Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2007 - Telstra Stadium - Sydney

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Postby Sico 17 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:38 pm

So who went to the game in Sydney? Any recommendations for Hotels, transport to the ground, things to do.....
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby brett on Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:12 am

Well, I would recommend the train over the bus I think - they made a mess of the traffic light timings to get out of the precinct and all the buses sat there for a long, long time. The trains are much more efficient after the game. You can't really go wrong staying in the city, http://www.wotif.com.au is always the best way to find somewhere cheap. Just make sure you are as close to the water as you can get, and not far from a station.
brett
Veteran

Postby eagles_fan on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:32 am

brett wrote:Well, I would recommend the train over the bus I think - they made a mess of the traffic light timings to get out of the precinct and all the buses sat there for a long, long time. The trains are much more efficient after the game. You can't really go wrong staying in the city, http://www.wotif.com.au is always the best way to find somewhere cheap. Just make sure you are as close to the water as you can get, and not far from a station.

Hahaha the good old sydney public transport system! Ive heard its crap and this reinforces it from a bus POV :lol:
Were flying high!
eagles_fan
EFH Legend

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:59 am

Traffic out to the ground is a mess, we hired a bus to take us to the game took us an hour or so.

Stayed back after the game to have drinks and let the traffic die down which made the return trip a lot better.

I reckon the train would def be the best mode of transport out to Telstra
"Do the chickens have large talons?" - Napoleon Dynamite
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

Previous

Return to Travelling Eagles