Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2007 - AFL Grand Final Packages

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

2007 - AFL Grand Final Packages

Postby Sico 17 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:20 am

If you are a confident fan or if you feel like going to the Grand Final no matter who is playing some of the packages are starting to be released.

Travel & Sports Australia - Standard Package
-Return economy airfares (Perth-Melbourne)
-Two night's accommodation (28-29 September)
-Standard reserved seat & entry to the MCG for the 2007 AFL Grand Final
-WCE Grand Final Function (inc. food, beverages, entertainment and more)
From $2784
Link - Click Here

Travel & Sports Australia - Premium Package
-Return economy airfares (Perth-Melbourne)
-Two night's accommodation (28-29 September)
-Premium reserved seat & entry to the MCG for the 2007 AFL Grand Final
-Exclusive AFL Centre Square Hospitality package including pre-game hospitality with quality food and beverages plus The Final Siren post game party featuring LIVE of Australia's leading concert bands.
From $3234
Link - Click Here

Fraser Management Group - AFLPA Grand Final Lunch: Premium Package
- No flights included
- Prime Reserved Seats at the MCG for the 2007 AFL Grand Final
- Seats at the AFLPA Grand Final Lunch at Zinc Restaurant in Federation Square. Includes AFL Current/Past Player panel discussion, audio-visual highlights of AFL Football & exclusive AFL memorabilia auction.
- 2007 AFL Grand Final Souvenir Record for each guest
- Gourmet chef prepared meal
- A selection of ales, premium red & white wines, sparkling wine, spirits, juices and soft drinks served throughout the luncheon
Price to be confirmed (this one will not be cheap)
Link - Click Here
Link includes lunch schedule and menu.

MBM - Channel 9 AFL Grand Final Breakfast Show: Premium Package
- No flights included
- Reserved Corporate Viewing Seats to the AFL Grand Final at the MCG on Saturday 30th September, 2006.
- Your choice of Standard, Prime or Premium seating.
- Allocated dining seats within the function (private tables available for groups of 10) including chef prepared breakfast brunch, souvenir Grand Final Edition Record, world-class live entertainment & coach transfers to the MCG.
- Football Panels hosted by Gary Lyon and James Brayshaw featuring stars of The Footy Show and Sunday Footy Show.
Go to the link for price details
Link - Click Here

Australian Sports Tours - Hawthorn Football Club AFL Grand Final Package
- No flights included
- Two (2) nights accommodation staying at the hotel of your choice Breakfast daily
- Reserved seat to the 2007 Toyota AFL Grand Final
- Membership to the AST Members Travel Club
- Reserved seating ticket to the official Grand Final function of your choice (See details below)

Grand Final Eve Ball - Crown Palladium - 28th September 2007
- Food provided
- Beverages throughout evening
- First class entertainment
Grand Final Day Brunch - Rod Laver Arena - 29th September 2007
- Entry and reserved seat to the Hawthorn Football Club Grand Final Brunch
- Exquisite chef prepared three course meal
- A selection of premium ales, wine and soft drink
- A range of entertainment including guest speakers, comedians, live music and special performances
- MC and black tie water service
- Complimentary AFL record

From $2220
Link - Click Here

If you find anymore on line packages let me know and I will add to the list.
Last edited by Sico 17 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Sico 17 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:57 am

Interesting the price difference from last year. I found a brochure on the 2006 Grand Final and the standard package was from $2284. Thats a 22% increase in 12 months.

I wonder if it is profit taking or increase maket pressures because now fans of two teams in Perth are after GF packages.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:42 am

OR the fact that everyone in WA has money burning holes in their pockets due to the resources driven economic boom??!?!?!?!

As some people think. :wink:
"Do the chickens have large talons?" - Napoleon Dynamite
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

Postby Worsfold on Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:15 am

I think its to do with how late the packages are
they only went on sale in the last fortnight and Flights are $1500 each already.
I placed a deposit on my premium package yesterday and was told that the boss maybe playing at the after party - bonus
Worsfold
Retired

Postby Sico 17 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:47 am

I have just added a new package from FMG to the first post. It is a Premium type package (includes the AFL Players Association Lunch) and probably not for everyone. It will be expensive and no flights included.

Probably will suit someone who is working/retired and will go to the Grand Final no matter who is playing, especially if you think you will only go to one. If you are going because you have always said you wanted to why not make the most of the day.

Most of the agencies say new packages are coming out soon so I will post them as I find them.

Worsfold wrote:Flights are $1500 each already

Yep, Qantas flights are already running out for that weekend.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Kerrific on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:35 am

Anyone know if any other packages have been released? Me and my mate are thinking of going no matter who is in it, as we have never been before. And I''m guessing they won't get cheaper as the year goes on, so may as well just book soon while they still available. So yeah if people know of any other packages could you please post a link. Thanks.

Oh and are tickets available on their own? Or they gotta be bought in packages?
Kerrific
Regular

Postby throwtheglove on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:30 pm

Wow packages seem kinda... overpriced? Last year we did it on our own (no package) and we got flights for 2 people and 6 nights accomodation for under $2000. But it was prolly so cheap coz we booked 3 months in advance... and plus we had to go through the process of actually getting tickets when they went on sale but that wasnt really that hard...
throwtheglove
Rookie

Postby throwtheglove on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:34 pm

Kerrific wrote:Anyone know if any other packages have been released? Me and my mate are thinking of going no matter who is in it, as we have never been before. And I''m guessing they won't get cheaper as the year goes on, so may as well just book soon while they still available. So yeah if people know of any other packages could you please post a link. Thanks.

Oh and are tickets available on their own? Or they gotta be bought in packages?

Yep you can buy tickets on their own. If you organise it all yourself (without a package) then you have to go through the process of trying to get a ticket... if your an eagles member and eagles get in (which they will, i can feel it haha) you should be fine. If you get a package though, a lot of them include a reserved seat at the game so you dont have to go through that whole process.

I'd recommend going no matter who gets in... you'll have an awesome time. It was my first time in melb last year but the city is so exciting during grand final week!! Grand final parade is awesome, not to mention grand final night 8)
throwtheglove
Rookie

Postby Crazy Dazz on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:22 pm

Sico 17 wrote:I have just added a new package from FMG to the first post. It is a Premium type package (includes the AFL Players Association Lunch) and probably not for everyone. It will be expensive and no flights included.
These packages are $1,700 each, up from $1,400 last year. The venue is nice, on the banks of the Yarra, but the food was shit, and the "premium ales" is Carlton Draught.
The seats were pretty good, within the first few rows.
This year we have gone for the "Premium packages" which are $2,100 and feature in ground dining at the G and "premium seats" in the 2nd tier.

It will be worth every dollar to watch the boys go B2B.
(Arrogant? Contemptuous? Must be an Eagles’ supporter!)

BTW: Watch out for another attempt to organise a charter flight!
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby kellzzbellzz on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:38 pm

So how would you go about getting tickets without a package? My daughter has a competition in Sydney around the same time and I am thinking of maybe taking my son to see the comp but spending time in Melb beforehand & the GF would be an amazing plus to the trip.
kellzzbellzz
Rookie

Postby Crazy Dazz on Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:30 pm

kellzzbellzz wrote:So how would you go about getting tickets without a package? My daughter has a competition in Sydney around the same time and I am thinking of maybe taking my son to see the comp but spending time in Melb beforehand & the GF would be an amazing plus to the trip.
Put simply, you can't.
When the teams have qualified for the GF, competing club gets a swag of tickets. I can't remember exactly how many, maybe 20,000, anyone way less than the number of members.
You have to be a seated member of the Eagles, get onto the waiting list when they open it up (usually the week before) and be in the first 20,000 or so.
EVERY clubs gets a small allocation of tickets, these almost always go to officials, sponsors, and a lot are sold for the PACKAGES. AFL members get a swag, as do MCC members. I think there are some tickets made available to the general public, but they’re probably mostly standing room.
If you are members, then you probably have a 50|50 chance or better.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby throwtheglove on Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:53 pm

The ticketing allocation shits me to tears. Last year they allocated f*ck all tickets to eagles members, instead giving them all to sponsors & people who most likely dont care who wins the game, just want to go along and drink :evil:
throwtheglove
Rookie

Postby Worsfold on Tue May 01, 2007 12:17 pm

Heres a video I was sent from travel and sports on the centre square package

http://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/wh_afl ... e_2007.wmv
Worsfold
Retired

Postby Sico 17 on Tue May 01, 2007 12:35 pm

You would have to be a die hard to pay $2K on top of airfares and accomodation.

kellzzbellzz wrote:So how would you go about getting tickets without a package? My daughter has a competition in Sydney around the same time and I am thinking of maybe taking my son to see the comp but spending time in Melb beforehand & the GF would be an amazing plus to the trip.

Every club gets 1000 tickets to sell at the start of the year. A few years ago the best way to get tickets was to become a member of a Victorian team that had not many members and no chance of making the finals (Bulldogs, Hawthorn). They would allow their members to buy a ticket to the GF on its own.

Now all the clubs have started GF breakfasts to make a bit of extra money so to get tickets off them you have to pay an extra $150 for two pieces of bacon and a fried tomato. Or some teams have given most of their allocation to travel agents who sell them as packages and they split the profits.

For teams playing in the GF there is 20K tickets available and they are split according to the number of members each team has. The last two years we have been lucky to play Sydney who have a small amount of members so we got a larger % of that 20K (better hope we don't play Adelaide this year, while it will be an easy win they have more members than we do). The cut off to be a member that has rights to a GF ticket is around the split round (round 13).
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Worsfold on Tue May 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Sico 17 wrote:You would have to be a die hard to pay $2K on top of airfares and accomodation.

Yes especially when you have to pay for the other half as well, throw in a couple of extra nights at 5 star hotel and it adds up to over 8K - very die hard.
Worsfold
Retired

Next

Return to Travelling Eagles