West Coast Collingwood
11.13 (79) 11.8 (74)
Game Focus

Trade Targets 2017

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby Streaker on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:12 am

Most of the trade experts are saying that Gaff is being hunted by Hawthorn and St Kilda.

Hawthorns 1st pick is 32 and they don't seem to have the cattle to trade decent players to us. Saints have picks 7 and 8 but don't have the midfield swap it would take for us to be happy now that Acres has re-signed. Would Gaff for pick 8 be enough or could we squeeze something more out of them?

Gaff and pick 13 --> Josh Bruce and pick 8

We get a 5 pick upgrade on our 1st and a replacement for Kennedy.

Thoughts?
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:48 am

Why are people so interested in offing Gaff?

We are going backwards in our midfield if we get rid of one of our most critical players. No one else in the team covers the amount of ground that Gaff does and gets the ball in all areas of the ground.

Gaff is an outside wingman, it isn't his job to win contested ball out of stoppages, it is his job to be the one that collects the ball when our insiders get it out.

We have an abundance of inside mids and we want to get rid of the one genuine outside mid we have?
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:59 am

Streaker wrote:Most of the trade experts are saying that Gaff is being hunted by Hawthorn and St Kilda.

Hawthorns 1st pick is 32 and they don't seem to have the cattle to trade decent players to us. Saints have picks 7 and 8 but don't have the midfield swap it would take for us to be happy now that Acres has re-signed. Would Gaff for pick 8 be enough or could we squeeze something more out of them?

Thoughts?

Don't really feels it benefits either team. Don't think Saints can afford to lose a tall forward and whilst we do need to look at replacing Kennedy Bruce will just end up lost in the depth chart fighting with Darling. I can't see a guy who is fighting for the number 1 spot at a club coming to another club and fighting to be #2 for 2 or 3 years.

Also further hurts our midfield. If we did a deal with saints for gaff I would rather take their pick, maybe look at a tall forward replacement with that pick, that way they will have 3 years to be nurtured behind the best in the game and when Kennedy is retiring they should be ready to make the leap to being a focal point.

I'd like to see us fight for as much as we can get and ask for a second round upgrade as well. we do sit in the drivers seat here, we have him under contract after all. May need to be a 3 way deal to get satisfaction across the board though as I think Saints wouldn't want to pay pick 8 for him yet alone adding to it.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:43 pm

If we get Fasolo cheap and with a 3rd/4th round pick. I'd be keen as mustard.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Streaker on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:54 pm

DALBY wrote:If we get Fasolo cheap and with a 3rd/4th round pick. I'd be keen as mustard.

Not that keen on Fasolo, seems to be a bit too much one way as a player. Not very defensive.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Streaker on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Pinion King wrote:Why are people so interested in offing Gaff?

Not sure about offing him but the jungle drums over east are getting louder and louder.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:11 pm

- Motlop is starting to be linked to us. Adelaide also chasing. Restricted free agent.
- Conca interested in coming home to WA. More linked to Freo than us.
- Impey could leave Port, there is some speed.
- Ah Chee still linked to us.
The only team we are destined to be is the team we decide to be. - West Coast Eagles, 2018 Premiers
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:47 pm

Pinion King wrote:- Motlop is starting to be linked to us. Adelaide also chasing. Restricted free agent.
- Conca interested in coming home to WA. More linked to Freo than us.
- Impey could leave Port, there is some speed.
- Ah Chee still linked to us.

Motlop when at his best would be a great addition to our side. But end of the day he is a Motlop, and carries the same fade away gene the other motlops have had. Unless we are going to pick him up cheaply I wouldn't be keen on getting him, and I think its fair to say he won't be given away cheaply.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:55 pm

farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:48 pm

farmer joe wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-adelaide-midfielder-brendon-ah-chee-looking-for-more-afl-game-time-by-seeking-new-club-in-trade-talks/news-story/46764ae77849cdbd9f93309ca211567f

I am not sure he would add much.
With you. Can't access the article due paywall but see it to be Ah Chee. Virtually free or don't bother.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot Yeo. 2017 B&F, 2017 EFH POTY.
MrWoollie
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:00 pm

What is he like in terms of pace? From memory, he has a good break away.
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby trade rosa+hansen on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Streaker wrote:Most of the trade experts are saying that Gaff is being hunted by Hawthorn and St Kilda.

Thoughts?

Don't think he's planning on going anywhere. Just moved/moving into new house.
trade rosa+hansen
Regular

Postby Pinion King on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:07 pm

trade rosa+hansen wrote:

Thoughts?

Don't think he's planning on going anywhere. Just moved/moving into new house.

From what I have heard he is happy here. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs a new contract early next year.
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:05 am

McInnes to be offered a new 1 year deal.

Lamb wants out if he can't get a guarantee of more games. You can never guarantee a player game time. Put a line through him.

Ah Chee has officially asked for a trade. No club preference, yet.

All the fun officially begins on Friday.
Pinion King
EFH Legend

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:25 am

Pinion King wrote:McInnes to be offered a new 1 year deal.

Lamb wants out if he can't get a guarantee of more games. You can never guarantee a player game time. Put a line through him.

Ah Chee has officially asked for a trade. No club preference, yet.

All the fun officially begins on Friday.

Didn't Lamb get shopped around last year and no one wanted him? What has happened over this season that makes him think he has any sort of market value? He had one 5 goal game and...?

Ah Chee would be someone I would look at for a very low price. Something like a third round downgrade
WCE Booka 89
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading