Game Focus

Round 6 - Western Derby

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Round 6 - Western Derby

Postby Fat Side on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:13 pm

MrWoollie wrote:
Pinion King wrote:In: Jetta, Petruccelle (both named on field)
Out: TBA

INTERCHANGE FROM*
8 Jack Redden
28 Thomas Cole
30 Jackson Nelson
31 Will Schofield
34 Mark Hutchings
36 Fraser McInnes
44 William Rioli
45 Jake Waterman

We must have a new match committee. I am really loving our attitude this year. We are picking youth.

Unless there are injuries we don't know about I would expect...
Rioli to be one of the fourto make it.
Schofield and McInnes to miss out (both talls).
then it becomes a little harder...
Redden to be one of the four.
Cole or Waterman to be one of the others to play depending on height choice, but probably Cole in.
Hutchings to be the 4th on the bench.

Redden, Cole, Rioli and Nelson to make the cut depending on whether we intend to play JP forward or back. I think he will play forward so it's possible Waterman will miss (I hope not). Jetta will probably come in for Nelson unless Sheppard doesn't come up.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:16 pm

Pinion King wrote:He mentioned that we have a few sore players.

So select them? And why take them on an away trip when we have a month of big games to follow? Very poor from the selectors last week.
Last edited by Fair Bump Play On on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:18 pm

Pinion King wrote:In: Jetta, Petruccelle (both named on field)
Out: TBA

INTERCHANGE FROM*
8 Jack Redden
28 Thomas Cole
30 Jackson Nelson
31 Will Schofield
34 Mark Hutchings
36 Fraser McInnes
44 William Rioli
45 Jake Waterman

We must have a new match committee. I am really loving our attitude this year. We are picking youth.

Much better this week. Hopefully Shuey and Sheppard are fit to play.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Peter_Melesso_Fanclub on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:37 pm

Really pleasing to see Petruccelle selected :)
Peter_Melesso_Fanclub
Veteran

Postby Mead on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Congrats to Petrucelle, such a big game to get a start in. So far as I can tell he will be the 12th ever west coast eagle to make his debut in a derby, interestingly it seems to be a bit of a curse, only 2 derby debutants, Embers and Morrison, have gone on to play 150 games for the club.

Assuming no injury related omissions (I'm a bit concerned about JK given his absence from training on Monday) there are some tough calls to be made in that bench.

I would have thought Cole is a certainty after a fine debut, and Willie Rioli continues to impress.

That leaves Redden/Schofield/Hutchings/Nelson/Mcinnes/Waterman struggling for two spots, one of which I would have thought will go to someone capable of tagging Fyfe or Mundy.
Mead
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:00 pm

Scofield, hutchings, mcinnes and nelson/redden to be the emergencies.

Looking forward to the next 5 weeks, all are tough games.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:16 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:Scofield, hutchings, mcinnes and nelson/redden to be the emergencies.

Looking forward to the next 5 weeks, all are tough games.

Honestly cant see us going with 4 talls again. Waterman or Kennedy out.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Peter_Melesso_Fanclub on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Mead wrote:Congrats to Petrucelle, such a big game to get a start in. So far as I can tell he will be the 12th ever west coast eagle to make his debut in a derby, interestingly it seems to be a bit of a curse, only 2 derby debutants, Embers and Morrison, have gone on to play 150 games for the club.

If he goes on to have Embers' career I could probably live with that. As long as it includes the Norm Smith of course.
Peter_Melesso_Fanclub
Veteran

Postby Mr Q on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Peter_Melesso_Fanclub wrote:
Mead wrote:Congrats to Petrucelle, such a big game to get a start in. So far as I can tell he will be the 12th ever west coast eagle to make his debut in a derby, interestingly it seems to be a bit of a curse, only 2 derby debutants, Embers and Morrison, have gone on to play 150 games for the club.

If he goes on to have Embers' career I could probably live with that. As long as it includes the Norm Smith of course.

Meh to the NS. The other medal Embers got that day would be better.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:53 pm

Well done to Petruccelle. Great to see young blokes going well get rewarded. Rewarding players doing well means Hutchings never plays again. Seriously, he is not up to AFL standard.

I hope we win. For lots of reasons including I grew up going through primary school in the 70's. I remember big Rosco as an East Perth (his old man played there?) and North Melbourne legend. In terms of his career his time at the Eagles was insignificant. This week has just added to my dislike of the purple freaks (loyal, proud, passionate...of what?) and I hope we do it for the great man.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:22 pm

farmer joe wrote:I hope we win. For lots of reasons including I grew up going through primary school in the 70's. I remember big Rosco as an East Perth (his old man played there?) and North Melbourne legend. In terms of his career his time at the Eagles was insignificant. This week has just added to my dislike of the purple freaks (loyal, proud, passionate...of what?) and I hope we do it for the great man.

I just popped over to the other place to have a look at their comments on it. A great laugh. Especially when the comments of "we (freo) have no backbone" start.

They do have one good point, I would never want to see an Eagle wearing something with Pavlich on it.

Looking forward to the game. Sunday can't get here fast enough.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:50 am

Everyone's favourite hack...no not Hardie, Hackdorn claims that the following players will not line up for the derby:

Shuey, Sheed, Yeo and JK for WCE and A.Pearce for the bottom feeders.

He reckons that JK is pulling up sore after games, Yeo has apparently done a hamstring, Shuey and Sheed are carrying injuries. As for Pearce apparently his achilles is worse than is being touted.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:38 am

Fat Side wrote:Everyone's favourite hack...no not Hardie, Hackdorn claims that the following players will not line up for the derby:

Shuey, Sheed, Yeo and JK for WCE and A.Pearce for the bottom feeders.

He reckons that JK is pulling up sore after games, Yeo has apparently done a hamstring, Shuey and Sheed are carrying injuries. As for Pearce apparently his achilles is worse than is being touted.

We have already responded with a nicely worded "that's bullshit" statement.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby HH on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Anyone know definitively if we’re wearing royal blue or Yellow Peril?

Under the new and correct philosophy of wearing royal unless there is a clash, we should be wearing royal blue golden wings with white shorts.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:45 pm

HH wrote:Anyone know definitively if we’re wearing royal blue or Yellow Peril?

Under the new and correct philosophy of wearing royal unless there is a clash, we should be wearing royal blue golden wings with white shorts.

Pretty sure it is the yellow. It's what we wore in the preseason games.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles