Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2011 Trips

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

2011 Trips

Postby Hawkeye on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:08 pm

Going to the St Kilda vs West Coast match in July at Etihad stadium. Haven't been to this venue before in the past. I was wondering if its best to buy tickets beforehand or just rock up to the game? I like to be elevated, so don't want the boundary seats if you know what I mean. Any suggestions? cheers in advance
moderation in everything.....except for the Blue and Gold

"I don't think it's necessarily a big part of football. I think that's a big part of life and a big part of team and a big part of family. When you need to step up to a challenge, you rise to that challenge."
- Beau Waters
Hawkeye
Veteran

Re: 2011 Trips

Postby Sico 17 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:58 am

Tickets go on sale on the Monday two weeks before the game. I usually get them then so you get to choose where you want to sit and there is enough time for them to be mailed to you back in WA.

You can get them on the night, the lines don't take long. Plus usually you watch the game in your own seats for the first quarter then move to where ever you want after that. At Etihad it doesn't really matter though, they are great seats where ever you sit. Even standing room behind the lower level is a great place to watch the game.

I am going to the same game but luckily have succoured some seats in the Medallion Club, don't have any idea where the seats are though.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby jaxster on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:16 am

Reserved seats for ALL our Melbourne games have been on sale since before the season started. Etihad through Ticketmaster and MCG through TIcketek. They each divert to the other if you try the wrong anyway.

For St Kilda v Eagles.
There is only limited Level Two seats behind the goals in Aisle 27. They are around $57 each.
Level one seats are around the 50m arc in Aisle 44 and are $45.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/venueartist/303717/1055617?artistid=1055617&minorcatid=711&date=2011-7-16
Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of Government.
jaxster
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Sico 17 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:19 am

Is this year the first they released all the tickets from the start of the year?
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Schwayne on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:30 am

Heading down to Melbourne this weekend with a few of the lads from footy to run a muck.

Going to catch the Hawks Cats game and the Queens Birthday game... Should be sloptacular!
West Coast Eagles Premiers 1992 1994 2006
Subiaco Lions Premiers 1912 1913 1915 1924 1973 1986 1988 2004 2006 2007 2008
Schwayne
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby jaxster on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 am

Sico 17 wrote:Is this year the first they released all the tickets from the start of the year?

No , have been for some time. It's only the General admission that they wait until two weeks before so they can tell what blocks to release. Also things like AFL members they wait for the same reason. I bought alot of tickets for non Eagles games back in March /April

It's one of the reasons they will never shift a game from Etihad to the MCG e en if it becomes a huge game.
Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of Government.
jaxster
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Hawkeye on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Thanks for the responses
moderation in everything.....except for the Blue and Gold

"I don't think it's necessarily a big part of football. I think that's a big part of life and a big part of team and a big part of family. When you need to step up to a challenge, you rise to that challenge."
- Beau Waters
Hawkeye
Veteran

Postby hendo1963 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 am

Jetstar currently have a sale on, Perth to Melbourne, $97 each way.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby mysterio on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Can anyone reccomend any cafes/places that do a good breakfast in the CBD area??

Went on some website with breakfast reviews but all the places on there were all fancy crap and all im after is just a decent serving of good ol bacon and eggs, sausages and hash browns....

I know there are heaps throughout the city area but does anyone have any favourites you care to reccomend!
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Sico 17 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:45 pm

mysterio wrote:Can anyone reccomend any cafes/places that do a good breakfast in the CBD area??

If you like a greasy hangover buster breakfast then Swanston St Walk does a great breakfast. Spruikers out the front will drag you in.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Streaker on Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:54 pm

mysterio wrote:Can anyone reccomend any cafes/places that do a good breakfast in the CBD area??

Went on some website with breakfast reviews but all the places on there were all fancy crap and all im after is just a decent serving of good ol bacon and eggs, sausages and hash browns....

I know there are heaps throughout the city area but does anyone have any favourites you care to reccomend!

Place near the Australia Post building in Bourke street is great.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby bono on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:44 pm

I was in Melbourne for the Carlton vs Eagles game. It was my first trip and i loved it, its the 2nd best city in the world behind Perth.

We had breaky at a few places but by far the best was the AIX Cafe Creperie Salon. I didnt have bacon and eggs but the food there is great and they make a great coffee.

I have to recommend Hardware lane (runs between londsdale street and little bourke street). There are heaps of restaurants all have got the spruikers out the front to lure you in. The one stand out was POP restaurant. The food was brilliant and by far the best food we had on our whole trip, and sooooo cheap for what you get. We managed to negotiate 2 free drinks each and a free tapas tasting plate.

Cant wait to get back there next year.
bono
Regular

Postby 89er on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:54 pm

When in Melbourne for the footy I go to the plaza at the Sofitel Hotel and ANZ towers on Collins St near Spring St.
89er
Veteran

Postby mysterio on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:56 pm

Sico 17 wrote:

If you like a greasy hangover buster breakfast then Swanston St Walk does a great breakfast. Spruikers out the front will drag you in.

Went there every day for breakfast :lol: ..... Love this place as everytime i go over have always gone there for lunch/tea but was put off by having breakfast there as one time i went there for breaky..... the sausage wasn't too flash. But went there every day for breakfast and got "The Big One" ( eggs, bacon, hash brown, tomatoes, extra bacon ..... as didnt get sausage and glass of OJ) all for $10..... the guys that work there are good guys too and up for a yarn and a laugh..... besides from having breaky and quite a few tea's at Swanston ..... went to Lygon St and went to my fav restuarant there Papa Gino's.

Everyone i speak to have like me said when they go to Lygon St they have a fav restuarant and its always Papa Gino's. Also went to an Italian restuarants out of the city somewhat called Sofia ..... will try and post pics up in next few days.... meals there are amazing!
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Sico 17 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I am another that does Breakfast at the Swanston St Walk and Dinner at Papa Gino's. My only complaint about Papa Gino's is the Chicken Parmigiana is far too big for me to fit in an entree of Ravioli Carbonara beforehand.

Been going to Papa Gino's since the night WCE won the Grand Final in 1992 and they gave a free bottle of wine to all WCE supporters.
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Next

Return to Travelling Eagles