18.13 (121) 7.13 (55)
Game Focus

Trade Targets 2017

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: Trade Targets 2017

Postby Fat Side on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm

MrWoollie wrote:So, in summary...

IN. Ah Chee, 2017 Picks 21, 26, 37, 2018 picks 2nd rounder (GCS), 4th rounder (from PA, tied to Hawks)

OUT. 2017 pick 50, 2018 1st rounder (GCS) and 3rd rounder (PA).

Basically we have raided 2018 and currently have for the 2018 draft 2 x 2nd round and 2 x 4th round and 1 x 5th round picks.

2017 recruiting team - over to you. No pressure then!

By moving on Wellingham, Hill, Priddis, Mitchell etc we free up salary cap space. Salary cap space we will need to retain McGovern, Gaff and Yeo next year.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby CouchPotato on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:20 pm

Fat Side wrote:
MrWoollie wrote:So, in summary...

IN. Ah Chee, 2017 Picks 21, 26, 37, 2018 picks 2nd rounder (GCS), 4th rounder (from PA, tied to Hawks)

OUT. 2017 pick 50, 2018 1st rounder (GCS) and 3rd rounder (PA).

Basically we have raided 2018 and currently have for the 2018 draft 2 x 2nd round and 2 x 4th round and 1 x 5th round picks.

2017 recruiting team - over to you. No pressure then!

By moving on Wellingham, Hill, Priddis, Mitchell etc we free up salary cap space. Salary cap space we will need to retain McGovern, Gaff and Yeo next year.

I had a similar thought - perhaps we also have our eye on a free agent next year (Lynch?), so salary cap space will be key.

Overall I'm intrigued by the trades - but glad we have taken a definitive position. 2017 will be on of those drafts that we build a core group around, and it is solely within our control how bad the damage is to 2018.
CouchPotato
Veteran

Postby penrith eagle on Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:05 pm

CouchPotato wrote:I had a similar thought - perhaps we also have our eye on a free agent next year (Lynch?), so salary cap space will be key.

I think the pies are a better chance in landing Lynch than us
The will to win....maybe its coming back ??

eagles forever
penrith eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:38 am

I see Ben Lennon from Richmond has been delisted. He is a small forward that can run through the midfield. Has some real potential and skills. Former first round pick.

Is it worth sounding him out as a delisted FA?
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:10 pm

Billy Hartung just delisted too. Could get him for nothing.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:11 pm

Fat Side wrote:I see Ben Lennon from Richmond has been delisted. He is a small forward that can run through the midfield. Has some real potential and skills. Former first round pick.

Is it worth sounding him out as a delisted FA?

As a rookie maybe. He had some talent IIRC and was supposed to go around one of our picks a few years back. He is that awkward body size where he fits in as a medium forward. Would play well in WAFL/VFL as a tall forward but would struggle transitioning to AFL.

Also looking over his stats for richmond, half a goal a game, averaging a tackle a game and 10 disposals. Not really setting the field alight.

Rookie draft but I wouldn't be too worried about him, we already have Waterman in a similar position anyways.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Fat Side wrote:Billy Hartung just delisted too. Could get him for nothing.

Bit of a surprise; must be something going on there we don't know about. Not big for a modern footballer but well skilled and played regular games; maybe worth our last pick if no one else has taken him.

Lennon has not kicked many goals for a small forward so I reckon it's a no from me. 10 goals in 21 games.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:

Bit of a surprise; must be something going on there we don't know about. Not big for a modern footballer but well skilled and played regular games; maybe worth our last pick if no one else has taken him.

Lennon has not kicked many goals for a small forward so I reckon it's a no from me. 10 goals in 21 games.

Hartung plays a bit like Gaff but plays more inside as well. He runs all day and has good foot skills. We could do worse than to get a back up for Gaff in the event he goes under FA next year.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:17 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:

Won't cost us a pick. Delisted free agency.

Will be interesting to see if we show interest in him.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:19 am

Pinion King wrote:
Fair Bump Play On wrote:

Won't cost us a pick. Delisted free agency.

Will be interesting to see if we show interest in him.

Connections to Simpson through Hawthorn. Brisbane might swoop with Fagan and Hodge up there.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Drafts and Trading