Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Your 2010 Trips?

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Your 2010 Trips?

Postby eagles_fan on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Please post in here if you plan on travelling over east for a game or two this season or for those of you already over east whether you plan on coming to any games @ Subi etc.
Were flying high!
eagles_fan
EFH Legend

Re: Your 2010 Trips?

Postby jourgo on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:33 pm

I reckon this might be the year that I do the trip to Melbourne for a weekend of footy. Only problem is my knowledge of Melbourne is not that good, as whenever I've been there before, I've been pretty much chauffeur-driven around and put up in hotels around various parts of the city at the company's expense.

So a travelling partner who knows their way around would be handy...
jourgo
EFH Legend

Postby coro on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm hoping to attend my first match at Subiaco against Geelong in round 11. I've never even been to Perth/WA. If all goes to plan i will be in town for 5 days.
I see your Tom Swift and raise you a Lord Happy Cat
coro
Regular

Postby hendo1963 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Did Collingwood at the G in 2008,100 point loss,last year went to Melbourne at the G,Jimmy Stynes comes out in the week leading up to the game and says he has cancer,Eagles lose again.
Might stay home this year. :)
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby twistedkelly on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 pm

^^^^ WAS at the collingwood game and was biterly disapointed, still ahve the photo of the scoreboard
twistedkelly
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:02 pm

i'm hoping to go see the wce play in melb this year, maybe RD 14 V collingwood or RD 16 V essendon
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby jaxster on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Sadly, I have to miss the Brisbane trip this year. I think last year is the only time I have seen a losing game there, so the Gabba has pretty fond memories for me. But I have Sydney and Adelaide (Port) locked in already. And three Perth trips locked in, Hawthorn , Adelaide and Brisbane. I may even sneek over for the North Melbourne game at the last minute if I can squeeze a shift change. Does Geelong count as a trip from Melbourne ?

Gotta keep the freq flyer points up somehow. :D
Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of Government.
jaxster
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Morsey on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 am

As in Melbourne now, will be goin to Sydney in Round 4 (flights booked and only cost me $55, up and back same day :D )

Also goin to Footy Park for the Bogans game in Round 20..

For the home games looks like me and me Doggies mate will be coming over for the Round 13 game (DOGS on the Sunday Arvo)
BEAU WATERS = THE MAN THE LEGEND!

FREO DOCKERS - DOING NOTHING SINCE 1995 ;)

WEST COAST EAGLES
Premiers 1992 1994 2006

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve9iSHYcm24
Morsey
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby mysterio on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Will be going over at some stage, just have to decide which round.

Will either be game against Richmond, Essendon or Collingwood
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby boose on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:29 pm

jourgo wrote:I reckon this might be the year that I do the trip to Melbourne for a weekend of footy. Only problem is my knowledge of Melbourne is not that good, as whenever I've been there before, I've been pretty much chauffeur-driven around and put up in hotels around various parts of the city at the company's expense.

heaps of easy transport in melbourne so its not that hard to get around without a car. How far in advance can you purchase footy tickets online?
Matching cheap fares to the games is something to consider
Not a lover of gardening
boose
Rookie

Postby DoctorB on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Going to try and get to Brisbane for round one, and if the travel gods are smiling on me, I should get to the shifting surface for the Collingwood match. By the way, how bad did that field look after AC/DC?
Batman and the West Coast Eagles - A Winning Combination
DoctorB
Regular

Postby fordy on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:50 am

boose wrote:
jourgo wrote:I reckon this might be the year that I do the trip to Melbourne for a weekend of footy. Only problem is my knowledge of Melbourne is not that good, as whenever I've been there before, I've been pretty much chauffeur-driven around and put up in hotels around various parts of the city at the company's expense.

heaps of easy transport in melbourne so its not that hard to get around without a car. How far in advance can you purchase footy tickets online?
Matching cheap fares to the games is something to consider

For Eagles H&A games in Melb it's probably not necessary to buy game tickets in advance, I would have thought ... maybe good insurance, but if it's anything like Subi games, you can only get them a couple of weeks in advance.
fordy
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby hendo1963 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:32 pm

fordy wrote:For Eagles H&A games in Melb it's probably not necessary to buy game tickets in advance, I would have thought ... maybe good insurance, but if it's anything like Subi games, you can only get them a couple of weeks in advance.

I am pretty sure reserved seats for games in Melbourne go on sale 3 or 4 months before the game,(got front row seats last year for Collingwood v Essendon),and most games involving the Eagles would be walk up on the day,but Collingwood,Carlton or Essendon at Etihad,I would recommend reserved seating.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Lynch Beast on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Going to see the Blues vs West Coast game at the end of May while visiting family in Melbourne.

Paid for 5 reserved seats + parking at the TD this morning :shock:
Lynch Beast
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby cheese on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Morsey wrote:As in Melbourne now, will be goin to Sydney in Round 4 (flights booked and only cost me $55, up and back same day :D )

You should go in round 5 that way you get to see the Eagles play :twisted: .If you are there for the april 24th game we should catch up.
Luke THE OTHER FOOT Shuey
cheese
EFH Legend

Next

Return to Travelling Eagles