Next Game

Round 1 Perth Stadium
Sun, 25 Mar 2018 • 16:20 WST
West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

RANT: one thing i hate.................

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: RANT: one thing i hate.................

Postby hendo1963 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:32 am

domo_the_eagle wrote:GoFundMe pages, especially ones to raise funeral costs.

Yep, we are sending our son to Japan next year on a school trip, which is going to cost us about $4000.
One of his mates parents have set up a go fund me page to raise the funds to send him.
They have been to Bali 3 times this year, and travel to Perth every weekend for junior sport and stay in hotels, maybe they could sacrifice Bali for there son. :evil:
hendo1963
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby OccidentalShoreline on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:40 am

If someone is desperate enough to relieve theirselves of funds that they visit gofundme and fund some gronk's offspring's trip to Japan, then good on them.

Fuggin diggeads.
OccidentalShoreline
Regular

Postby domo_the_eagle on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:21 pm

hendo1963 wrote:

Yep, we are sending our son to Japan next year on a school trip, which is going to cost us about $4000.
One of his mates parents have set up a go fund me page to raise the funds to send him.
They have been to Bali 3 times this year, and travel to Perth every weekend for junior sport and stay in hotels, maybe they could sacrifice Bali for there son. :evil:

Christ :evil:
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Total Package on Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:11 pm

hendo1963 wrote:

LOL GoFundMe is a joke. That's not the only example... I have a friend who is in a wheelchair and she regularly uses GoFundMe to ask people on Facebook to "Help with Bills". In my eyes she preys on the fact she is disabled to get sympathy from people... and I'm continually staggered by how many idiots give her money. It's worse because I know she can work and can get a job as she had one before... but quit to go and do some stupid arty farty thing that was never going to make her money. She refuses to admit it will never work... so instead begs for money on Facebook.

Also these days... it seems you can't see a story on the 6pm news without seeing a link at the end to a gofundme account. That seems to be the done thing these days.... sad story? go to channel 7 and let them do a story on you so you can beg for donations at the end of the story.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 am

Max Walker has passed away 61 years of age. :(
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:40 pm

DALBY wrote:Max Walker has passed away 68 years of age. :(

Sad, was such a great character.

Condolences to his friends and family.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby domo_the_eagle on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:50 am

Having to replace the transmission on a 6 year old car that has only done 65,000k's all because a $100 part within the transmission broke off and went through the trannie and damages the gears.

Basically any new car just factor in 5k for a potential lemon needing it's transmission replaced out of warranty.
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE06 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:53 pm

I went fishing in Lancelin with a mate in his brand new Hilux. On the way out went through a puddle about a foot deep sucked water into the air intake which is unbelievably located at the top of the front wheel arch - spat a piston. Night from hell followed by a complete rebuild. Piece of shit.
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:23 pm

WCE06 wrote:I went fishing in Lancelin with a mate in his brand new Hilux. On the way out went through a puddle about a foot deep sucked water into the air intake which is unbelievably located at the top of the front wheel arch - spat a piston. Night from hell followed by a complete rebuild. Piece of shit.

Insurance?
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Total Package on Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:25 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:Having to replace the transmission on a 6 year old car that has only done 65,000k's all because a $100 part within the transmission broke off and went through the trannie and damages the gears.

Basically any new car just factor in 5k for a potential lemon needing it's transmission replaced out of warranty.

WCE06 wrote:I went fishing in Lancelin with a mate in his brand new Hilux. On the way out went through a puddle about a foot deep sucked water into the air intake which is unbelievably located at the top of the front wheel arch - spat a piston. Night from hell followed by a complete rebuild. Piece of shit.

Cars :( Feel for your pain. Last year we were driving on the way to Denmark and about 20km out of Kojonup suddenly the steering wheel in the car starts shaking.. immediately start losing power and think the maybe a spark plug has gone. Make our way to Denmark and go straight into the only mechanic in town... he thinks its a spark plug too. 1 hour job... cool I'll go for a walk whilst I wait. Get phonecall.... its more than a spark plug... engine is giving errors on the computer.

$5,000 later.. engine basically rebuilt. 1 of the pistons had gone. We were stuck in Demark for a week... so had to get a hire car. That was $500. Then RAC wouldn't cover the cost of transporting it back to Perth... so had to pay another few hundred for a complete stranger to drive my car back.

Next time we went to Denmark... 20km out of Kojonup on the way back to Perth.... suddenly my steering goes funny. Blown a tyre out. New cars only carry donut spares... not actual tyres... which have a max speed of 80kph. So had to drive back at 80kph on a 110kph road all the way back... pulling over all of the time to allow people to pass us. A 4 hour trip ended up taking 7 hours. To top it off a few weeks later got a fine in the mail.. caught speeding just outside of Denmark in the hire car. We could have gone to Europe for the price of that trip.

Both the blown tyre and the blown piston happened on 2 separate occasions within 100m of the same stretch of Albany Highway. :( Every time we drive that stretch of road now everyone in our car crosses their fingers and toes. It's my own personal Bermuda triangle.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby WCE06 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:31 pm

farmer joe wrote:

Insurance?

Yep he got the car sorted and he was quietly choofed about his brand new motor - but it was a pain in the arse at the time. We ended up getting a tow out to the main road by some absolute lunatic. Bloke had been fishing next to us and was planning to camp the night with his mates. Was pissed as a fart had us belting along at 70kph+ down this narrow rough goat track and here's us behind with no power meaning - limited steering and virtually no brakes..
However strong or fast or skilled a knight is there are others who can match him. A man will win one tournament and fall quickly in the next. A slick spot on the grass may mean defeat, or what you had for supper the last night. A change in the wind may mean victory.
George R. R. Martin.
WCE06
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby farmer joe on Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:42 pm

WCE06 wrote:Yep he got the car sorted and he was quietly choofed about his brand new motor - but it was a pain in the arse at the time. We ended up getting a tow out to the main road by some absolute lunatic. Bloke had been fishing next to us and was planning to camp the night with his mates. Was pissed as a fart had us belting along at 70kph+ down this narrow rough goat track and here's us behind with no power meaning - limited steering and virtually no brakes..

Sounds like he was a farm boy. :) That is how we all learnt to drive...
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:45 pm

domo_the_eagle wrote:Having to replace the transmission on a 6 year old car that has only done 65,000k's all because a $100 part within the transmission broke off and went through the trannie and damages the gears.

Back in the 90's we had a really nice late-model car, set up just the way we wanted it.
The PCV valve is literally a $5 part, yet to save on money the manufacturer started fitting valves with a plastic body, that of course went brittle with the heat and fell to bits. So I replaced it with the proper metal one, and all was sweet.
Except the plastic valve, for some reason had a hardened steel plunger. This tiny little piece found its way into the timing chain, causing the valve timing to shift, and the pistons smashed the valves through the head destroying the rocker gear. So basically for the manufacturer to save a few cents on a $5 part, ended up costing me a whole engine.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby Crazy Dazz on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:56 pm

When somebody posts a puzzle or question on the net, with the proclamation "most people get this wrong" and they actually have the wrong answer.

Similarly, when you go to a quiz or trivia night, and they ask one of the standard "trick" questions such as "give the name of Australia's highest peak?" and then proceed to give the wrong answer.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby domo_the_eagle on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:12 am

We get 3 or 4 skip bins a year as part of our council rates. I filled one up over the weekend. All with junk. All the small loose items in bin bags. Leave for work this morning to see some scab has been through the bin, all the bags were busted open and gone through.

ALL OF THAT STUFF WAS BROKEN CRAP MATE
domo_the_eagle
EFH Posting Lunatic

PreviousNext

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems