Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2007 - Telstra Dome - Melbourne

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Postby Sico 17 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:09 am

Lynchy! wrote:Myself and 3 friends are booking to go to the St Kilda Friday Night Football game in Round 21.

If any other EFH people are going, I hope to have a drink with you all at the Novotel prior to the game (where Travel and Sports Australia's coach picks you up from).

I wouldn't worry about catching the bus to TD. It will only take you 30-40 minutes to walk straight down Collins St. Walking to the ground, where ever they are playing is great to soak up the atmosphere.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:44 am

Sico 17 wrote:
Lynchy! wrote:Myself and 3 friends are booking to go to the St Kilda Friday Night Football game in Round 21.

If any other EFH people are going, I hope to have a drink with you all at the Novotel prior to the game (where Travel and Sports Australia's coach picks you up from).

I wouldn't worry about catching the bus to TD. It will only take you 30-40 minutes to walk straight down Collins St. Walking to the ground, where ever they are playing is great to soak up the atmosphere.

Yeah always good walking to the game for the atmosphere but if you can't be bothered the tram is also good for a bit
"Do the chickens have large talons?" - Napoleon Dynamite
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

Postby KTBEAR on Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:53 am

Sico 17 wrote:
KTBEAR wrote:An alternate spot for rendezvous/post match celebrations is the Charles Dickens Tavern, located downstairs in the Block Arcade (right next to the Novotel Hotel in Collins St). Its just a pub but it has food 7 days a week, a reputation for sport, the owner loves Eagles fans and the drinks are cheaper than the Novotel. 24 hr licence is good too!

I have never seen that and I have stayed at the Novotel a few times. Is it on the Elizabeth St side of the arcade or the Collins St side? Might have a look before/after the Essendon game.

Charles Dickens Tavern - 290 Collins Street.
Turn right on Collins out of the Novotel. Walk past the Collins St entrance to Block Arcade. Before you reach Elizabeth St there is another, dead end arcade on your right. It looks like it goes nowhere but there are stairs on the right going down to the Dickens (basement level). Back entrance from Block Arcade also (near Haighs).
Supporting the Eagles since 1987 - in Victoria since '92
KTBEAR
Rookie

Postby Lynchy! on Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Sico 17 wrote:

I think you guys physically over-estimate my level of fitness!!! :P

A few quiet ones at the Novotel, then a coach trip to the ground will be just fine thank you!

Seriously though, I can't wait to make the trip, as one of the guys who's heading over has his birthday that weekend, so it'll be a good double celebration that weekend.
Lynchy!
Regular

Postby mysterio on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:25 am

When over in Melb for GF, we walked everywhere but made a bad choice when we thought we would walk to SEN offices in Richmond..... we were told it wasnt far from the G.

Took us just under an hour to walk there. Bad choice. :(
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby eagles4life4eva on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:51 pm

I will be going to the Essendon game :)
eagles4life4eva
Rookie

Postby juddy03 on Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:23 pm

mysterio wrote:When over in Melb for GF, we walked everywhere but made a bad choice when we thought we would walk to SEN offices in Richmond..... we were told it wasnt far from the G.

Took us just under an hour to walk there. Bad choice. :(

should have jumped on the Glen Waverley line to Burnley ;) much quicker
2006 Eagles Premiership, I'd like to see that - We DID see that

Now for '07

#1 ticketholder of the Matty Rosa fan club
juddy03
Regular

Re: Telstra Dome - Melbourne

Postby Sico 17 on Tue May 29, 2007 12:33 pm

I picked up my tickets for the Essendon game yesterday, can't wait for that game, the other 4 games I am going to, the shopping and Krispy Kreme donuts.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Max Power on Thu May 31, 2007 4:27 pm

Sico 17 wrote:I picked up my tickets for the Essendon game yesterday, can't wait for that game, the other 4 games I am going to, the shopping and Krispy Kreme donuts.

Ah, so they haven't invaded Perth yet?

They were the hottest property on the market for a month or so back when they were first brought to Melbourne. People driving an hour out of town at midnight and lining up at that hour for donuts. Haven't heard a word of them for months since!
Max Power
EFH Legend

Postby Sico 17 on Thu May 31, 2007 6:10 pm

butler26 wrote:
Sico 17 wrote:I picked up my tickets for the Essendon game yesterday, can't wait for that game, the other 4 games I am going to, the shopping and Krispy Kreme donuts.

They were the hottest property on the market for a month or so back when they were first brought to Melbourne. People driving an hour out of town at midnight and lining up at that hour for donuts. Haven't heard a word of them for months since!

They were in Melbourne when I went to the Geelong game last year. Best donuts I have ever eaten and I have eaten a few. It was funny walking through the airport and seeing people carrying 4 x dozen boxes of donuts onto planes.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby mysterio on Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:04 pm

Sico 17 wrote:
butler26 wrote:

They were in Melbourne when I went to the Geelong game last year. Best donuts I have ever eaten and I have eaten a few. It was funny walking through the airport and seeing people carrying 4 x dozen boxes of donuts onto planes.

Where can you buy these donuts in Melb, will have to get some when im in Melb in the next few weeks.

Remind me of when we went to MovieWorld on Gold Coast and they had these type of donuts on a stick called Churrio's and they were expensive at $3 a pop but we went all round MovieWorld looking for these donuts and my brother followed round the guy with the Churrio cart who was selling them.

My brother went back to MovieWorld a second time just to get Churrio's
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eliot Mess on Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:18 pm

mysterio wrote:Remind me of when we went to MovieWorld on Gold Coast and they had these type of donuts on a stick called Churrio's

It's a spanish donut: "one churro, please....no, make that eleven churros, please." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churro)
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Sico 17 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:25 am

mysterio wrote:Where can you buy these donuts in Melb, will have to get some when im in Melb in the next few weeks.

http://www.krispykreme.com.au/stores/?State=VIC

There is a menu of the donuts there as well. As the person serving me last time said "don't waste your time ordering less than a dozen".
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby chicky_fanatic on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:36 pm

Sico 17 wrote:
mysterio wrote:Where can you buy these donuts in Melb, will have to get some when im in Melb in the next few weeks.

There is a menu of the donuts there as well. As the person serving me last time said "don't waste your time ordering less than a dozen".

mmm, krispy kremes!! and churros too! :D so looking forward to heading over east and getting my fill of krispy kremes. is there a little krispy kreme cart at melbourne airport to stock up on your way home, like at the sydney airports? that's awesome, i'm one of those people walking through the airport juggling boxes of krispy kremes :lol: and i'll be doing that again on the way home, since i'll be going home via sydney after a few days stopover for work

oh, and i'm also very much looking forward to seeing the eagles in action against the bombers too, its not all about the krispy kremes :)
chicky_fanatic
Veteran

Postby mysterio on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:47 am

chicky_fanatic wrote:
Sico 17 wrote:

mmm, krispy kremes!! and churros too! :D so looking forward to heading over east and getting my fill of krispy kremes. is there a little krispy kreme cart at melbourne airport to stock up on your way home, like at the sydney airports? that's awesome, i'm one of those people walking through the airport juggling boxes of krispy kremes :lol: and i'll be doing that again on the way home, since i'll be going home via sydney after a few days stopover for work

oh, and i'm also very much looking forward to seeing the eagles in action against the bombers too, its not all about the krispy kremes :)

Well i did manage to get myself some krispy kreme donuts. Have to say very nice donuts esp Caramel Cookie. I was on the look out for the stores in Melb but actually searched the entire Telstra Dome when i went to the Roos/Saints match. Finally tracked down a chick who was wheeling the cart round.

Few days before i left i relized there was a KK store just down the road from where i stayed, the store in the UnderGround food court in the Melb Central Shopping Centre. Stocked up there before i left.
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Travelling Eagles