Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2007 - Telstra Stadium - Sydney

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

2007 - Telstra Stadium - Sydney

Postby Sico 17 on Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:48 pm

Telstra Stadium - Sydney, New South Wales

Games played here in 2007
Round 1 vs Sydney - Saturday, Mar 31 (Night) 7:10 pm

Buy Tickets
Tickets to Sydney game
Ticketek
Telstra Stadium Seating Plan

Accommodation
IBIS World Square, Pitt St
Nice clean hotel in the centre of the city only 15 minutes from Darling Harbour.

Novotel and Hotel Ibis Sydney Olympic Park
This hotel is right across the road from Telstra Stadium. It is an expensive 4 ? star hotel so the facilities are pretty good. There is not much to do before or after the game in the area around it but if you hate crowds this will be the place to stay.

Packages
Travel and Sports Australia - Sydney Package
Travel and Sports Australia is West Coast Eagles official travel agency. I use these guys all the time and they have always been great

Getting to the ground
Telstra Stadium, also known as Olympic Stadium or Stadium Australia is located in Homebush which is 17km west of Sydney. The best way to get to the ground is by rail
Getting to the ground by rail
Getting to the ground by bus
Getting to the ground by ferry

Maps
Sydney City Map
Last edited by Sico 17 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:57 am

Our chrissy gift from work was to fly the 10 of us and our partners to Sydney for the Round 1 GF replay.

We will only be there for a few nights so was looking for some suggestions for things to do and places to drink.

We will more than likely be staying in Double Bay, have only been there once before with the work crew for the Sydney v WCE final in 2004 so would love some suggestions if anyone could help.
"Do the chickens have large talons?" - Napoleon Dynamite
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

Postby Worsfold on Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:42 pm

WCE domin8 05 wrote:Our chrissy gift from work was to fly the 10 of us and our partners to Sydney for the Round 1 GF replay.

We will only be there for a few nights so was looking for some suggestions for things to do and places to drink.

We will more than likely be staying in Double Bay, have only been there once before with the work crew for the Sydney v WCE final in 2004 so would love some suggestions if anyone could help.

The Rocks and of course Kings Cross - don't worry the women love it

Have a great time
Worsfold
Retired

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:56 pm

Cheers mate, how far from Double Bay are they?
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

sydney

Postby Worsfold on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:05 pm

double Bay would only be 5km out of CBD. The rocks is just about under the bridge and kings cross would be closer to double bay.

How is sydney stadium as I was thinking of booking for the first game, just to see WC beat SYD as we both travelled to the GF last year but were without tickets. will be booking early for this year even though it will be costly.
Worsfold
Retired

Re: sydney

Postby EAGLESNIPER on Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Worsfold wrote:double Bay would only be 5km out of CBD. The rocks is just about under the bridge and kings cross would be closer to double bay.

How is sydney stadium as I was thinking of booking for the first game, just to see WC beat SYD as we both travelled to the GF last year but were without tickets. will be booking early for this year even though it will be costly.

Apparently pretty good for viewing, and is easy to get in/out and move around etc. The only drama is it quite a distance from Sydney CBD, but, hey, who cares, as long as we beat those crabs at their home ground...I'll be there with the family...a huge road trip....
REBUILDING THE TEAM IN 2015!!!! GO EAGS!!!
EAGLESNIPER
Veteran

Location: Somewhere in the 3tier, waiting for any of the dodgy maggots so I can even things up a little......

Re: sydney

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:21 am

Worsfold wrote:double Bay would only be 5km out of CBD. The rocks is just about under the bridge and kings cross would be closer to double bay.

Cheers Woosh.

Have only been once to an afl game and it was quite good, although we were in a box. Have also been for a preseason gridiron game before the olympics with a different set up. we sat a bit higher and found it also quite easy to see the ground.

Only problem was the distance, took us about an hour or more to get there and was like peak hour traffic getting out. Caught a train to the NFL game which was quite easy and it stops closer than where we were able to park
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

Postby Worsfold on Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:35 pm

Thanks guys I will make sure we allow enough time for the travelling.

I will be so happy to smash sydney, and I would not be suprised if they actualy missed the final after their disapointment last year it would only take a couple of injuries.

See you there
Worsfold
Retired

Postby WCE domin8 05 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:30 pm

We have just booked a couple of boxes for the game, i'm getting so excited can't wait to unveil my premiership guernsey. It is remaining in pristine condition until i sweat in it and spill copious amounts of free beer on it on the 31st of March
WCE domin8 05
Veteran

Postby Worsfold on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:01 pm

WCE domin8 05 wrote:We have just booked a couple of boxes for the game, i'm getting so excited can't wait to unveil my premiership guernsey. It is remaining in pristine condition until i sweat in it and spill copious amounts of free beer on it on the 31st of March

Any chance of an invite ????
Worsfold
Retired

Postby LPP on Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:18 am

WCE domin8 05 wrote:Our chrissy gift from work was to fly the 10 of us and our partners to Sydney for the Round 1 GF replay.

"Camel" started a thread in the General Board about 2 - 3 months ago asking for sightseeing suggestions for Sydney. I think there were a couple of good replies in there if you want to do a search. I can't remember the name of the thread though.

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.eaglesflyinghigh.com/viewtop ... ght=sydney
LPP
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby kobeh on Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:12 pm

Just wondering does anyone know how much a taxi would be from TS to the airport?
kobeh
Regular

Postby brett on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:57 pm

Taxi would be between $50-80 I reckon. Public transport is the way to go, the bus and train system there is awesome, very quick and efficient, it's really the only way to go - although I reckon its the best way to go in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth for the footy.
brett
Veteran

Postby kobeh on Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:16 pm

i dont wanna catch the train by myself after the game. too scared :S
kobeh
Regular

Postby DoctorB on Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:24 pm

brett wrote:Taxi would be between $50-80 I reckon. Public transport is the way to go, the bus and train system there is awesome, very quick and efficient, it's really the only way to go - although I reckon its the best way to go in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth for the footy.

Are you sure you were in Sydney, and not back in Perth?

Flights and tickets booked, now all I need to do is decide which pub to go to before the game.
Batman and the West Coast Eagles - A Winning Combination
DoctorB
Regular

Next

Return to Travelling Eagles