Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2008 - Melbourne

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Re: 2008 - Melbourne

Postby Lynchy! on Sat May 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Yeah, just don't be spooked by the fact that we'd be playing Essendon (who are one of our 2 bogey teams), and it's on Friday the 13th!! :)

Have they confirmed where happy hour is before the game for this package? I booked this back in January, and it's hasn't been confirmed as far as I know.
Lynchy!
Regular

Postby Worsfold on Mon May 05, 2008 4:25 pm

Lynchy! wrote:Yeah, just don't be spooked by the fact that we'd be playing Essendon (who are one of our 2 bogey teams), and it's on Friday the 13th!! :)

Have they confirmed where happy hour is before the game for this package? I booked this back in January, and it's hasn't been confirmed as far as I know.

know idea about happy hour but i will see you there.
Worsfold
Retired

Postby Worsfold on Thu May 08, 2008 1:08 pm

Lynchy! wrote:Yeah, just don't be spooked by the fact that we'd be playing Essendon (who are one of our 2 bogey teams), and it's on Friday the 13th!! :)

Happy hours seems to be at the national Sports Museum but there is also a post match event venue TBA

Australia Play Ireland (union)on the Saturday Night.
Carlton play Collingwood on the Sunday ???
Worsfold
Retired

Postby narelle1994 on Fri May 09, 2008 4:39 pm

IM GOING OVER TO MELBOURNE FOR THE COLLINGWOOD/EAGLES GAME WITH ABOUT 30 PEOPLE. WE BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS LAST OCTOBER WITH TIGER. VERY CHEAP FLIGHTS. I THINK WE COULD BE THE ONLY ONES THERE BARRACKING FOR THE EAGLES. HOPEFULLY ITS A GOOD GAME. IT WILL BE KERRS 1ST GAME BACK AFTER SUSPENSION.
narelle1994
Rookie

Postby Royals on Sat May 10, 2008 11:22 am

narelle1994 wrote:IM GOING OVER TO MELBOURNE FOR THE COLLINGWOOD/EAGLES GAME WITH ABOUT 30 PEOPLE. WE BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS LAST OCTOBER WITH TIGER. VERY CHEAP FLIGHTS. I THINK WE COULD BE THE ONLY ONES THERE BARRACKING FOR THE EAGLES. HOPEFULLY ITS A GOOD GAME. IT WILL BE KERRS 1ST GAME BACK AFTER SUSPENSION.

same Game our group has grown to 22 possible 26 should be great weekend
Royals
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby gdvogel on Sat May 10, 2008 11:42 am

I will also be coming down to Melbourne for the Collingwood game and will bring another 4 or 5 family and friends. We also booked our flights last November when there was a sale and paid about $79. Flights are so cheap when you live in Sydney. I will try to buy tickets through the club as I would prefer to sit away from the mullets and tattoos. I assume that Kerr should be back for that game and Priddis should also be in.
gdvogel
Regular

Postby Eaglette_4 on Wed May 14, 2008 1:45 pm

I'm also off to the Eagles v Collingwood game with the family.

Have also got tickets to see Geelong v Carlton at the Dome on Sat night and will also look at going to Saints v Melbourne on Sunday.

My brother is going down into the Eagles rooms before and after the game. Lucky bugger, I asked to go as well but apparently no females are allowed!!
Eaglette_4
Regular

Postby W.C. Fry on Fri May 16, 2008 9:43 am

Whats the go with booking tickets early at the Dome? At the moment ticketmaster is only showing crap tickets on level 1 behind the goals for the friday night game against essendon. No level 2 or 3 tickets are available. Surely this game hasn't sold that many seats yet?
2011 Player Sponsor
Ryan Neates
W.C. Fry
Veteran

Postby Worsfold on Fri May 16, 2008 10:14 am

W.C. Fry wrote:Whats the go with booking tickets early at the Dome? At the moment ticketmaster is only showing crap tickets on level 1 behind the goals for the friday night game against essendon. No level 2 or 3 tickets are available. Surely this game hasn't sold that many seats yet?

ring them that way you can ask for where you want to sit
Worsfold
Retired

Postby Eaglette_4 on Fri May 16, 2008 10:30 am

Worsfold wrote:
W.C. Fry wrote:Whats the go with booking tickets early at the Dome? At the moment ticketmaster is only showing crap tickets on level 1 behind the goals for the friday night game against essendon. No level 2 or 3 tickets are available. Surely this game hasn't sold that many seats yet?

ring them that way you can ask for where you want to sit

Yeh we did this for the Collingwood game. We rang the club first though and found out where the Eagles fans would be sitting then rang Ticketmaster and requested where we wanted to sit. They are usually pretty acommodating.
Eaglette_4
Regular

Postby mysterio on Fri May 16, 2008 1:07 pm

I know that Essendon's games at the Dome you always have to pre purchase tickets or something like purchasing tickets to certain levels when they are released. They are the only side that does this, as i remember the tour guide something along those lines when i have done the Telstra Dome tour before.
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby hendo1963 on Sun May 25, 2008 7:21 pm

so who is flying over to tackle collingwood?feeling alot better about the prospects of a big win at the mcg,after last nights effort.
we fly out on wednesday night,hoping to see and hear alot of eagle support on saturday.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eaglette_4 on Sun May 25, 2008 7:56 pm

hendo1963 wrote:so who is flying over to tackle collingwood?feeling alot better about the prospects of a big win at the mcg,after last nights effort.
we fly out on wednesday night,hoping to see and hear alot of eagle support on saturday.

Flying over on the midnight horror on Friday night. Arrive around 5am on Saturday morning. Enough time for a bit of sleep then off to the game. Feeling alot more excited about this game now after Saturday night's performance.

Looking forward to seeing the Carlton and Geelong game at the Dome afterwards as well.
Eaglette_4
Regular

Postby hendo1963 on Sun May 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Eaglette_4 wrote:
hendo1963 wrote:so who is flying over to tackle collingwood?feeling alot better about the prospects of a big win at the mcg,after last nights effort.

Flying over on the midnight horror on Friday night. Arrive around 5am on Saturday morning. Enough time for a bit of sleep then off to the game. Feeling alot more excited about this game now after Saturday night's performance.

Looking forward to seeing the Carlton and Geelong game at the Dome afterwards as well.

yeah,going to that as well.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby hendo1963 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:35 pm

got home from melbourne last night.absolutely great time from the moment we touched down last thursday.saw two fairly average games of footy,but you guys in melbourne should really appreciate what you have with the mcg and telstra dome,the best places to watch footy from.
first time at both grounds,actually first time in melbourne,but fell in love with the place.
alot is said about collingwood supporters,but the atmosphere they created at a half full mcg was amazing.they weren't as feral as i expected either,then again maybe a big win by us would have seen a different reaction.i am already planning my next trip.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Travelling Eagles