Advanced  

Latest Result

Semi Final Sydney Showgrounds
Sun, 17 Sep 2017 • 17:25 WST
West Coast Greater Western Sydney
9.4 (58) 19.11 (125)
Game Focus

Next Game

Round 1 Perth Stadium
Sun, 25 Mar 2018 • 16:20 WST
West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus



Duggan = Real Deal

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Duggan = Real Deal

Postby Total Package on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:A few weeks ago i called for Duggan to be demoted to the WAFL, because it just seemed he needed a run back in the seconds to get some touch. As soon as i said this he has been able to find the ball a bit more and do a couple of nice things with it.

Still plenty to work on (like his composure while attempting to kick for goal), and removing that really bad not quite a mustache, there are some good signs that he will make the grade.


I've noticed the game has suddenly slowed down for him as well. No longer is he just barging through trying to take on 3 guys and break tackles (unsuccessfully) or kicking the ball quickly and turning it over. He seems to have that extra split second and is able to look up and find guys and his disposal is actually very very good now as a result.

It would have been nice if some of the other kids were persevered with and fast tracked this year... instead of shuffling the same old deck chairs at the selection table. Duggan is a perfect example of why you need to get 30 games into these kids asap.
User avatar
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:04 pm

Re: Duggan = Real Deal

Postby Voice of Reason on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:20 am

I've always liked him since that brave bump - I think it was against the Crows - in his first year.

On the weekend he oozed class and toughness - other than the brilliant captain's display, he might have won the RG medal.

Hey Duggee certainly got his Derby badge on the weekend......
Modest in victory
Gracious in defeat
Voice of Reason
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: West Coast Eagles & West Perth

Re: Duggan = Real Deal

Postby domo_the_eagle on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:42 am

I reckon next year we will see guys like rioli, venebles & watson get the same opportunity. It's these types of players we desperately need an injection of youth in the team.
User avatar
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic
 
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:18 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Duggan = Real Deal

Postby Fat Side on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:58 am

Total Package wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:A few weeks ago i called for Duggan to be demoted to the WAFL, because it just seemed he needed a run back in the seconds to get some touch. As soon as i said this he has been able to find the ball a bit more and do a couple of nice things with it.

Still plenty to work on (like his composure while attempting to kick for goal), and removing that really bad not quite a mustache, there are some good signs that he will make the grade.


I've noticed the game has suddenly slowed down for him as well. No longer is he just barging through trying to take on 3 guys and break tackles (unsuccessfully) or kicking the ball quickly and turning it over. He seems to have that extra split second and is able to look up and find guys and his disposal is actually very very good now as a result.

It would have been nice if some of the other kids were persevered with and fast tracked this year... instead of shuffling the same old deck chairs at the selection table. Duggan is a perfect example of why you need to get 30 games into these kids asap.


The move to defence his reinvigorated him. He played a lot in defence as a junior so it's a good way to get confidence into him without a demotion. It also frees up Yeo to run through the middle.
Make the switch now
User avatar
Fat Side
Veteran
 
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:52 pm

Re: Duggan = Real Deal

Postby Pinion King on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:05 pm

Voice of Reason wrote:I've always liked him since that brave bump - I think it was against the Crows - in his first year.

On the weekend he oozed class and toughness - other than the brilliant captain's display, he might have won the RG medal..

Port it was against. He cleaned up Momfries.

His bump on Fyfe was great. Fyfe went straight to ground.

He faded a bit after half-time, otherwise he would have gotten the medal.
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
User avatar
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Duggan = Real Deal

Postby KRAL on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:26 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:I reckon next year we will see guys like rioli, venebles & watson get the same opportunity. It's these types of players we desperately need an injection of youth in the team.


I'd like to think that if not for injuries we would have seen a lot more of these guys this season. I've been reflecting on the team selection and agree with most of the posters here that some changes need to be made, some tough calls to be made on some 'elder' statesman in the midfield... but I'd also say of the youngsters on the list though only Partington has been really stiff not to have played more footy,

Barass, Mutimer, Karpany, Cole, Nelson, Duggan, Sheed have been given opportunities and while i'd say that the jury is still out on Mutimer, Cole and Karpany they've all shown solid glimpses of AFL level talent while the others look like 10 year players which is encouraging for the future.

But yeah, Duggan.. going to be a star :)
KRAL
User avatar
KRAL
Veteran
 
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Enemy Territory

Re: Duggan = Real Deal

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:06 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:A few weeks ago i called for Duggan to be demoted to the WAFL, because it just seemed he needed a run back in the seconds to get some touch. As soon as i said this he has been able to find the ball a bit more and do a couple of nice things with it.

Still plenty to work on (like his composure while attempting to kick for goal), and removing that really bad not quite a mustache, there are some good signs that he will make the grade.


You should have known by now that under the sponsorship of FBPO that he would blossom.

Now if only we can get the man we have all been waiting for to return from his knee injury - Tunbridge - then we can still go far into the finals. Play Tom Gorter and the premiership will be looking a sure thing.

Will Schofield started the year as one of our greatest and most important players, nothing has changed, I can take no credit for this great player; though I am proud to be his sponsor.
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
User avatar
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame
 
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:06 pm
Location: Getting hot on this globe.

Previous

Return to West Coast Eagles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron