Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2009 - Melbourne

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Re: 2009 - Melbourne

Postby DanielKerr4 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:40 pm

mysterio wrote:Has anyone ever sat in 3rd tier at Ethihad Stadium, right up the back??? I ask as upon reading on here i relized about the Geelong v St Kilda game. There are tickets available up the back (restricted viewing.... which im guessing is the scaffold beams on the roof on the staduim which restricts your view.)

Didnt know whether to give them a go if,although restricted still not overally bad or whether to get standing room tickets (does anyone know where the standing room section is too?)

The dome is great for viewing football. I don;t think there is any blindspots at all to be honest. Up the back in the 3rd tier is pretty high but not as high as the MCG or i'm guessing even Subiaco for that matter. Even if you buy tickets for up there if you don't mind standing you can just stand on the first level and see most of the game from there anyway without having to go all the way up. But if you are with family i'd take the seats. Obviously it comes down to how much you actually want to see the game and also how much they want to charge you for them, i'm tipping as it is basically a sell out and has now been announced that it will be live on TV in Melbourne (which NEVER happens), they will be charging a fair bit. I wouldn't pay more than $25 for an adult (They are usually $19 general admission for those seats).
Proud Eagle
Proud Liverpudlian
Proud Englishman
DanielKerr4
Veteran

Postby Royals on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:16 pm

DanielKerr4 wrote:
mysterio wrote:Has anyone ever sat in 3rd tier at Ethihad Stadium, right up the back??? I ask as upon reading on here i relized about the Geelong v St Kilda game. There are tickets available up the back (restricted viewing.... which im guessing is the scaffold beams on the roof on the staduim which restricts your view.)

Didnt know whether to give them a go if,although restricted still not overally bad or whether to get standing room tickets (does anyone know where the standing room section is too?)

The dome is great for viewing football. I don;t think there is any blindspots at all to be honest. Up the back in the 3rd tier is pretty high but not as high as the MCG or i'm guessing even Subiaco for that matter. Even if you buy tickets for up there if you don't mind standing you can just stand on the first level and see most of the game from there anyway without having to go all the way up. But if you are with family i'd take the seats. Obviously it comes down to how much you actually want to see the game and also how much they want to charge you for them, i'm tipping as it is basically a sell out and has now been announced that it will be live on TV in Melbourne (which NEVER happens), they will be charging a fair bit. I wouldn't pay more than $25 for an adult (They are usually $19 general admission for those seats).

Was in 3rd tier row X which is the back row for the Geelong Vs Essendon game ....... the ticket said restricted viewing and it was restricted you saw about 85% of oval ..missing a small strip down the side ( i think it might have been the side of the TV screen the blocked the view)
Royals
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby mysterio on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:03 pm

Royals wrote:
DanielKerr4 wrote:

Was in 3rd tier row X which is the back row for the Geelong Vs Essendon game ....... the ticket said restricted viewing and it was restricted you saw about 85% of oval ..missing a small strip down the side ( i think it might have been the side of the TV screen the blocked the view)

Cheers.... i went to grab restricted view tickets few days back and were sold out so got standing room tickets for $15.... Anyone know where abouts are the standing room areas at Ethihad
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:10 pm

mysterio wrote:Cheers.... i went to grab restricted view tickets few days back and were sold out so got standing room tickets for $15.... Anyone know where abouts are the standing room areas at Ethihad

Outside.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby hendo1963 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:11 am

Who else is heading over for Nic Nat's debut on the big stage,the ground where he will one day win a Norm Smith medal? :D :D
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby tarz_009 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:33 am

hendo1963 wrote:Who else is heading over for Nic Nat's debut on the big stage,the ground where he will one day win a Norm Smith medal? :D :D

Me! :D
Beau Waters for Captain!
tarz_009
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby coro on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 pm

i'll be going, but i live in melbourne
I see your Tom Swift and raise you a Lord Happy Cat
coro
Regular

Postby GrantleyBuffalo on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:01 pm

coro wrote:i'll be going, but i live in melbourne

I'll probably* be there, but I live in Geelong. :D

*I just need to convince myself that I am NOT a jinx, and that my attendance has no bearing on the result...
Sincerest apologies if the above post didn't meet all criteria or lift the thread to an upper echelon of awesomeness.
GrantleyBuffalo
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Be Aggressive on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:09 pm

I'm going! Can't wait.

I really need some recommendations for restaurants and bars - I want to get a bit reckless this weekend. Pity there's no good gigs in Melbourne this week.

Also going to the Saints/Geelong game. Should be a great weekend.
Be Aggressive
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby cheese on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:20 pm

mysterio wrote: Anyone know where abouts are the standing room areas at Ethihad
I think they are immeadiatly behind the last row of the 1st tier . Good spot really with ease of access to anything you need ( dunny drink food ) .
Luke THE OTHER FOOT Shuey
cheese
EFH Legend

Postby mysterio on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:19 am

hendo1963 wrote:Who else is heading over for Nic Nat's debut on the big stage,the ground where he will one day win a Norm Smith medal? :D :D

Il be there too

Have already been to

Essendon/Carlton match where was 80,000
EJ Whitten Match tonight
Essendon/Collingwood on Friday night
West Coast v Melb
St Kilda v Geelong

Im also going to State Under 18's carnival at Etihad Stadium tomorrow.... think entry is free.... should be good!
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby hendo1963 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:30 am

Training at the Junction oval at 2.00pm this Friday.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby pilot89 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:27 am

Sorry guys dont have the time to read the whole thread..but im going to watch the WCE v melbourne game on the weekend at the G...whats the best seating i can get??

p.s Im guessing it wont be a very crowded game..is it possible to get a crap seat, and then move to a better won during the game..or is the G a lot more strict ?? :?
pilot89
Delisted

Postby Olly on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:37 am

pilot89 wrote:Sorry guys dont have the time to read the whole thread..but im going to watch the WCE v melbourne game on the weekend at the G...whats the best seating i can get??

p.s Im guessing it wont be a very crowded game..is it possible to get a crap seat, and then move to a better won during the game..or is the G a lot more strict ?? :?

Just buy general admission for about 10 bucks at the gate and sit anywhere you want (except for member areas). It's not like Subi :)
Official Sponsor of Will Schofield for 2009.
Get in there Schoey!
Olly
Veteran

Postby Eyrie on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:59 pm

mysterio wrote:does anyone know where the standing room section is too?

I am also heading over for the WCE - Melb match and also the Saints- Cats game. Have Standing Room tickets for the latter, so rang and asked the ticketing agency about them yesterday. They said it's an area behind the seats on the first tier and advised getting there early to claim a spot.
Eyrie
Rookie

PreviousNext

Return to Travelling Eagles