West Coast v Hawthorn
Game Focus

2018 Pre Season

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

2018 Pre Season

Postby domo_the_eagle on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Read an article that jetta sustained a calf injury. Natanui still training away from the main group and guys like yeo, barrass are on light duties.

Rioli has slimmed down and shuey is in ripping condition.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Re: 2018 Pre Season

Postby BlueGoldnBeautiful on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:21 pm

New here. Just browsing mainly.

Wondering what people's expectations are for Naitanui this season? Was just reading an article about it. Or a blog I guess and thought its as good a way to intro myself to the forums.
BlueGoldnBeautiful
Rookie

Postby Mr Q on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:24 am

BlueGoldnBeautiful wrote:New here. Just browsing mainly.

Wondering what people's expectations are for Naitanui this season? Was just reading an article about it. Or a blog I guess and thought its as good a way to intro myself to the forums.

Welcome.

Expectations? I don't expect him to be the player he was in 2015/2016 after missing a season, but I would expect him to be a useful contributor. Probably about 80% of what he was when he went down, if he can stay injury free.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Mr Q wrote:
BlueGoldnBeautiful wrote:New here. Just browsing mainly.

Welcome.

Expectations? I don't expect him to be the player he was in 2015/2016 after missing a season, but I would expect him to be a useful contributor. Probably about 80% of what he was when he went down, if he can stay injury free.

Hi BGB.

One of NN's strengths has always been his ability to go to ground and fight it out with the midfielders. I don't expect this to be part of his game in the same way as before, too much risk to the knee. And how high will he risk jumping and how many packs will he jump into? It will be interesting but I don't have high expectations; and hope to be wrong.

Lycett on the other hand will be amazing.

Merry Christmas all.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby BlueGoldnBeautiful on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:34 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. I am already sick of the high expectations of some, but what annoys me even further is that now we have this guy who was a star, or at the very least a star in the making, who did things no other ruck was doing, and you get people downplaying his career.

Sorry for venting. It was really grinding my gears, Peter Griffin style.
BlueGoldnBeautiful
Rookie

Postby domo_the_eagle on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:11 pm

I have low expectationa for both of them. Both injury prone. Maybe 20 games between them
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Bodhi on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:36 am

I hope Nic sticks it to us and has a blinder of a season. There is no reason why he can't, yes he has had knee surgery, but if he is properly managed he could well play on for another few years. It looks like he has slimmed down a little so instead of going for brute force he might be improving his speed, endurance and agility. :roll: .
Bodhi
Regular

Postby DALBY on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:59 am

Welcome,

Nicnat will never return to his best IMO. Many ruckmen struggle after ACL's. Hope I'm wrong. I heard JK is not 100% fit now too. Going to be a long season.

I'm very interested to see how our young midfield go. Shuey has big shoes to fill leading the way by himself.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby BlueGoldnBeautiful on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:35 pm

DALBY wrote:Welcome,

Nicnat will never return to his best IMO. Many ruckmen struggle after ACL's. Hope I'm wrong. I heard JK is not 100% fit now too. Going to be a long season.

I'm very interested to see how our young midfield go. Shuey has big shoes to fill leading the way by himself.

I hope you're wrong too. I'm holding onto the fact that his layoff has been extensive and that he's had the extra time to get right, so that drop off ACL victims seem to have might be mitigated a bit.
BlueGoldnBeautiful
Rookie

Postby Fat Side on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:44 am

A long season?
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:47 am

Fat Side wrote:

A long season?

Hopefully very long. Ideally it should run for 26 weeks plus byes, with a victory in the final week.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:02 am

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast ... b88708844z

Good news. Let's hope true.

Yeo still struggling with his hip, is not so good news. Just waiting for the article to say he has had surgery and will miss half of the season.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 am

Kennedy still recovering also?

May take a while for both yeo and kennedy to get going. Just means others have an opportunity to step up.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:10 am

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-08/t ... ury-return

Two things I thought upon reading the above article.

REIGNING West Coast best and fairest Elliot Yeo remains uncertain of the timeline for his recovery from a hip injury, but is hopeful of being available for the AFLX next month.

Sounds like he might be out for the year.

while draftee Oscar Allen is recovering from a tibia issue the club was aware of before it picked him up.

I can't remember hearing this when we drafted him. I'm not concerned, just an interesting tidbit of information.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:35 am

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
while draftee Oscar Allen is recovering from a tibia issue the club was aware of before it picked him up.

I can't remember hearing this when we drafted him. I'm not concerned, just an interesting tidbit of information.

I heard about it somewhere not long after he was drafted that he would be on a revised program because of an injury the club was aware of. Can't for the life of me remember where.

Most of the draftees when they arrive are carrying one niggle or another that the club medicos find in their first checks.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Next

Return to West Coast Eagles