9.4 (58) 19.11 (125)
Game Focus

1st Elimination Final: WCE v Port

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: 1st Elimination Final: WCE v Port

Postby sydney eagle on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Wow ! Real " edge of the seat" stuff. I was sure that we were gone when Port hit the front. I guess I should have more faith in the team.
sydney eagle
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 pm

farmer joe wrote:Great win. I was there in 2007 and it was our turn to win in extra time. Lost my shit when Priddis turned it over in the first minute or so but hats off to him for his game. Also loved Petrie, Vardy, Darling (early) and Jetta (late).
Had a stinking Dockers supporter in my ear early telling me how the club had mucked up the Sinclair/Jetta trade. Didn't he get it when Lewis stood up in extra time.
For those that are saying play NN as a forward? That's BS. If fit he plays and plays in the ruck. If he can't handle that he doesn't play.

Naitanui is not match fit. He's in mothballs until 2018. Great win and it shows that effort and desperation can win you games regardless of the quality of the opposition ruckman.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Pinion King on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:51 pm

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/port-f ... 1036296001

Brutal, for some reason, can't help but watch it again and laugh.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby merovingian on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks for the link Pinion. Most enjoyable!

I guess everyone's too happy with the win to dwell on the details, but that LeCras/Gaff soccer one-two, with scores at 60-60, was really more than I could bear. If we had have lost, then Gaff's effort, on his right foot, would deserve to be remembered as un-fondly as JD's dropped GF chest mark.
merovingian
Veteran

Postby MrWoollie on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Pinion King wrote:https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/port-fans-left-devastated-by-shueys-goal-bc-5571036296001

Brutal, for some reason, can't help but watch it again and laugh.
A true thing of beauty.
2017 sponsor of #5 - Brad (Mr Reliable) Sheppard. 25yo, 100+ games and counting.
2017 sponsor of #6 - Elliot (how good could he be) Yeo. Only 23 and looking to hit 100 career games in 2017.
2017 sponsor of #23 - Lewis (we need this excitement) Jetta. 27yo and heading for 150 career games.
2017 sponsor of #30 - Jackson (he's too good to be only 21) Nelson. 21yo, pick #51 in 2014, a bonus pickup.
MrWoollie
Veteran

Postby Pinion King on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:28 pm

merovingian wrote:Thanks for the link Pinion. Most enjoyable!

I guess everyone's too happy with the win to dwell on the details, but that LeCras/Gaff soccer one-two, with scores at 60-60, was really more than I could bear. If we had have lost, then Gaff's effort, on his right foot, would deserve to be remembered as un-fondly as JD's dropped GF chest mark.

The TV copped a heap of abuse when that happened.

Of course, everyone outside of WA and who isn't an Eagles fan are all bitching about the free kick.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:25 am

Watching that, you could see that Gaff was totally out on his feet. He was absolutely spent. He kept willing himself to get to each contest and apply a tackle.
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 am

Fat Side wrote:

Watching that, you could see that Gaff was totally out on his feet. He was absolutely spent. He kept willing himself to get to each contest and apply a tackle.

Agreed. GAFF is our best 2 way runner.

Even Cripps, he seems to go flat track but end up out on his feet when he has the ball or when he gets to a contest hasnt got the energy to compete and goes to ground.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Fat Side wrote:

Without re-watching it before posting I though Gaff was trying to beat two players so fair enough but LeCras was a one on one and going for the soccer was a poor and risky option for player who could once make magic of such an opportunity.

Agree that Gaff is a fantastic player, rarely plays a poor game and never leaves anything in the tank.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:15 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Also hats off to MacKenzie who had the smarts to make sure the ball went out instead of through the points.

Full credit goes to Emac for this play. The ability to not only NOT concede a point and not guide the ball over the boundary (because that could have been called deliberate) but to get the ball to the behind post and also risk injury to himself by doing so.

I reckon this moment will be the one I remember most vividly in the years to come. It was an impossible situation that somehow he invented a solution too. Aided kindly by a push from the Port player on his tail.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mead on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Fair Bump Play On wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:
Pinion King wrote:Also hats off to MacKenzie who had the smarts to make sure the ball went out instead of through the points.

Full credit goes to Emac for this play. The ability to not only NOT concede a point and not guide the ball over the boundary (because that could have been called deliberate) but to get the ball to the behind post and also risk injury to himself by doing so.

I reckon this moment will be the one I remember most vividly in the years to come. It was an impossible situation that somehow he invented a solution too. Aided kindly by a push from the Port player on his tail.

Someone needs to give Eric a go on the kobayashi maru simulator.
Mead
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Pinion King on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:16 am

:lol: https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/americ ... 4459782001

Fouls, apoplectic, worth six, and walk off's.

They tried. :lol:
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to West Coast Eagles