9.4 (58) 19.11 (125)
Game Focus

Duggan = Real Deal

Discussion of all things Eagles
(the "EaglesFlyingHigh" board)

Moderators: Mead, Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Duggan = Real Deal

Postby Total Package on Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 pm

He looks like he is going to be a player in a few years. Has time and space inside packs which you can't teach.

His kicking has been average... but not too concerned. He was actually considered an elite kick prior to the draft.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Eliot Mess on Sun May 15, 2016 10:42 pm

HIs kicking was very good last year. Could the knee have mucked him up..he should come back from that with time regardless.
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE Booka 89 on Mon May 16, 2016 1:21 pm

Eliot Mess wrote:HIs kicking was very good last year. Could the knee have mucked him up..he should come back from that with time regardless.

Might have something to do with it. Perhaps just hasn't got 100% confidence in kicking fully yet. Hopefully he continues to improve throughout the year and as others have said, starts converting those shots on goal!
WCE Booka 89
EFH Legend

Postby Pinion King on Mon May 16, 2016 2:24 pm

WCE Booka 89 wrote:
Eliot Mess wrote:HIs kicking was very good last year. Could the knee have mucked him up..he should come back from that with time regardless.

Might have something to do with it. Perhaps just hasn't got 100% confidence in kicking fully yet. Hopefully he continues to improve throughout the year and as others have said, starts converting those shots on goal!

He did a press conference this morning and they asked him about that.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/ ... -on-the-up
Official 2017 EFH Sponsor of Josh Kennedy, Fraser McInnes, and Joshua Rotham
Official 2015 EFH Sponsor of Liam Duggan
Official 2014 EFH Sponsor of Elliot Yeo
Official 2013 EFH Sponsor of Dean Cox
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Tony Evans Rules on Mon May 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Field kicking was great last year but his kicking for goal has been atrocious this year and last.

Has to be a mental thing so I'm sure he'll overcome it. When he gets some more strength he'll be very good for us.
Tony Evans Rules
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eliot Mess on Sun May 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Continues to improve.
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fair Bump Play On on Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Good news with today's AFL injury update that the man they call the West Coast Dangerfield has returned to full training. Exciting times ahead; soon I expect they will be calling Patrick the east coast version of Duggan.

Third-year midfielder Liam Duggan has returned to full training after a hamstring injury and is on track to play in the coming weeks

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-01/i ... -round-one
Proud 2017 sponsor of Liam -Dangerfield- Duggan, Will Schofield, Simon - the tank - Tunbridge & Tom Gorter
Past sponsor; 2016 self appointed sponsor of Sam it's better with Butler, 2015 of Jamie lace out Bennell, Scooter - future vice-captain - Selwood. 2013 of Mitch - Mr Required - Brown, (And he stayed), 2012 of Scott - the future - Lycett, (And he is), 2011 of Vice Captain – fair, but get out of his way - Beau Waters, (His greatest year)
Fair Bump Play On
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby CouchPotato on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Not named in the Melbourne pre-season game, though I suspect he was never a chance.

I just hope that this badly timed hamstring doesn't impact his whole season.
CouchPotato
Regular

Postby Fat Side on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 am

Will Duggan be the Rising Star nominee for this round?
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby Pinion King on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:04 am

Fat Side wrote:Will Duggan be the Rising Star nominee for this round?

He has played too many games I think.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:23 am

Pinion King wrote:
Fat Side wrote:Will Duggan be the Rising Star nominee for this round?

He has played too many games I think.

You're right...bugger
Make the switch now
2017 Sponsor of Willie (Pure Silk) Rioli
Fat Side
Veteran

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:42 pm

A few weeks ago i called for Duggan to be demoted to the WAFL, because it just seemed he needed a run back in the seconds to get some touch. As soon as i said this he has been able to find the ball a bit more and do a couple of nice things with it.

Still plenty to work on (like his composure while attempting to kick for goal), and removing that really bad not quite a mustache, there are some good signs that he will make the grade.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Pinion King on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:00 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:A few weeks ago i called for Duggan to be demoted to the WAFL, because it just seemed he needed a run back in the seconds to get some touch. As soon as i said this he has been able to find the ball a bit more and do a couple of nice things with it.

Still plenty to work on (like his composure while attempting to kick for goal), and removing that really bad not quite a mustache, there are some good signs that he will make the grade.

He is working well off half back which is the position he played in juniors. He only started to move into the midfield during 18's.
Pinion King
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby CouchPotato on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Pinion King wrote:
domo_the_eagle wrote:A few weeks ago i called for Duggan to be demoted to the WAFL, because it just seemed he needed a run back in the seconds to get some touch. As soon as i said this he has been able to find the ball a bit more and do a couple of nice things with it.

He is working well off half back which is the position he played in juniors. He only started to move into the midfield during 18's.

I much prefer him in there than Wellingham

Hopefully he keeps developing into a midfielder - we have enough half backers who can't play midfield
CouchPotato
Regular

Postby lazzas on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 pm

CouchPotato wrote:
Pinion King wrote:

I missed most of the game so pardon my ignorance. Was Duggan back because Yeo was out? If so it could free up Yeo to go into the midfield?

I much prefer him in there than Wellingham

Hopefully he keeps developing into a midfielder - we have enough half backers who can't play midfield
lazzas
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to West Coast Eagles