Advanced  

Latest Result

Grand Final MCG
Sat, 29 Sep 2018 • 12:00 WST
West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

2008 - Melbourne

Going to a game interstate? Ticketing, how you're getting there etc.

Moderator: Mead

Re: 2008 - Melbourne

Postby Jeeves on Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:29 pm

gus3232 wrote:Is there any way to make sure tickets bought are in the Eagle section? IF so, what is the best way of doing that? I am heading over for the June 13 game vs Essendon. Would be awesome to sit amongst the blue and gold faithful!

Try phoning the Eagle's Melbourne office. I believe Melbourne based Eagles members get their tickets to away matches through them. They should be able to tell you which block has been allocated to Eagles. Hope this helps.
Jeeves
Regular

Postby lozza929406 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:19 pm

im going to eagles v hawks, carlton v richmond and possibly melb v brisbane lions.
is there a way we can book tickets now or do we wait about 1 month before the game?
xox
Premiers 1992, 1994, 2006
lozza929406
Regular

Postby Sico 17 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:32 pm

lozza929406 wrote:im going to eagles v hawks, carlton v richmond and possibly melb v brisbane lions.
is there a way we can book tickets now or do we wait about 1 month before the game?
xox

jaxster wrote:Reserved Seat sales for Victorian games should go on sale to the gerneral public week starting 3rd March. There may be the odd game that will have a different date. (eg the Anzac Day game)
Sico 17
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Eaglette_4 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:39 pm

I'm going over to Melbourne for the Collingwood game as well.....looks like they'll be a few of us there. Bring it on!
Eaglette_4
Regular

Postby lozza929406 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Sico 17 wrote:
lozza929406 wrote:im going to eagles v hawks, carlton v richmond and possibly melb v brisbane lions.
xox

jaxster wrote:Reserved Seat sales for Victorian games should go on sale to the gerneral public week starting 3rd March. There may be the odd game that will have a different date. (eg the Anzac Day game)

thanks very much..
Premiers 1992, 1994, 2006
lozza929406
Regular

Postby katbrad on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Heading over to Melbourne for the Collingwood vs WC game in May. Can anyone suggest a hotel in the CBD for about $150 a night that is decent? We are going for 5 nights so can't afford anything too pricey...

Thanks heaps!
katbrad
Rookie

Postby mysterio on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:54 pm

katbrad wrote:Hi everyone,

Heading over to Melbourne for the Collingwood vs WC game in May. Can anyone suggest a hotel in the CBD for about $150 a night that is decent? We are going for 5 nights so can't afford anything too pricey...

Thanks heaps!

Whenever i go to Melb, and when i do so this year i stay at Milano Apartments. 5 min walk from CBD if you just follow Swanston St down (Milano is located on cnr of Franklin and Swanston)

Around the time you are going twin share apartment room is going for $145, that price is on the website "not1night" that i usually book through ..... i have put a link to it below.

Its pretty much a one room apartment with kitchen, the apartment block doesnt have a restuarant though but lots of places nearby.

Apartment block though has pool,spa,sauna, gym, tennis court, movie room and bbq facilities.

http://www.not1night.com.au/?page=Customer:AvailabilityDetail&hotel_id=395&rt_index=1001&aDay=29&aMonth=05&aYear=2008&nights=2&regionid=1

If you are interested in that i have some pics i took of the room that i could email to you ( not allowing me to upload pics on here)

Hope this helps!
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby katbrad on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:20 am

Thanks heaps for that mysterio :D - that's a great website!
katbrad
Rookie

Postby Purple hater on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:37 am

Ok guys and girls, for anyone who is going over to Melbourne for the ANZAC Day match get onto Ticketmaster now!

For some reason Ticketmaster has stuffed up (who'd have thought?) and the general public can get on and buy tickets today (should only be available to club and AFL members until March).

Got two tickets in M13, I'm excited!!! :D
Premiers 2006!
Purple hater
Veteran

Postby hixsta on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:12 pm

hendo1963 wrote:
Royals wrote:15 of us are going to the Collingwood game at MCG.
Our long weekend in June....bring on the ferals 8)

we will see you there.

Saturday afternoon game, full strenth carlton draft at the 'G'...lovely :lol:
hixsta
Regular

Postby Eaglette_4 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:23 pm

Purple hater wrote:Ok guys and girls, for anyone who is going over to Melbourne for the ANZAC Day match get onto Ticketmaster now!

For some reason Ticketmaster has stuffed up (who'd have thought?) and the general public can get on and buy tickets today (should only be available to club and AFL members until March).

Just checked out the ticket sitution for the Collingwood game in May and they are on sale to AFL/Club Members today. They go on sale to MCC members on 28 Feb and then to the general public on 3 March.
Eaglette_4
Regular

Postby jaxster on Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:08 pm

Eaglette_4 wrote:
Purple hater wrote:Ok guys and girls, for anyone who is going over to Melbourne for the ANZAC Day match get onto Ticketmaster now!

Just checked out the ticket sitution for the Collingwood game in May and they are on sale to AFL/Club Members today. They go on sale to MCC members on 28 Feb and then to the general public on 3 March.

Tickets for members actually went on sale on Saturday (well supposed to have gone on sale) , but the Ticketmaster site was having it's normal meltdown and wouldn't actually let anybody buy a ticket. It would accept the barcode, but then said tickets not on sale for this event. I guess they may have fixed it today. Maybe I should try again. :roll:
Strange women, lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of Government.
jaxster
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Purple hater on Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Eaglette_4 wrote:

It says they're not for sale until the 3/3 but if you go in to the "more info" part of the tickets for sale, you can actually proceed to buy the tickets. At least you could this morninng when I got mine. :D

I checked the Doggies v West Coast tickets at the Dome, also supposed to be on sale 3/3, and you could buy them too.
Premiers 2006!
Purple hater
Veteran

Postby hendo1963 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:37 pm

just picked up 9 seats for the collingwood game,front row block m13,didn't ask for barcodes.
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby mysterio on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Got couple seats in M11 Row E

Pretty much near where i sat last year at Collingwood v Melb Queen's Bday Match :D :D
mysterio
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Travelling Eagles