Moderator: DALBY

Re: 2017 : Trade -:- Delist -:- Retire

Postby CouchPotato on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:41 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:Retire:
Mitchell
Butler
Priddis
Lecras
Hill (signed a contract with subi already)
Petrie

Delist:
Giles
Jetta - i've lost patience, 6 good games in 3 years doesn't cut it.
Tunbridge - injuries have robbed him of a career

Trade (controversial i know):
Gaff - Valuable outside mid, is above or above average in almost every attribute, but lacks scoring prowess and elite speed/line breaking capability
Darling - the kid that peaked in highschool, his value diminished after back to back finals performances

On the chopping block:
Schofield
MacKenzie
McInnes
Masten

Man - you are going to look mighty silly when we make finals and win the flag this year... :lol: :twisted:

Jetta has just found his role in the team - I want to see him underneath Nic Nat next year before we make a decision.

I think the Gaff / Darling trades are silly, and have just said so in the other-other-other thread on trading out quality.

The rest are pretty reasonable, but I think your 'chopping block' will largely survive just because we are limited by how many we can turn over in one year.
CouchPotato
Regular

Postby DALBY on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Off foxfooty.

JOSH Schache’s future is looking increasingly likely to be at another club despite the Brisbane forward signing a fresh two-year deal just three months ago.

Teammates of the 20-year-old are not expecting Schache to return to the Lions for the 2018 season, foxfooty.com.au understands.

Schache, who lived with teammates Corey Lyons and Alex Witherden this season, is believed to have packed up most of his belongings, leaving little in Brisbane to return to.

Wow! :shock:

Probably headed to North.
Tom "Chops" Lamb
Guernsey 10, still only 20 years old, 193cm, "The best utility money can buy"
Drafted 32 in 2014.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Mr Q on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:17 pm

DALBY wrote:JOSH Schache’s future is looking increasingly likely to be at another club despite the Brisbane forward signing a fresh two-year deal just three months ago.

That would be surprising given that he has re-signed, and that IIRC he actually *wanted* to go to Brisbane in the first place, as his now-deceased dad played for the old Bad-News-Bears back in the day.

Of course, it's off Fox, so it could be that he'll play 300 games for the Lions now.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 am

Mr Q wrote:
DALBY wrote:JOSH Schache’s future is looking increasingly likely to be at another club despite the Brisbane forward signing a fresh two-year deal just three months ago.

That would be surprising given that he has re-signed, and that IIRC he actually *wanted* to go to Brisbane in the first place, as his now-deceased dad played for the old Bad-News-Bears back in the day.

Of course, it's off Fox, so it could be that he'll play 300 games for the Lions now.

It sounds like a return to victoria is possible. I wonder why he resigned mid year then.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:19 am

Retire:
Mitchell
Butler
Priddis
Lecras
Petrie

Delist:
Giles

Schofield

On the chopping block:
McInnes
Masten
Wellingham

Initially i had
- Jetta to be delisted i think he's turning a corner and we will be seeing more consistent performances from him.
- Entertain options to trade Gaff/Darling as these guys would be worth something. A rash call by me. These two are just about to enter their prime. One of the shit things about free agency, we put 8 years of development into players only to see them leave and get poorly compensated based on ladder position.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:36 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:Retire:
Mitchell
Butler
Priddis
Lecras
Petrie

Delist:
Giles

Schofield

On the chopping block:
McInnes
Masten
Wellingham

Initially i had
- Jetta to be delisted i think he's turning a corner and we will be seeing more consistent performances from him.
- Entertain options to trade Gaff/Darling as these guys would be worth something. A rash call by me. These two are just about to enter their prime. One of the shit things about free agency, we put 8 years of development into players only to see them leave and get poorly compensated based on ladder position.

Masten is going nowhere. He is contracted for two more years. Unless he is traded he will stay. Giles is contracted for next year too. He would need to retire otherwise he stays. Schofield is a required player. LeCras won't retire. I think we will offer Wellingham, LeCras and Mackenzie another year.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Fat Side wrote:Masten is going nowhere. He is contracted for two more years. Unless he is traded he will stay. Giles is contracted for next year too. He would need to retire otherwise he stays. Schofield is a required player. LeCras won't retire. I think we will offer Wellingham, LeCras and Mackenzie another year.

Masten - still has two years on his contract? That seems to have been a massive stuff up by the club, who else was competing for his services last contract negotiations? I held on to high hopes for Masten for a long time but this year broke me. Trade him; it might be also be good for him.
Giles - I've heard somewhere that he might have a degenerative knee injury so he might want to retire, however if he is happy and enjoying playing WAFL we should honour the contract.
Schofield - is definitely a required player; we've not seen the best of him yet!
LeCras - Late in the season showed a couple of flashes of form but he has back and other issues and might not want to retire but unless the issues are going to get better and he is also happy to be 'managed' (for instance only play home games) then he really should retire. Will always be high on the list of all time favorite players but at times this year and last has been a sad shadow of himself.
Wellingham - I agree we should offer him a contract, he can still regain form.
Emac - yes, year by year, he seems to continue to regain form thankfully.
McInnes - I hope we keep him and play him but he could probably become a star in another team so if I was him I'd leave.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 pm

We've resigned Karpany on a one year deal. I think that's the right thing to have done.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-13/y ... her-season
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby MrWoollie on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:We've resigned Karpany on a one year deal. I think that's the right thing to have done.

Agreed.

I actually think he would have been a much better player by now if he had 27 rather than 7 games under his belt. Development held up by (at times) playing out of form but established players.
2017 sponsor of #5 - Brad (Mr Reliable) Sheppard. 25yo, 100+ games and counting.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot (how good could he be) Yeo. Only 23 and looking to hit 100 career games in 2017.
2017 sponsor of #23 - Lewis (we need this excitement) Jetta. 27yo and heading for 150 career games.
2017 sponsor of #30 - Jackson (he's too good to be only 21) Nelson. 21yo, pick #51 in 2014, a bonus pickup.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby Fat Side on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:49 am

Fair Bump Play On wrote:We've resigned Karpany on a one year deal. I think that's the right thing to have done.

One year? Surely worth two.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:57 am

Fat Side wrote:

One year? Surely worth two.

Had they played experienced players on merit rather than staus, then Karpany may have played 12+ games this year and been rewarded with a 2 year deal.

Its really make or break next year for him, but i thought he showed enough to be on a 2 year deal also.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:18 am

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
Fat Side wrote:Masten is going nowhere. He is contracted for two more years. Unless he is traded he will stay. Giles is contracted for next year too. He would need to retire otherwise he stays. Schofield is a required player. LeCras won't retire. I think we will offer Wellingham, LeCras and Mackenzie another year.

Masten - still has two years on his contract? That seems to have been a massive stuff up by the club, who else was competing for his services last contract negotiations? I held on to high hopes for Masten for a long time but this year broke me. Trade him; it might be also be good for him.
Giles - I've heard somewhere that he might have a degenerative knee injury so he might want to retire, however if he is happy and enjoying playing WAFL we should honour the contract.
Schofield - is definitely a required player; we've not seen the best of him yet!
LeCras - Late in the season showed a couple of flashes of form but he has back and other issues and might not want to retire but unless the issues are going to get better and he is also happy to be 'managed' (for instance only play home games) then he really should retire. Will always be high on the list of all time favorite players but at times this year and last has been a sad shadow of himself.
Wellingham - I agree we should offer him a contract, he can still regain form.
Emac - yes, year by year, he seems to continue to regain form thankfully.
McInnes - I hope we keep him and play him but he could probably become a star in another team so if I was him I'd leave.

Yep. Masten signed until the end of 2019. I hear he could be open to a trade to get more opportunity. The problem is finding a suitor. Yep, Giles has a chronic knee issue and may retire. I don't mind Wellingham and Emac for another year. LeCras really needs to consider his position - if its injury that has kept him quiet then fair enough (provided the prognosis is good) otherwise we probably shouldn't offer him another contract otherwise offer him another year. He may get a FA offer. We have Cripps, Rioli and Karpany and the latter two need development. McInnes has been given plenty of time to develop and I just can't see the point in retaining him. He should be absolutely dominating the WAFL and he isn't.

We currently have three senior vacancies (Priddis, Butler and Mitchell). If Giles and Hill go, that gives us five. We will have three rookie vacancies (Petrie, Tunbridge and McInnes). There is talk that Lamb may be offered a spot on the rookie list. If that happens we will have six senior and two rookie vacancies.

I wouldn't elevate anybody from the rookie list. Watson is the most likely type, but can stay on the rookie list for another year. I'm not sure where Snadden is at the moment as to whether he will be retained.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Streaker on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:23 am

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-coas ... yh3an.html

Veteran West Coast defender Eric Mackenzie is set for reward in his brave recovery from career-threatening injury with a new contract for next season.
Streaker
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:27 am

Streaker wrote:http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles/eric-mckenzie-set-for-another-year-with-the-eagles-20170913-gyh3an.html

Veteran West Coast defender Eric Mackenzie is set for reward in his brave recovery from career-threatening injury with a new contract for next season.

Good, he deserves it, just has to concentrate on his kicking skills over preseason.
Tom "Chops" Lamb
Guernsey 10, still only 20 years old, 193cm, "The best utility money can buy"
Drafted 32 in 2014.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:00 am

Streaker wrote:http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-coast-eagles/eric-mckenzie-set-for-another-year-with-the-eagles-20170913-gyh3an.html

No mention of how much he will be on. Given the size of his last contract hopefully its about 30-40% of what it was.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Drafts and Trading