Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2007 - AFL Grand Final Packages

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Postby Crazy Dazz on Wed May 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Sico 17 wrote:You would have to be a die hard to pay $2K on top of airfares and accomodation.
$2,100 each! Worth every cent to watch the boys go back to back!
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Re: AFL Grand Final Packages

Postby Worsfold on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:10 am

Jet to play at the Grand final and at the after party in Centre Square - now at Punt Road Oval.
http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/N ... wsId=46127
Worsfold
Retired

Postby Sico 17 on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:28 am

Worsfold (the poster not the man) sent me this package while I was on holidays. I have only just remembered to put it in here.

No tickets to the game but an 11 day bus drive to Melbourne and back for the game including some tours. The nightly accommodation is camping under the stars and the accommodation in Melbourne is in a 5-star............caravan park. All included for $2K.

http://www.crikey-adventure-tours.com/afl-grand-final.html?gclid=CPCynvTF1YwCFQzDYgodxBzwtQ
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby gravy on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:53 pm

I've decided I want to go to the GF this year.

I have full Freo membership, but I'm going to take my girlfriend who barely knows what AFL is. What are the chances of getting her a ticket? And given the fact that clubs on sell their allocations these days, what are the chances of us getting two public admission tickets?
gravy
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Worsfold on Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:16 pm

gravy wrote:I've decided I want to go to the GF this year.

I have full Freo membership, but I'm going to take my girlfriend who barely knows what AFL is. What are the chances of getting her a ticket? And given the fact that clubs on sell their allocations these days, what are the chances of us getting two public admission tickets?

Mates of mine last year got 4 tickets from a scalper 2 mins before bounce down @ $140 each (bastards)
But to gaurantee a ticket you have to buy a package.
Worsfold
Retired

Postby gravy on Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:50 pm

I thought as much.

It sucks because I've always wanted to go to one no matter who is playing, but it is so out of reach and not worth it if you're not a fan of either of the two teams.

I wanted to get down to the 2004 GF in the hope I'd see history in action, but I wasn't organised enough. In many ways it was fortunate as I didn't have to witness Port win the flag live.

It seems if I don't go now, the chances of going as a neutral fan some point in the future are even smaller.
gravy
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Sico 17 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:33 pm

I would ring all the Melbourne clubs. You might get a cheap ticket/breakfast package but I think most will have sold out.

Otherwise scalpers, ebay or paying the kids who sell the Football Records $50 is the only way to get in.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Rev on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:02 pm

You can still fly Jetstar to Geelong (Avalon) for $900 leaving Thursday, returning Monday.
http://www.jetstar.com/index.php

There were plenty of people outside the ground last year looking for tickets, I dunno what their success rate might've been but I believe there were quite a few watching the big screen at Punt Road. Big gamble really.
Rev
Regular

Postby wce1293 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:56 pm

gravy wrote:I've decided I want to go to the GF this year.

Find someone who is an afl member who doesn't want to go to GF. They get priority purchase.
I think clubs on-sell to travel agents- they don't go back into the public admission pool, so you'd have to try and get a package. Otherwise find members of the clubs who you think might make it who don't want to go to GF and use their memberships to register for GF tickets (covers your bases - whichever two teams get in you're likely to be registed with at least one) WCE register only costs $5 (I think dockers had the same system last year). I'm a WCE noteholder and still only JUST got tickets last year (behind the goals which i was shitty about but in the end i didn't care :D ) Good Luck.
wce1293
Veteran

Postby Worsfold on Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:59 am

For all those who booked through travel and Sports your documentation will be ready for pick up from tomorrow 20th September.
Worsfold
Retired

Previous

Return to Travelling Eagles