Sun, 25 Mar 2018 • 16:20 WST
West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

Lebron James

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Lebron James

Postby farmer joe on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:10 am

I will call it. This guy is the greatest active sports person in the world.
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/6/19/11974 ... bron-james
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Re: Lebron James

Postby DALBY on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:58 am

He is a machine, how much choking can GSW do though, up 3-1 and just fail?

Watching the replay when I get home tonight!

I rate him better than Kobe. James is a better team man than Kobe.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:05 pm

DALBY wrote:He is a machine, how much choking can GSW do though, up 3-1 and just fail?

I cant wait to get home and watch it. I rate him higher than Kobe. Team is something that he gets and I am not sure Kobe every did. And what he has done for Cleveland is enormous. To go away and then come back is huge.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby DALBY on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:15 pm

farmer joe wrote:
DALBY wrote:He is a machine, how much choking can GSW do though, up 3-1 and just fail?

I cant wait to get home and watch it. I rate him higher than Kobe. Team is something that he gets and I am not sure Kobe every did. And what he has done for Cleveland is enormous. To go away and then come back is huge.

Absolutely, Jordan and the Bulls are still probably laughing that GWS lost to the Cavs. That Bulls team from 1995-96 still the most elite in recent times.
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Total Package on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:23 pm

Choking? No I wouldn't call it that.

Curry was injured most of the playoffs. Iguodala hurt his back game 6. Bogut hurt his knee and there was virtually no rim protection as a result. Green was a hot headed donkey and got suspended for game 5 after being baited by Lebron. There are lots of reasons why the Warriors lost but choking wasn't one of them. Injuries played a massive role. You don't win 73 games and then lose like that at the end.

As for Lebron James... it's hard to respect someone who plays year in year out in a weak Eastern Conference and gets virtually guaranteed Finals participation certificates every year. That Cavs team would not have beaten San Antonio or OKC... or Golden State at full strength. In fact... if they were in the Western Conference they would be struggling to even get the finals every year.

Basically what it comes down to is that Lebron is guaranteed a 50/50 shot at a ring every year... just for the fact there are no decent teams in the East. From there all he needs is a bit of luck and the other team to get some injuries and there is his ring.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby farmer joe on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Total Package wrote:

Curry was injured most of the playoffs. Iguodala hurt his back game 6. Bogut hurt his knee and there was virtually no rim protection as a result. Green was a hot headed donkey and got suspended for game 5 after being baited by Lebron. There are lots of reasons why the Warriors lost but choking wasn't one of them. Injuries played a massive role. You don't win 73 games and then lose like that at the end.

As for Lebron James... it's hard to respect someone who plays year in year out in a weak Eastern Conference and gets virtually guaranteed Finals participation certificates every year. That Cavs team would not have beaten San Antonio or OKC... or Golden State at full strength. In fact... if they were in the Western Conference they would be struggling to even get the finals every year.

Basically what it comes down to is that Lebron is guaranteed a 50/50 shot at a ring every year... just for the fact there are no decent teams in the East. From there all he needs is a bit of luck and the other team to get some injuries and there is his ring.

The guy who choked was Kevin Durant. GSW should never had made the finals. Based on your theory though maybe its time that KD moved East...
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Total Package on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:40 pm

farmer joe wrote:
Total Package wrote:

The guy who choked was Kevin Durant. GSW should never had made the finals. Based on your theory though maybe its time that KD moved East...

Yup KD is a choker. It's widely recognised that he is a choker.

Having said that if KD was in the East he would probably have the same finals record as Lebron.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby twistedkelly on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Total Package wrote:

It's payback for last year when cavs #2 and #3. Missed the whole series. The last 5 minutes went from 89 all to 93-89 I didn't count how many shots they missed but gsw couldn't score. As for Lebron having a 50/50 chance playing east , cavs still had to win a 7 game series. That's not something that you can just Bradbury
twistedkelly
Veteran

Postby farmer joe on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Total Package wrote:Yup KD is a choker. It's widely recognised that he is a choker.

Having said that if KD was in the East he would probably have the same finals record as Lebron.

If ANY of them had any real balls they would go play with the Knicks. Imagine being the guy who brought the championship to NYC.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems