Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2008 - Melbourne

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Re: 2008 - Melbourne

Postby narelle1994 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:08 pm

yes i went melbourne with my family and had a great time. I went to both games as well, I went to the eagles training session which was also great because after they finished training they came over and signed footys and we were allowed to take photos with some of them. But the outcome for us eagles fans wasnt so good with that 100 point thrashing. I have an old saying which my family will know what Im talking about and that is: they f..ked it neh neh neh!!!!!!. Oh well its not our year. Went to telstra dome and found that to be a great place to watch footy as well. Would like to go back to melbourne again sometime
narelle1994
Rookie

Postby W.C. Fry on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:40 pm

Well went over for the friday night game against Essendon at the Dome. First time ive watched a game there and wasnt really sure if i liked it that much. 33k people and it kind of seemed a bit stale - guess it would be better packed out.

Next day sitting at a cafe having lunch before going to the dogs v lions game we were surprised to see 1000 zombies walking down the street. It was so random but really funny. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=580154 is an article about it - youtube "Melbourne Zombie Shuffle" for some videos of it. Classic stuff.

Dogs v Lions game was ok but u always thought the dogs were going to run away with it - which they ended up doing.

Next day was Carlton v Collingwood which was the best game of the lot but i couldn't get into it. Seeing Judd run around the MCG in Blues colours just depressed me. Big crowd but the atmosphere also seemed a little stale. Not what i was really expecting between those 2 big clubs.
2011 Player Sponsor
Ryan Neates
W.C. Fry
Veteran

Postby hendo1963 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:40 pm

W.C. Fry wrote:Well went over for the friday night game against Essendon at the Dome. First time ive watched a game there and wasnt really sure if i liked it that much. 33k people and it kind of seemed a bit stale - guess it would be better packed out.

Next day sitting at a cafe having lunch before going to the dogs v lions game we were surprised to see 1000 zombies walking down the street. It was so random but really funny. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=580154 is an article about it - youtube "Melbourne Zombie Shuffle" for some videos of it. Classic stuff.

Dogs v Lions game was ok but u always thought the dogs were going to run away with it - which they ended up doing.

Next day was Carlton v Collingwood which was the best game of the lot but i couldn't get into it. Seeing Judd run around the MCG in Blues colours just depressed me. Big crowd but the atmosphere also seemed a little stale. Not what i was really expecting between those 2 big clubs.

i wasn't overly impressed with the atmosphere at the telstra dome either,we went to the carlton/geelong game,with 46000 others ,and it wasn't close to a half full mcg earlier in the day.
facilities are first class though.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Travelling Eagles