Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus



Skywest

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Skywest

Postby Crazy Dazz on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:23 am

For our fourth Premiership, I'll get in early and look at chartering an airbus!

See you in Melbourne!
Last edited by Crazy Dazz on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:15 am, edited 7 times in total.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Postby Bombus on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:34 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_RJ

Specifications (BAe 146-200)
General characteristics
Crew: 4 with 2 flight attendants
Capacity: 85-100 passengers
Lecras: Better than a Nutella crepe
User avatar
Bombus
Veteran
 
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:14 pm

Postby russ on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:36 am

sounds like one of them crazy trapeziod schemes to me
1999... The End of an Era
2000.... The Forgotten Days
2001.... The Lowest Ebb
2002.... A New Hope
2003.... The Climb begins
2004.... Rediscovering Strength
2005.... The Dawn of Greatness
2006.... Premiership Glory
2007.... Try as we Might..
2008.... A New Breed
User avatar
russ
Regular
 
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Block 319

Postby Crazy Dazz on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:42 am

Bombus wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_RJ

Capacity: 85-100 passengers
Yeah, that would be on "United Pigmy Airlines."
Their BAe 146 carry only 71 passengers, their Avro RJ (upgraded version of same aircarft) carry 83.
and we get THREE Hosties!
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Postby GoTheRoos on Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:20 pm

I didn't think NJS flew from Perth to Melbourne direct with a 146...seems like it would be beyond the range of the bird.
Image
User avatar
GoTheRoos
Veteran
 
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:34 pm

Re: NOT A SCAM: - GF Flight to Melbourne

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:24 pm

Ok, Some people think this is a SCAM

I can't blame you for being sceptical, however we are doing whatever possible to satisfy people.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Once we have booked the flight, people can phone National Jet themselves to confirm they’re on the flight.
We will issue receipts for all moneys. You can pay the deposit either into our bank account, or deliver it.
You can pay the balance of your ticket money direct to National Jet.
Another member, "GGFC" with a Real Estate Agency in Perth, has agreed to collect and hold the deposits.


If any other regulars want to get involved in organising this, please let me know.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Postby GGFC on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:38 pm

GoTheRoos wrote:I didn't think NJS flew from Perth to Melbourne direct with a 146...seems like it would be beyond the range of the bird.


It doesn't. We have a scheduled fuel stop at Kalgoorlie.
PREMIERS
1992, 1994, 2006
GGFC
Regular
 
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Fremantle (Enemy Territory)

Postby HH on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:58 pm

Sorry, but I find it quite ironic to put your faith in a random internet dude called "Crazy Dazz"! :lol:
User avatar
HH
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:39 pm
Location: Captain’s Club

Postby GoTheRoos on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:17 pm

GGFC wrote:
GoTheRoos wrote:I didn't think NJS flew from Perth to Melbourne direct with a 146...seems like it would be beyond the range of the bird.


It doesn't. We have a scheduled fuel stop at Kalgoorlie.


He changed the post since I wrote that...
Image
User avatar
GoTheRoos
Veteran
 
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:34 pm

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:44 pm

GoTheRoos wrote:
GGFC wrote:
GoTheRoos wrote:I didn't think NJS flew from Perth to Melbourne direct with a 146...seems like it would be beyond the range of the bird.


It doesn't. We have a scheduled fuel stop at Kalgoorlie.


He changed the post since I wrote that...

The flight to Melbourne is DIRECT NON-STOP
(Thanks to the "Jet Stream")
On the way BACK, we have to refuel at Kal.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:45 pm

HH wrote:Sorry, but I find it quite ironic to put your faith in a random internet dude called "Crazy Dazz"! :lol:
Just be thankful I'm not FLYING the plane!
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Postby Bluey17 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:09 pm

Just saw it on the news, its all legit. Was that you on the news Crazy Dazz, with the beard?
User avatar
Bluey17
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:06 pm

Postby GoTheRoos on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:17 pm

Crazy Dazz wrote:
GoTheRoos wrote:
GGFC wrote:
GoTheRoos wrote:I didn't think NJS flew from Perth to Melbourne direct with a 146...seems like it would be beyond the range of the bird.


It doesn't. We have a scheduled fuel stop at Kalgoorlie.


He changed the post since I wrote that...

The flight to Melbourne is DIRECT NON-STOP
(Thanks to the "Jet Stream")
On the way BACK, we have to refuel at Kal.


Yeh you're alright dude, I didn't think you were lying or anything, just flying that distance in that plane confused me. But I asked the 146 captain I have contact with (who actually flies for NJS), and he said something along the lines of "At this time of year at 24,000 ft there's generally an 80 knot tailwind flowing to the eastern seaboard, so you can get about an extra 400nm range".

So that was all it was, I didn't factor in a tailwind assistance of that scale, and of course the headwinds of the same scale on the way back force the refuelling stop :P

He also said there was already a plane booked on the roster? Unless that is another group.
Image
User avatar
GoTheRoos
Veteran
 
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:34 pm

Postby Crazy Dazz on Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:05 am

Bluey17 wrote:Just saw it on the news, its all legit. Was that you on the news Crazy Dazz, with the beard?
No, that wasn't me.
I had heard that Chennel 7 was going to have on someone who was chartering THREE planes.
I don't KNOW but I'm assuming he's chartering smaller propellor aircarft.

Ours is the flight being spruiked by 6PR and by WCE!
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:18 pm

Postby HH on Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:19 am

Crazy Dazz wrote:
Bluey17 wrote:Just saw it on the news, its all legit. Was that you on the news Crazy Dazz, with the beard?
No, that wasn't me.
I had heard that Chennel 7 was going to have on someone who was chartering THREE planes.
I don't KNOW but I'm assuming he's chartering smaller propellor aircarft.

Ours is the flight being spruiked by 6PR and by WCE!


Yep I also saw the various charters on the news. Not that the boys needed any additional incentive to try to make the GF!!!
User avatar
HH
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:39 pm
Location: Captain’s Club

Next

Return to Travelling Eagles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest