Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2007 - Telstra Dome - Melbourne

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Re: Telstra Dome - Melbourne

Postby cammania on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:57 am

theres a krispy kreme store on the other side of southern cross station people. exit onto spencer street, walk down collins i think and its there. only found it when i was actually going somewhere else, but stil, it aint far from the dome/train station
cammania
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Chug13 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:40 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me here, but I looked to see if I could buy tickets to the St Kilda match, and the ticketmaster link on the first page is returning no tickets available. I've already booked and paid for flights so it would be a disaster if we can' get tickets... surely it can't be sold out yet?!
Chug13
Regular

Postby jaxster on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Chug13 wrote:I'm hoping someone can help me here, but I looked to see if I could buy tickets to the St Kilda match, and the ticketmaster link on the first page is returning no tickets available. I've already booked and paid for flights so it would be a disaster if we can' get tickets... surely it can't be sold out yet?!

Certainly wouldn't be sold out. Maybe the Ticketmaster website is having another brain fade :?

For information : The following reserved seat areas have been made available to Victorian West Coast members. If you ring Ticketmaster you may be able to buy a reserved seat in this area as well. Although, as a general rule if you buy a reserve seat to an Eagles Game in Melbourne you generally end up sitting in an area with a good smattering of Eagles Supporters in any case as the "Home" team members sit together in there own seats.

Round 17: Western Bulldogs v West Coast, Friday, July 27, 2007, 7.40pm
Level One Between Aisles 5/6 and Between Aisles 4/5

Round 19: Kangaroos v West Coast, Sunday, August 12, 2007, 1.10pm
Level One Between Aisles 5/6 and Between Aisles 4/5

Round 21: St Kilda v West Coast, Friday, August 24, 2007, 7.40pm
Level One Between Aisles 4/5 and Between Aisles 3/ 4
Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of Government.
jaxster
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Sico 17 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:45 pm

Chug13 wrote:I'm hoping someone can help me here, but I looked to see if I could buy tickets to the St Kilda match, and the ticketmaster link on the first page is returning no tickets available. I've already booked and paid for flights so it would be a disaster if we can' get tickets... surely it can't be sold out yet?!

That is interesting, it is the link for the game but no tickets available. Have you been trying for a while or was this the first time? Ring them and see if it is just the computers stuffing up.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Max Power on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:06 pm

Sico 17 wrote:

That is interesting, it is the link for the game but no tickets available. Have you been trying for a while or was this the first time? Ring them and see if it is just the computers stuffing up.

Wouldnt've thought tickets would be available this early. Isn't it usually a fortnight beforehand or is that just for at Subi?
Max Power
EFH Legend

Postby Sico 17 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:19 pm

butler26 wrote:Wouldnt've thought tickets would be available this early. Isn't it usually a fortnight beforehand or is that just for at Subi?

I got tickets to some games over the long weekend in Melbourne a couple of months before the games so I think they should be available. Maybe they release more two weeks before the game.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Max Power on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:50 pm

Sico 17 wrote:
butler26 wrote:Wouldnt've thought tickets would be available this early. Isn't it usually a fortnight beforehand or is that just for at Subi?

I got tickets to some games over the long weekend in Melbourne a couple of months before the games so I think they should be available. Maybe they release more two weeks before the game.

Interesting. It must be just because at Subi there are so few tickets available each game for the public. Probably just a ticketmaster screw up.
Max Power
EFH Legend

Postby Chug13 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:54 am

butler26 wrote:
Sico 17 wrote:

Wouldnt've thought tickets would be available this early. Isn't it usually a fortnight beforehand or is that just for at Subi?

Thats what I thought also....

After further investigation yesterday it seems that the GA tickets haven't gone on sale yet, and nor have member tickets (Club / AFL) - whatever that means. The tickets available through the link on the front page however seems to suggest it being sold out ?! Wierd.

So it seems I haven't wasted $600 on the airfare at least...
Chug13
Regular

Postby Max Power on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:55 am

Chug13 wrote:So it seems I haven't wasted $600 on the airfare at least...

No matter what happens you'll get into the ground. No chance of a sellout really and at very, very least there is standing room.
Max Power
EFH Legend

Postby jaxster on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:40 pm

Reserved seat sales for all Melbourne games started back in March - so yes they should be available now. AFL / Club member tickets (ie for Victorian Eagles Members) have also been on sale for quite some time - I already have my ticket in my hot little hand.

General Admission tickets don't go on sale until much closer to the event - this is for seating on Level 3 and they generally wait until closer to the game. If the game starts to look like a sellout or reaches a certain trigger, then it becomes a "ticket only" event. In this case, there is no General Admission (sit anywhere) entry and you must reserve a seat. This normally only happens to Essendon games played at the Dome.

There is definitely still good reserved seating available right now on Level 1 $41.25 a seat

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/13003D81A5DD7EE6?artistid=1055617&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=711
Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of Government.
jaxster
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Chug13 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:42 am

Thanks for the help peeps, I rang ticketmaster up and grabbed a couple of aisle seats off aisle 44 (seems its right on the 50) on Level 1 - about half way back.

Stoked :D
Chug13
Regular

Postby Matt B on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:39 pm

Hi all,
Heading over for the Saints game - is the Novotel still the place top meet up pre/post game???
Matt B
Rookie

Postby Sico 17 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:59 pm

There will be Eagles fans in every pub between the Novotel and the Telstra Dome. A lot of people stay at the Novotel and have drinks before and after the game but I find it too expensive.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Lynchy! on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:44 pm

Matt B wrote:Hi all,
Heading over for the Saints game - is the Novotel still the place top meet up pre/post game???

Hell yeah it is!!! Join us all for a few drinks before the game.

P.S. Thank you Travel & Sports Australia, for making that first drink a free one too! :)
Lynchy!
Regular

Re: 2007 - Telstra Dome - Melbourne

Postby wce1293 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Can someone help me with the seating at Telstra Dome? I got seats in level 1 Aisle 12 Row T. Is aisle 12 in the same postion in all three levels just one behind the other? The ticketmaster map only shows the aisle numbers at the top of level 3. I have been there before but was so excited I didn't bother to check all that out!! Thanks if anyone can understand what I'm asking.
wce1293
Veteran

Previous

Return to Travelling Eagles