Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2015 Trips

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

2015 Trips

Postby HH on Tue May 12, 2015 9:46 pm

Heading across to Melbourne for the Saints game. Catching up with some mates who are ex-Perth but now living in Melbourne.

I'm regretting not taking the punt and going to Adelaide for the Port game!

Hopefully we'll consolidate that great win with victories over the Suns this weekend and then the Saints when I'm there. Other than for the 2006 premiership, I've never seen the Eagles win in person in Melbourne. So I'm hoping this trip will be different.
HH
EFH Hall of Fame

Re: 2015 Trips

Postby Pinion King on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:57 pm

I'm heading over for the Richmond game through one of those packages the Eagles offer. Flights, accommodation, MCG Executive suite for the game.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby wce1293 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:41 am

Anyone thinking quietly about the GF this year? (By quietly, I mean not getting ahead of ourselves, just pondering the idea.
If by some miracle the Eagles make it I'm going. I have free accommodation this year so will pay whatever I have to for flights. I imagine Virgin will put more flights on. We're noteholders so have guaranteed GF tickets if the Eagles make it.

From past experience I want to fly over Friday and come home Sunday. Seen the parade so don't need to sit through that again. When we won in 2006 we were stuck in Melbourne for four days while everyone was celebrating with the team back in Perth. Melbourne had forgotten the AFL by about 6pm the same day because 1. The Eagles won and 2. Melbourne Storm(?) were in a final of some sort. I would however stay in Melbourne for the week after if the dockers beat us because I'm a really bad sport when it comes to them :evil: (my boss wouldn't be happy but I put my happiness ahead of his)
wce1293
Veteran

Postby couldabeen on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi All , Anyone looking for cheap and friendly accommodation for GF week, let me know I may be able to help.We are close to the city and public transport.
couldabeen
Rookie

Postby wce1293 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:09 pm

I know we're not in it yet......but if we do win next weekend and get a spot in the Grand Final, it's going to be a mad rush for a lot of people organizing transport etc to Melbourne. Best to have a contingency plan in place.

If anyone hears of any shared cars/vans driving over, cheapish flights, new flights put on by any airline or charter flights, put it in here.

Horizons West (bus services) have an expression of interest registration. No other details regarding days/times/cost but it could interest someone.

I'm hoping if the dockers don't make it there will be a heap of cancelled flights which the airlines may resell around $1000 return. We managed to get reasonably priced flights after prelims in 2005 and 2006 when Qantas put on extra flights which is why we didn't book ahead this year.
wce1293
Veteran

Postby Pinion King on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:00 pm

I haven't booked yet either.

I am thinking of flying to Adelaide and going by coach or train to where I am staying in Ballarat.

All depends on flights.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Return to Travelling Eagles