Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2012 Trips

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Re: 2012 Trips

Postby Tonka on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:22 am

Hi all. I'm off to Melbourne for a few days at the end of July and it looks like i'll be there for the Bombers/Hawks game at the Dome on Friday night. However, there doesn't seem to be any tickets available for it. Do more tickets become available leading up to the game, or am i just shit out of luck?
Tonka
Veteran

Postby hendo1963 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Tonka wrote:Hi all. I'm off to Melbourne for a few days at the end of July and it looks like i'll be there for the Bombers/Hawks game at the Dome on Friday night. However, there doesn't seem to be any tickets available for it. Do more tickets become available leading up to the game, or am i just shit out of luck?

I would say your shit out of luck, probably should have been scheduled for the MCG, as both clubs have a big following.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Tonka on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:35 pm

hendo1963 wrote:
Tonka wrote:Hi all. I'm off to Melbourne for a few days at the end of July and it looks like i'll be there for the Bombers/Hawks game at the Dome on Friday night. However, there doesn't seem to be any tickets available for it. Do more tickets become available leading up to the game, or am i just shit out of luck?

I would say your shit out of luck, probably should have been scheduled for the MCG, as both clubs have a big following.

Yeah i was trying to think why they scheduled this at the Dome.. Do the clubs offer seats from time to time for the resale program? And if so, do they just automatically become available from Ticketmaster?
Tonka
Veteran

Postby wce1293 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:19 am

We're going over to Melbourne for the Eagles/ Hawthorn game (last round) . Ticketek is only offering seats behind the goals. We're prepared to pay whatever to get good seats in the middle of the ground . Has anyone ever had any luck just walking up on the day and getting decent seats at the MCG?
wce1293
Veteran

Postby Clarke Markx Goalz on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:06 pm

wce1293 wrote:We're going over to Melbourne for the Eagles/ Hawthorn game (last round) . Ticketek is only offering seats behind the goals. We're prepared to pay whatever to get good seats in the middle of the ground . Has anyone ever had any luck just walking up on the day and getting decent seats at the MCG?

Yes, but depends what you want, against a team with less supporters, say Melbourne you can get up to the fence with a General Admission ticket. You should contact the melbourne westcoast eagles member services. Or trying calling ticketek and talking to a real person.
I usually just go great southern stand level 4 behind the goals, that's were i went for the Pies game and the view is amazing. Capacity of 100,000 (Minus MCC members) and had about 63000 for the pies so there will be plenty of seats.
Interesting to see the numbers,
2008 round 14 Hawks v Eagles 29000 at the MCG, eagles smashed. best on ground, J Roughead, 2: D Kerr, 1: T Croad
2006 round 14 Hawthorn v West Coast 22000 at the MCG 104-114, eagles win, best on ground, Q Lynch, C Judd and S, Mitchell.

Not big crowds, but this one means more to both teams compared to those days.
2011 Official Sponsor of the Father-son and the Jacob Brennan.
2011 EFH Dreamteam minor premier.
2012 Sponsor of Josh 'the man, the Hero' Kennedy.
Clarke Markx Goalz
Veteran

Previous

Return to Travelling Eagles