Sun, 19 Aug 2018 • 13:20 WST
West Coast v Melbourne
Game Focus

Light Humour ...

Discuss the AFL, other clubs and the game in general

Moderators: Mr Q, DALBY

Re: Light Humour ...

Postby GrantleyBuffalo on Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:05 am

Knighty wrote:Shouldn't Andrew McLeod be on that list?

Or Chris Groom, at least...

EDIT: Phew, Groom gets his due recognition on this list.

Yes, Docker fans, I realise you beat us on the weekend. It's these little things that allow us to get through the hard times ... please allow us that. Cheers.
Sincerest apologies if the above post didn't meet all criteria or lift the thread to an upper echelon of awesomeness.
GrantleyBuffalo
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Schwayne on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:23 am

Clive has his own list.
West Coast Eagles Premiers 1992 1994 2006
Subiaco Lions Premiers 1912 1913 1915 1924 1973 1986 1988 2004 2006 2007 2008
Schwayne
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:52 am

GrantleyBuffalo wrote:EDIT: Phew, Groom gets his due recognition on this list.

To be fair on Freo, this article keeps on perpetuating the myth that Freo traded away compensatory picks. They couldn't have got Lloyd or Wirrpanda themselves, and their trading history is bad enough without including that. It's also worth adding that the Freo-Hawks trade of 2001 did include McPharlin for pick 36 on top of the Croad for pick 1 trade. Freo lost overall, but not by anywhere near as much when you remember that.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DrJon on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Mr Q wrote:
GrantleyBuffalo wrote:EDIT: Phew, Groom gets his due recognition on this list.

To be fair on Freo, this article keeps on perpetuating the myth that Freo traded away compensatory picks. They couldn't have got Lloyd or Wirrpanda themselves, and their trading history is bad enough without including that. It's also worth adding that the Freo-Hawks trade of 2001 did include McPharlin for pick 36 on top of the Croad for pick 1 trade. Freo lost overall, but not by anywhere near as much when you remember that.

Thanks for the perspective Q.

Re the lists, obviously Freo won't have the stellar list that WC can boast and I'm also surprised to see Norrish there, but you have to remember it's a News Limited publication, where a fixation with lists instead of actual journalism and reasoned analysis is commonplace.

Look at the press and febrile media interest a knobspanker like Mike Sheehan' attracts with his "Top 50".
DrJon
Regular

Postby DALBY on Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:26 pm

Digging up an old thread I know, but I was talking to to our new personal assistant to our CEO at work today and discovered Kelly is Shaun McManus's sister. :shock:

Got talking a little and next year should be fun, as she hates West Coast. Work tipping should be fun next year. :D
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Mr Q on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:16 pm

DALBY wrote:Digging up an old thread I know, but I was talking to to our new personal assistant to our CEO at work today and discovered Kelly is Shaun McManus's sister. :shock:

Got talking a little and next year should be fun, as she hates West Coast. Work tipping should be fun next year. :D

Many years ago I worked with Josh Carr's sister. At a company that was a major Freo corporate supporter.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Total Package on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:19 pm

DALBY wrote:Digging up an old thread I know, but I was talking to to our new personal assistant to our CEO at work today and discovered Kelly is Shaun McManus's sister. :shock:

Ask her if Shaun remembers the time he was at the pub and arrogantly pushed through a group of people at the bar 5 deep to get to the front ... and yelled out "F#@k off... don't you know who I am".
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:16 pm

Total Package wrote:

Ask her if Shaun remembers the time he was at the pub and arrogantly pushed through a group of people at the bar 5 deep to get to the front ... and yelled out "F#@k off... don't you know who I am".

Consider it done!
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Reece McKenzie going ballistic on facebook about Dan Richardson and the Tigers footy club. :lol:
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Eliot Mess on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:40 pm

GrantleyBuffalo wrote:
Knighty wrote:Shouldn't Andrew McLeod be on that list?

Or Chris Groom, at least...

EDIT: Phew, Groom gets his due recognition on this list.

Yes, Docker fans, I realise you beat us on the weekend. It's these little things that allow us to get through the hard times ... please allow us that. Cheers.

Wherever did the Buffalo go?
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:42 pm

Mr Q wrote:

Many years ago I worked with Josh Carr's sister. At a company that was a major Freo corporate supporter.

I was once interviewed for a job, and they asked me if I followed AFL. When I happily answered yes, they got very serious, and asked me which team. I answered honestly, and they literally sighed with relief.

At another place, we had dealings with Rio Tinto, at quite a senior level for the Pilbara Iron operations. They had a permanent corporate box at Subi, and were forever offering us tickets to Dockers games, cos in those days they literally could not give them away.

Funny story, I have a friend whose then boyfriend lied and said he was a Dockers supporter, just to get into her good books (and pants). After they were married, it came out that he was a life-long St Kilda fan. They are since divorced, and her new man (who is a top bloke and treats her like a queen) is a die-hard Eagles fan and drags her along to games.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby farmer joe on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:57 am

farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:51 am

Crazy Dazz wrote:
Mr Q wrote:

I was once interviewed for a job, and they asked me if I followed AFL. When I happily answered yes, they got very serious, and asked me which team. I answered honestly, and they literally sighed with relief.

At another place, we had dealings with Rio Tinto, at quite a senior level for the Pilbara Iron operations. They had a permanent corporate box at Subi, and were forever offering us tickets to Dockers games, cos in those days they literally could not give them away.

Funny story, I have a friend whose then boyfriend lied and said he was a Dockers supporter, just to get into her good books (and pants). After they were married, it came out that he was a life-long St Kilda fan. They are since divorced, and her new man (who is a top bloke and treats her like a queen) is a die-hard Eagles fan and drags her along to games.

Good story. I once went for a job interview and, during the interview, I was asked what my hobbies are. I told them that I played football. The guy asked me who I played for and I told him. He then mentioned a name and asked me if I knew him. The guy's name he mentioned was my new coach so I told him. He asked if he could be a referee which I confirmed he could. The guy then told me that my new coach was the production manager. Anyway I turned up to training that afternoon and told the coach what happened. He winked at me and said "You'll be right." I was offered and accepted the job the next day in front of nine other applicants.

It's not what you know.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:11 am

So good to see the Hawks goalless in a half. Got spanked, even we can win in Adelaide. :lol:
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Previous

Return to AFL Board