Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2009 - Melbourne

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Re: 2009 - Melbourne

Postby cheese on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:20 pm

hendo1963 wrote:
cheese wrote:Our choice was Cuz v Cats at Skilled

Don't think this is an option now. :lol: :lol:
More chance of chatting to Cuz at Tigers training though :twisted: .
Luke THE OTHER FOOT Shuey
cheese
EFH Legend

Postby hendo1963 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:39 am

Just booked flights and accommodation for the game against Melbourne,also hoping to see Collingwood v Essendon on the Friday night.
First time in a plane for the kids,can't wait.
Anyone know about the Punt Hill Manhattan apartment hotel on Flinders lane?
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eaglette_4 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:26 am

hendo1963 wrote:Just booked flights and accommodation for the game against Melbourne,also hoping to see Collingwood v Essendon on the Friday night.

We stayed at Punt Hill Manhattan for the 2006 GF, they're great. Very central and you can walk to the G.
Eaglette_4
Regular

Postby mysterio on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:04 pm

hendo1963 wrote:Just booked flights and accommodation for the game against Melbourne,also hoping to see Collingwood v Essendon on the Friday night.

Am going to be over there for that game too and the round before that too. Tribeca Apartments (on Albert St) are also very good (where i usually stay) only 5-10 walk to G and 5 min tram ride into main CBD. Also on site have an IGA supermarket and few takeaway places nearby.
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby cheese on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:31 pm

hendo1963 wrote:Just booked flights and accommodation for the game against Melbourne
So you are flying from Bunbury to Perth on May 10th , bloody kids will be disappointed :twisted: .
Luke THE OTHER FOOT Shuey
cheese
EFH Legend

Postby apex on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:41 pm

cheese wrote:
hendo1963 wrote:Just booked flights and accommodation for the game against Melbourne
So you are flying from Bunbury to Perth on May 10th , bloody kids will be disappointed :twisted: .

yeah, I was going to say .. I just bought my tickets for the Eagles/Melbourne game ... and it was listed at Subiaco Oval.
apex
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby mysterio on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 am

mysterio wrote:

Am going to be over there for that game too and the round before that too. Tribeca Apartments (on Albert St) are also very good (where i usually stay) only 5-10 walk to G and 5 min tram ride into main CBD. Also on site have an IGA supermarket and few takeaway places nearby.

I was on a accomodation website "not1night.com" and saw Punt Hill Manhatten on there. If you do decide to go there i reccomend booking through this the not1night website as they offer the same rooms for cheaper then if you book directly through the apartment/hotel ...... In most cases though if you do contact the apartments asking if they can offer accomodation to you at the same price as the not1night website, they usually can.
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby hendo1963 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:45 am

apex wrote:
cheese wrote:

yeah, I was going to say .. I just bought my tickets for the Eagles/Melbourne game ... and it was listed at Subiaco Oval.

Thats what is funny about the footy season,sometimes you get to play the same team twice in the one year,and quite often you play them at home and also at there home. :lol:
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby hendo1963 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:47 am

mysterio wrote:
mysterio wrote:

I was on a accomodation website "not1night.com" and saw Punt Hill Manhatten on there. If you do decide to go there i reccomend booking through this the not1night website as they offer the same rooms for cheaper then if you book directly through the apartment/hotel ...... In most cases though if you do contact the apartments asking if they can offer accomodation to you at the same price as the not1night website, they usually can.

Yeah,thanks for that,but that is who I booked through.
The longer you stay ,the cheaper it is.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby wceagles10 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:14 pm

Just booked tickets for the Round 14 Eagles vs Dees match at the MCG, sitting in section N29, which - according to the site - is the section for Eagles fans [was unsure whether to get decent seats in the middle of the ground or to sit with Eagles fans; easy decision in the end]. Was wanting to see a game at the Dome while I'm over there too, but am torn between the one that night [Dogs vs Hawks], and the one on Sunday arvo [Saints vs Cats]. Obviously the Saints vs Cats will be a cracker of a game to see, but I was hoping to see a night game at the Dome, rather than another day game. Hmmm...
wceagles10
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby GrantleyBuffalo on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:43 pm

wceagles10 wrote:Obviously the Saints vs Cats will be a cracker of a game to see, but I was hoping to see a night game at the Dome, rather than another day game. Hmmm...

Could be tough getting tickets for that one...
Sincerest apologies if the above post didn't meet all criteria or lift the thread to an upper echelon of awesomeness.
GrantleyBuffalo
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby hendo1963 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:52 pm

GrantleyBuffalo wrote:
wceagles10 wrote:Obviously the Saints vs Cats will be a cracker of a game to see, but I was hoping to see a night game at the Dome, rather than another day game. Hmmm...

Got tickets for the Collingwood v Essendon on the Friday night,but it looks like the Saints v Geelong game is sold out,as couldn't get seats for that one,there was talk at one stage of moving the game to the M.C.G. .but haven't heard anything of late.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby wceagles10 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:19 am

GrantleyBuffalo wrote:

Yeah, I had pretty much concluded that I'll just make the decision when I get over there, and so I guess it'll be an easy choice to make if there's only one option.
wceagles10
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby tarz_009 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm all booked in for the Melbourne vs Eagles weekend. Have booked tickets for the Collingwood vs Essendon game and also the St Kilda vs Geelong game (thought I should get in early and be safe!).

Can't wait!!
Beau Waters for Captain!
tarz_009
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby mysterio on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:17 pm

Has anyone ever sat in 3rd tier at Ethihad Stadium, right up the back??? I ask as upon reading on here i relized about the Geelong v St Kilda game. There are tickets available up the back (restricted viewing.... which im guessing is the scaffold beams on the roof on the staduim which restricts your view.)

Didnt know whether to give them a go if,although restricted still not overally bad or whether to get standing room tickets (does anyone know where the standing room section is too?)
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Travelling Eagles