to cause problems similar to those his daughter is suffering from.

Again, I wish him luck but fear he has an impossible task.

CAS found to the standard of 'comfortable satisfaction' that they used peptides. Comfortable satisfaction is a higher standard of proof than 'on the balance of probabilities.' He has something to work with, although proving his daughter is affected is the difficulty.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:20 pm

You can't make this stuff up. Seriously funny.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-10/p ... ty/9316806

We only need Hird to be found on a boat importing meth from China for it to get funnier.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:14 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-02/c ... he-dockers

What the fuck Freo, what the fuck?

Seriously, this guy should *never* be invited back into an AFL club in any sort of player connected role. He's a dozen times more toxic than B.Cousins.

Maybe, just maybe, Essendon should offer him an administrative role in their Community Development team...
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Mr Q wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-02/could-james-hird-be-off-to-the-dockers

What the fuck Freo, what the fuck?

Seriously, this guy should *never* be invited back into an AFL club in any sort of player connected role. He's a dozen times more toxic than B.Cousins.

Maybe, just maybe, Essendon should offer him an administrative role in their Community Development team...

Was stuck in traffic (guess where, bloody Cockburn as always. Thanks Mr Premier...) on the freeway when I heard this on SEN. Most around would have thought road rage but I was really saying ‘wtf, Ross Lyon!’.
The prick should NEVER have been allowed back into the game in any capacity.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:23 am

Mr Q wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-02/could-james-hird-be-off-to-the-dockers

Another reason to hate James Hird, another reason to hate Fremantle.

But seriously!!! Any club with any respect for the game and with any integrity would not touch that c*** for anything. That guy is a bigger [Greg Williams] than Greg Williams. And that's saying something.

Edit. I would be f***ing rope-able if my club even looked at employing that piece of shit.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to AFL Board