9.4 (58) 19.11 (125)
Game Focus

2017 Draft

The list and its future

Moderator: DALBY

Re: 2017 Draft

Postby Pinion King on Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:26 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-03/d ... ll-impress

Clark for kicking and Petruccelle for speed.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:38 am

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl-draft/ ... b88619318z

Maybe if he slides to a 3rd rounder, or if we can get another 2nd rounder? Line breaking outsider.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:49 am

Pinion King wrote:Yeah I was thinking Hunter Clark.

Good pace, good on both feet. Supposedly is the most classy player of the draft.

Pettrucelle is also a good fit. They have surprised us the past few years. Duggan and Venables were not who we thought we would take.

Duggan was taken because Cockatoo went immediately before him otherwise Cockatoo would be an Eagle. It seems the issue with Pettrucelle is his kicking. If he doesn't have the precise foot skills we should probably not consider him. Venables is exactly the player we needed (and still need)
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Streaker on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:58 am

Will be interesting to see who ends up with what picks after the trade period.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-01/i ... rand-final

Brisbane should get an end of 1st round compensation pick for Rockliff.
Adelaide if they lose Cameron as well as Lever could have 3 1st round picks.
Western Billdogs should get Essendons 1st pick for Stringer.
GWS could end up back in the 1st round with Freo's 1st pick for Wilson.

Be some fun and games this next week.

I'm hoping like hell crazy Vozzo doesn't lumber us with any duds and keeps our 1st 2 picks for the draft.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:18 am

Streaker wrote:Will be interesting to see who ends up with what picks after the trade period.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-01/i ... rand-final

Brisbane should get an end of 1st round compensation pick for Rockliff.
Adelaide if they lose Cameron as well as Lever could have 3 1st round picks.
Western Billdogs should get Essendons 1st pick for Stringer.
GWS could end up back in the 1st round with Freo's 1st pick for Wilson.

Be some fun and games this next week.

I'm hoping like hell crazy Vozzo doesn't lumber us with any duds and keeps our 1st 2 picks for the draft.

Is Wilson worth a first round pick? He looks great in an excellent team, but how will he go at Freo?
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Streaker on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:19 am

Aiden Bonar has equalled Jordan Gallucci's standing vertical jump record of 89cm this morning.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Streaker on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:55 am

Dylan Moore has set the bar in the Yo-Yo test, taking it out for the smalls group with a score of 22.4 (equivalent to about 14.7 beep test).
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Streaker on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:50 am

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-05/b ... ne-results

Standout performers

Smartspeed 20-metre sprint
Jack Petruccelle 2.87 seconds
Kane Farrell 2.90
Aiden Bonar 2.90
Ben Miller 2.91
Nick Coffield 2.91

Smartspeed agility test
Kane Farrell 8.10 seconds
Ben Miller 8.10
Brent Daniels 8.11
Trent Mynott 8.20
Nathan Kreuger 8.21

Standing vertical jump
Aiden Bonar 89cm
Kyron Hayden 82cm
Harrison Jones 79cm
Jordan Houlahan 77cm
Jordan Johnston 75cm
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Of some guys likely to feature later in the draft, Ben Miller's results will see clubs go back and have a look at his game. The West Australian key position prospect was equal winner of the agility test and ran 2.91 seconds in the sprint, while he also kicked a perfect score in the goalkicking. He arrived as a likely later pick or rookie, but that movement for a 196cm prospect is hard to find.

Ben Miller might be worth a late pick. Sounds like JK.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Streaker on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Pinion King wrote:
Of some guys likely to feature later in the draft, Ben Miller's results will see clubs go back and have a look at his game. The West Australian key position prospect was equal winner of the agility test and ran 2.91 seconds in the sprint, while he also kicked a perfect score in the goalkicking. He arrived as a likely later pick or rookie, but that movement for a 196cm prospect is hard to find.

Ben Miller might be worth a late pick. Sounds like JK.

The more you look at this years draft the deeper it seems to go.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/6507

http://footyprophet.com/wafl-u18-talent ... ing-notes/
Ben Miller | Subiaco |

In the ruck, Miller was dazzling, often tapping the ball down to his midfielders. However, he was also outstanding around the ground, in a similar fashion to how former Eagle Dean Cox played. A highlight of this was when Miller was able to sidestep an opponent before hitting a team-mate lace out at full-forward. Miller has the potential to be WA’s premier ruckman at this year’s Championships.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:28 pm

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/ ... eld-reboot
Looking ahead to next month’s draft, Rawlings said his recruitment team had been keeping an eye on several mature-age talents in addition to watching the nation’s youth strut their stuff across Australia.

He said the likes of South Fremantle’s Tim Kelly and Haiden Schloithe were on the club’s radar, as was Subiaco excitement machine Liam Ryan.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Pinion King wrote:http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-10-12/eagles-poised-for-midfield-reboot
Looking ahead to next month’s draft, Rawlings said his recruitment team had been keeping an eye on several mature-age talents in addition to watching the nation’s youth strut their stuff across Australia.

He said the likes of South Fremantle’s Tim Kelly and Haiden Schloithe were on the club’s radar, as was Subiaco excitement machine Liam Ryan.

As we have a number of picks I like the idea of going mature age with some of them. Should know if they can kick under pressure.

Talking about under pressure it would seen the Western Bulldogs have really stuffed the Stringer trade up. I can't recall such a mess and a real insult to a talented player, he simply can't play on with the dogs next year. I reckon I wouldn't mind hearing the Eagles decided to make a late play; maybe offered up pick 13 and Masten if required (he needs a new start too) and Stringer could have a chance for a new beginning and get away from Melbourne. Just a thought.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:18 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Pinion King wrote:http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-10-12/eagles-poised-for-midfield-reboot

As we have a number of picks I like the idea of going mature age with some of them. Should know if they can kick under pressure.

Talking about under pressure it would seen the Western Bulldogs have really stuffed the Stringer trade up. I can't recall such a mess and a real insult to a talented player, he simply can't play on with the dogs next year. I reckon I wouldn't mind hearing the Eagles decided to make a late play; maybe offered up pick 13 and Masten if required (he needs a new start too) and Stringer could have a chance for a new beginning and get away from Melbourne. Just a thought.

Stringer already said he doesn't want to leave Vic.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 am

Fair Bump Play On wrote:

No thank you. I'd rather we keep our picks. Stringer is surplus to our needs, we don't need another forward. If we picked him up with a second rounder then sure, but that just aint gonna happen. With his baggage and our depth in our forward line and our desperate need in the midfield its just a completely bad fit.
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:02 am

WCE Booka 89 wrote:No thank you. I'd rather we keep our picks. Stringer is surplus to our needs, we don't need another forward. If we picked him up with a second rounder then sure, but that just aint gonna happen. With his baggage and our depth in our forward line and our desperate need in the midfield its just a completely bad fit.

I find it hard to believe a player like Stringer would be surplus to any teams needs. Pretty sure he can play significant stints in the middle as well and have a real impact, and I thought at his age this would probably likely occur even more; re Nick Riewoldt. Not that I am a study of his so maybe I'm wrong. As for not wanting to leave Victoria; maybe given the bad taste this trade period must be leaving in his mouth maybe he might reconsider this. Not a player I would have expected the club to chase, but I would be open to him falling in our lap.

Anyway like I said it was just a thought, but I will be unhappy with him ending up at the scum for next to nothing.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading