Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Have you seen WCE not at subi,

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Have you seen WCE not at subi,

Postby tim93au on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:51 pm

whats it like with the crowd and all, but unuassal i guess. Ive seen WB v Coll at the "G" and thats all. WCE at subi as well of course.
Gallagher - "And after alllllll, Your my wonder-wallllllll" - OASIS
tim93au
Rookie

Postby tarz_009 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:20 pm

Went to the Collingwood vs Eagles game at the Dome last year. Was weird and kinda scary being in the minority. How can I desribe their fans....umm yeah definately feral! Also sucked that we lost that game, my first at another stadium to Subi.
Beau Waters for Captain!
tarz_009
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby stadiumking on Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 pm

I've been to one WCE game at Subiaco. Being in the minority is the norm.
Sometimes I just crave being part of a big, noisy, bandwagon crowd. Especially when I see waves of supporters from measley clubs like Hawthorn and St Kilda rise as one behind their goals when one is kicked, and hear a huge roar spread across the ground.
Then sometimes when an Eagles goal is kicked, there is hardly a sound to be heard.
But our support in Melbourne at least, has grown significantly in the last two seasons.
***Mitch Brown. Proudly brought to you by Nathan Bassett***
stadiumking
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby KRAL on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:47 am

i have never been to a west coast game at subi, ever.

i am used to being in the minority but i must say that there has been a huge difference in the amount of blue and gold i have been seeing at games since only about five or so years ago, and they can't all be bandwagoners.

i do love it when you're at a game with a loud hostile crowd then one of the boys does something brilliant and the crowd goes dead silent.
KRAL
KRAL
Veteran

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:03 am

We generally try to go to at least one interstate game a year, usually a game at Telstra Dome mid year. We went to the Collingwood game last year that Tarz went to, I was expecting a lot worse at the end of the game but i guess they were pretty happy with the win.

Collingwood game a couple of years before i had a scarf rubbed in my face by a female collingwood supporter, had beer spilled on us at the Kangaroos game the year before last. and we are going to the essendon game at the dome this year.

I generally like the interstate games as we are usually sitting amoungst other WCE supporters and i go with a largish group of family and friends. The atmosphere walking through melbourne to the game is always good and i enjoy being part of the minority for a change.
"Do the chickens have large talons?" - Napoleon Dynamite
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

Postby Mikeal on Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:59 pm

Yeps, vs Sydney in 2005 at SCG and the big one vs Sydney at MCG 2006. ;)
Mikeal
Rookie

Postby Bluey17 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:28 pm

I've been to West Coast V Essendon semi final at the G in 96 (game that should have been at subi) 86,000 and one of the most intimidating crowds ive been in, horrible day.

Then in 2000 I went to West coast v Geelong at the cattery, damn that was a feral crowd got so much abuse especially after they smashed us. And also Vs Melbourne at the dome which wasn't as bad.

Eagles v kangaroos at the dome last year was another good game, nice to see us win in melbourne. Been to both the grand finals, 2005 one of the crappiest days of my life not only we lost but the knobs around us and our seats, one year later in 2006 and it was the complete opposite best day of my life in the middle of the eagle army.
Bluey17
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:35 am

Went to the 05 and 06 grand finals as well.

Like you said Bluey 05 was one of the worst days, went straight back to my hotel room and stayed there all night got room service and watched movies whilst the group i went with went partying (drowning sorrows) i couldn't face going out.

and a year later 06 was one of the best but in missed going out to celebrate because i had to fly back straight after the game as my wife was due to give birth that day. Baby didn't end up coming for another 11 days so i could have stayed to party...oh, well.
"Do the chickens have large talons?" - Napoleon Dynamite
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

Postby infiltrator on Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:26 pm

stadiumking wrote:Especially when I see waves of supporters from measley clubs like Hawthorn and St Kilda rise as one behind their goals when one is kicked, and hear a huge roar spread across the ground

Absolutely - the way the noise spreads across different parts of the ground is one of the things you really notice at the bigger stadiums over here in Melb - you can occasionally get the same thing at Subi (eg. when Cousins kicked the goal that put us in front against Carlton last year, the noise came first from the old 2-tier stand that was right behind him and could see the line of his kick, before it spread to the rest of the ground) but that sort of phenomenon is a lot more typical and noticeable at the MCG
infiltrator
Veteran

Postby eagles4life4eva on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:53 pm

TD, MCG and Optus I have seen the Eagles and also Waverley
eagles4life4eva
Rookie

Postby Lynchy! on Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:57 am

Only the once (St Kilda at Telstra Dome last season).

We won, so it made the weekend and trip even better, and certainly worth while.
Lynchy!
Regular

Postby throwtheglove on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:26 pm

Well i've seen them outside of subi if you count the grandie last year? I certainly count it :lol: Best day of my life!!!
throwtheglove
Rookie

Postby cheese on Fri May 11, 2007 12:35 pm

Biggest difference of note is the roar when the opposition score . Sit with fellow Eagles and you feel right at home .
Luke THE OTHER FOOT Shuey
cheese
EFH Legend

well

Postby rosa_24 on Tue May 22, 2007 7:44 pm

i attended the 91 grand final at waverly park then in 06 i attended the eagles bomber game at the dome and the 06 grand final behind the goals part of the banner crew on the ground before the game best feeling in the world and have still to today not watched the grand final again and i prolly never will.
Matty Rosa wat a CHAMPION. The boy from Warracknmbeal. Now a man at WCE. So proud
rosa_24
Regular

Re: Have you seen WCE not at subi,

Postby gdvogel on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:14 pm

I have seen West Coast play at the WACA, Waverley, the MCG, Telstra Dome, the SCG and Telstra Stadium (Sydney). I always love the atmosphere at Subiaco and always try and go when ever I return to Perth. The SCG is a crap football ground but my favourite is the MCG especially at Grand Final time.
gdvogel
Regular

Next

Return to Travelling Eagles