Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Boeing 747-300 Jumbo

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Boeing 747-300 Jumbo

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:33 pm

There appears to be daily Qantas flights between Sydney and Perth using the Boeing 747-300 if at all possible these are the best flights to get if you can.

The leg room feels a bit bigger but the best bit is the individual entertainment unit like they have on international flights.

You get a personal screen and can chose from a selection of movies or play computer games, pretty cool.

I managed to snag a couple of flights from Melbourne this year, one on my way back from the GF and another that we got a frequent flyer upgrade to business class - that was way cool, business class is upstairs and is definitely bigger and better than standard domestic business class.

Best advice i can give for flights over east - Try to snag one of the 747-300s.

I have managed to get upgraded business class flights back from Sydney for the Round One game. :D

Haven't seen any 747s doing the Melbourne connection yet but still looking, hoping to get over for the Essendon jacket waving game at Telstra Dome
"Do the chickens have large talons?" - Napoleon Dynamite
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

Postby Sico 17 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:33 am

I actually try and stay away from the 747-300. Sure you get all the mod cons that come with it but I find it gets affected by turbulence more. Especially going over the coast along the Great Australian Bight. Don't know if I have been unlucky but the flight I had coming back from the GF was the worst flight I have ever been on.

As I said it is just personal experience and there may normally be no difference.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:22 am

Yeah, I haven't noticed the turbulence that but I don't really pay much attention.

Could have something to do with the extra height of the plane, or something like that.

I will keep an eye out next time.
"Do the chickens have large talons?" - Napoleon Dynamite
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

Postby Lana on Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:17 am

It's OK until you land in Sydney and have to wait for over an hour for an airbridge big enough to fit the plane..
Lana
Regular

Return to Travelling Eagles