West Coast v Melbourne
Game Focus

The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: The Everlasting Stadium Thread.

Postby Big_Davo on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Just jumped in and changed my tickets in the much despised Noteholder window.
The good news is that the system actually worked well. Obviously not using the same software as the ABS Census.
Big_Davo
Rookie

Postby HH on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:25 pm

We had the foresight to pay for the privilege to have the first right to pay for the best seats in the house.

I’m absolutely delighted with my new seats.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby wce1293 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:39 pm

And that will be the last benefit any of us get from being a Noteholder. No more priority Finals tickets and definitely no Guaranteed Grand Final tickets.

If you purchased A Reserve or above, then you get Priority 1 in the ballot, but that's still just a ballot... no guarantee.

Getting first pick at the new stadium is awesome, but hardly worth the $2500 we paid for three unsecured notes.
We were thinking of moving a few rows closer to the boundary to pay $720 instead of the $830 thinking we still had Noteholder advantage if we ever make it to a GF again. Not so.
Anyway, I'm pushing sh1t uphill trying to convince my husband to renew - he wants to just buy Gen Admission every home game. Our window to renew is open until Tues so if I can't convince him I'll be going to the footy on my own!

This is the email I got from the club:

"Thank you for your email.

The move to the new stadium has provided the club with an opportunity to review the structure of membership categories and their benefits.

As such, the club has brought the grand final priority benefit in line with the best reserved seat membership categories available at Perth Stadium, A Reserve and above.

Although unsecured notes do not specifically apply to Perth Stadium, the club has chosen to reward the loyalty and support of noteholders with an exclusive priority period for seats at Perth Stadium, including the first right of refusal on the best reserved seat memberships, ahead of all other members.

As a noteholder, you have been allocated the best available seats in A Reserve as your first option for membership. A Reserve memberships are entitled to priority 1 grand final access (should WCE be competing). Should you choose to move your seats to B Reserve or lower, the grand final guarantee will no longer apply.

Just to confirm the information above, you would still retain your Grand Final Priority 1 if you hold either an A Reserve, Club 87 or Blue and Gold Terrace membership. If you were to change to a B Reserve membership or lower membership category, your Grand Final Priority would change from a 1 to a 2.

Please be aware that priority access to home finals remains at the discretion of the AFL, who have indicated that this is likely to cease from 2018 and beyond.

Notes will still have worth as we have an extensive wait list of over 17,000 members (and growing!) who are desperately seeking to get seated membership with our Club. If you were to sell your notes with your seats, there will still be a high demand as it means that someone could buy those from you and jump the wait list so the notes haven't lost value."

best wishes blah blah blah...in other words pick your seat then piss off Noteholders.
wce1293
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:46 pm

wce1293 wrote:Please be aware that priority access to home finals remains at the discretion of the AFL, who have indicated that this is likely to cease from 2018 and beyond.

What does this mean? Note holders will not have priority access to home finals - starting next year - or that all members will no longer have priority access to home finals? No mention of this before...
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Big_Davo on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Obviously there won't be too much sympathy out there for Noteholders from the general membership - and that's fair enough.

We've flaunted our privilege over the years as we smugly strolled past the camped-out queues of unwashed members to cherry pick the best finals tickets.

We made the decision back in the noughties to spend up on notes for all of the family - but the outlay paid off in spades. Sharing the moment of the one point win in 06 as a family was worth every dollar.

So when the goalposts were moved this week and we were told we had to pay for A reserve tickets ($830 each vs $485 last year) to keep our Grand Final guarantee, I chose to opt out. The extra outlay per seat just isn't worth it. We figure we've climbed Everest by being there at a one point GF win (as well as a couple of losing Grannies that probably shouldn't be mentioned) and opting out will give four other people a crack if and when we make another one.

Then there's the issue of the scrap value of the notes but we'll wait for the dust to settle and maybe see if we can get rid of them at some stage in a fire sale.
Big_Davo
Rookie

Postby legal eagle on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Big_Davo wrote:Obviously there won't be too much sympathy out there for Noteholders from the general membership - and that's fair enough.

We've flaunted our privilege over the years as we smugly strolled past the camped-out queues of unwashed members to cherry pick the best finals tickets.

That's rubbish. I've sat in some appalling seats for finals at Premium price. No Noteholder advantage at all. Friends with ordinary memberships jagged far better seats (and good luck to them). It has always been a lottery.

Does anyone have any idea about how the height of each tier in the new stadium stacks up against Subi? I've looked at the virtual stadium but can't really judge. Where would the front of blocks 500+ be by comparison to different stands at Subi if that makes any sense?
2015 Sponsor of Murray "Hello" Newman
legal eagle
Veteran

Postby wce1293 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Big_Davo wrote:So when the goalposts were moved this week and we were told we had to pay for A reserve tickets ($830 each vs $485 last year) to keep our Grand Final guarantee, I chose to opt out. .

It can't be a Guarantee. I assume it's just priority in the ballot. How many A Reserve seats and above are there? There's no way the MCG gives competing clubs that many tickets.
wce1293
Veteran

Postby HH on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 pm

It all turns on whether priority access to finals tix (including the GF) is enshrined in the noteholder deed or not.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby legal eagle on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Am of the belief that the Note is tied to the membership NOT the stadium. Current advice from the Club is in direct contravention to what I was given several months ago.
legal eagle
Veteran

Postby HH on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 pm

legal eagle wrote:Am of the belief that the Note is tied to the membership NOT the stadium. Current advice from the Club is in direct contravention to what I was given several months ago.

So legal eagle if you really are bona fide to your namesake, surely you would cease relying on belief and start relying on a factual construction on what was contained in the noteholder deed?
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby legal eagle on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:52 am

HH wrote:
legal eagle wrote:Am of the belief that the Note is tied to the membership NOT the stadium. Current advice from the Club is in direct contravention to what I was given several months ago.

So legal eagle if you really are bona fide to your namesake, surely you would cease relying on belief and start relying on a factual construction on what was contained in the noteholder deed?

Never received a deed ... What does the covenant in the deed say? Furthermore statutory misleading and deceptive conduct trumps private contractual obligations every time.
legal eagle
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Feng Shuey wrote:
block 126 (NW pocket) Dockers $329, Eagles $720, more than half?? is that our race or something?

I found confirmation of our race in the Membership FAQs. It is as I suggested before, for the Field Club members.

Where is the West Coast Eagles race at Perth Stadium? What about the away team cheer squad?

The team will run out near the Field Club - section 117 - and run back in near block 114. The opposition cheer squad will be located at the eastern end of the ground.

You need Field Club membership ($9,150 for two) to experience the team running out, but section 114 is general $720 to $830 seats so you can share that with the FC members.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Big_Davo on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:41 pm

wce1293 wrote:It can't be a Guarantee. I assume it's just priority in the ballot. How many A Reserve seats and above are there? There's no way the MCG gives competing clubs that many tickets.

From the WCE email I received:

"As a noteholder, you have been allocated the best available seats in A Reserve at Perth Stadium. A Reserve memberships are entitled to priority 1 grand final access (should the West Coast Eagles be competing). Should you choose to move your seats to B Reserve or lower, the grand final guarantee will no longer apply."
Big_Davo
Rookie

Postby wce1293 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:00 am

Big_Davo wrote:
wce1293 wrote:It can't be a Guarantee. I assume it's just priority in the ballot. How many A Reserve seats and above are there? There's no way the MCG gives competing clubs that many tickets.

From the WCE email I received:

"As a noteholder, you have been allocated the best available seats in A Reserve at Perth Stadium. A Reserve memberships are entitled to priority 1 grand final access (should the West Coast Eagles be competing). Should you choose to move your seats to B Reserve or lower, the grand final guarantee will no longer apply."

That's what I'm questioning...it doesn't say "grand final TICKET guarantee". A reserve plus all the clubs (Stadium Club, Blue and Gold Terrace, Club 87) plus all the sponsors, staff, players families etc.... how many seats would that be? 20,000? Obviously not everyone goes to a Grand Final, but what if everyone did want a ticket? The AFL don't give competing clubs that many tickets.

I don't think we'll need to worry about all that for a few years anyway, I suppose I'm just still a bit ticked off that the Club made major changes to my Noteholder status and then didn't even inform me. I'm pretty sure a heap of Noteholders who didn't have Premium seats at Subi just secured their seats at the new stadium and didn't even realise there had been change. They'll find out next time we make a Final or Grand Final.
Until last year my son had a budget seat, if he hadn't chosen to move and sit with us this season, he would have renewed his budget seat thinking he still had his Noteholder status which would override the Priority 2 thing. Not very member-friendly...feels like a kick in the guts.
wce1293
Veteran

Postby Big_Davo on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:20 pm

wce1293 wrote: Obviously not everyone goes to a Grand Final, but what if everyone did want a ticket? The AFL don't give competing clubs that many tickets.

Yes, I see your point. I remember planning for the '05 Grand Final and making assumptions that a large number of members wouldn't make the trip. What I failed to factor in was that anyone who wanted to go would just source their barcodes from friends who weren't going. While camped out for tickets after the prelim, the thing that struck me was the flurry of activity of non-members in the queue to secure other people's barcodes.

So consider the increase in the number of eligible 'category 1' members as a result of these new rules and the supposed 'guarantee' won't add up.

I agree that we probably won't need to worry about it for a few years yet - but that will only increase the angst among genuine members if and when we make a rare GF appearance in the future and the ballot is oversubscribed - which it surely will be.

For me, I'm happy with my ticket 'downgrade'. I'll have legroom again after years of being a sardine in the three tier stand and the money I'll save annually should well and truly cover the cost of a GF package (complete with a ticket guarantee and probably an after game function thrown in).
Big_Davo
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles