Game Focus

Round 22: West Coast v GWS

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Round 22: West Coast v GWS

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:05 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:That ump no. 22 is a maggot

Is that the one that pinged Shuey then refused to acknowledge that shuey existed when asking what for? I get it that umpires have to make a decision and stick to it, but at least give the player a response as to what for, don't need to get into a debate just actually state what he did.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:06 pm

This is starting to look familiar. We are in with a chance and we drop off.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:09 pm

Pinion King wrote:This is starting to look familiar. We are in with a chance and we drop off.

Very familiar. We don't seem to have that ability to go to that next gear other teams do.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:09 pm

WCE Booka 89 wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:That ump no. 22 is a maggot

Is that the one that pinged Shuey then refused to acknowledge that shuey existed when asking what for? I get it that umpires have to make a decision and stick to it, but at least give the player a response as to what for, don't need to get into a debate just actually state what he did.

Yep. Soft as fuck free.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:11 pm

WCE Booka 89 wrote:
Pinion King wrote:This is starting to look familiar. We are in with a chance and we drop off.

Very familiar. We don't seem to have that ability to go to that next gear other teams do.

I dont think we could have played any better than this, with the personnel we have.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Anyway we can entice Josh Kelly west?? Can't remember if he has a new contract yet.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Pinion King wrote:Anyway we can entice Josh Kelly west?? Can't remember if he has a new contract yet.

Has not resigned, but has got significant interest from Victorian clubs.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:20 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Anyway we can entice Josh Kelly west?? Can't remember if he has a new contract yet.

Has not resigned, but has got significant interest from Victorian clubs.

Doesn't hurt to have a poke, not roll over just because there is little chance. Throw something at him.

Anyway, same old story. In with a chance and throw it all away.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WestCoastAJ on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Did not think we would win anyway. Last quarter and no one stood up? wait, no way, surely that was not going to happen? but it was good to see players like Redden and Partington getting better. The crabs like Mckenzie and Hill have been exposed yet again Anyone see Darling? Quick kick it to Kennedy. Shot me in the head right now hahaha. All good still smiling.
Official 2015 EFH sponsor of Kane "I hate Carlton" Lucas
Official 2014 EFH sponsor of Sharod "The trampoliner" Wellingham
WestCoastAJ
Regular

Postby Fat Side on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Streaker wrote:
Fat Side wrote:FFS we never expected to win this game and we have got them playing our brand.

Not much point playing if you never expect to win.

It's okay, I'm not playing I just watch.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby mepowly on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:30 pm

We just don't have enough good players to keep pressure on the opposition. Our last 4 players drop off badly when it comes to ability. Each of the players that have been brought in over the last 3 weeks - Wellingham, Masten, Hill have had absolutely no impact. There is no depth in our list. There are about 15-17 players who are up for it and the rest could be let go and you wouldn't even notice they had gone.
mepowly
Regular

Postby Fat Side on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:31 pm

WestCoastAJ wrote:Did not think we would win anyway. Last quarter and no one stood up? wait, no way, surely that was not going to happen? but it was good to see players like Redden and Partington getting better. The crabs like Mckenzie and Hill have been exposed yet again Anyone see Darling? Quick kick it to Kennedy. Shot me in the head right now hahaha. All good still smiling.

Streaker wrote:Not much point playing if you never expect to win.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Hill & Jetta may as well not have bothered rocking up today. id be happy to see them delisted/traded at the end of the year.

Vardy just doesn't do enough around the ground, had 1 nice contested mark right on half time. I can see why we trialled Petrie as our only ruckman.

Kennedy is just a once in a generation forward, better than buddy. I hope he wins the coleman, then MAYBE he will get more recognition from the pricks over east.

With Gaff, I would trade him if an opportunity to get an explosive midfielder via the draft. He is Mr Reliable & he is durable but he's just a steady accumulator. Some of his decision making and skill execution under little pressure was left to be desired for an experienced player.

Shuey lacked discipline today, gave away easy free's and for our only explosive midfielder, does not do no where near enough with ball in hand.

Priddis was pretty good, cant fault him when he is playing in the position he made his name in. 2 goals as well.

Redden, gov, barrass, cripps, sheed, duggan all played reasonably well. Sheppard pretty good, 100% DE.

What is concerning is that shuey, sheed, jetta, partington, gaff, redden and duggan had a DE of low 60's to mid 70's.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:33 pm

WestCoastAJ wrote:The crabs like Mckenzie and Hill

Ah yes the cyber bullying continues. How courageous of you. :roll:
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Bring Rioli in for Hill and anyone else in for jetta next week.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles