Sun, 25 Mar 2018 • 16:20 WST
West Coast v Sydney
Game Focus

Women's Business

Discuss whatever you like, whenever you like, however you like

Moderators: Streaker, Mr Q

Re: Secret Womens Business

Postby Mr Q on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:51 am

And here comes Sam Newman, being a dickhead as usual, wading in to Eddie's issue and making it worse.

You can be damn certain that he won't apologise either. In a just world, he'd be out of work completely, and shunned by society.
"I like to pay taxes. With them I buy civilisation" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Alternative facts, alternative facts, pants on fire....
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby The Boat on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:00 pm

Mr Q wrote:And here comes Sam Newman, being a dickhead as usual

Firstly, I cant believe this is even an issue.

Secondly, he has a point. This is not a sexism issue, this a blue between radio stations. 3AW (Caro's station) pretty much word for word said the same thing as MMM (Eddies station). Yet Caro is only offended by MMM's comments. Funny that.

Unfortunately I watched Footy classified during the week where they replayed 3AW's segment. And apparently we cannot compare the both as Tony Shaw had "warmth in his eyes" as he said he would hold Caro underwater.
The Boat
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:18 pm

The Boat wrote:

Secondly, he has a point. This is not a sexism issue, this a blue between radio stations. 3AW (Caro's station) pretty much word for word said the same thing as MMM (Eddies station). Yet Caro is only offended by MMM's comments. Funny that.

Unfortunately I watched Footy classified during the week where they replayed 3AW's segment. And apparently we cannot compare the both as Tony Shaw had "warmth in his eyes" as he said he would hold Caro underwater.

I wonder how many would be happy for their mother to be portrayed that way by a bunch of marauding, guffawing members of the AFL boy's club. Like I've said before, there is nothing new in the way McGuire and Newman have bullied Wilson. As for Newman he is a Neanderthal who has spent most of this year crying foul over the Essendon drug cheat saga. His attitudes reflect all of his 70 odd years.

To say that this is a blue between radio stations is a croc. This is a bunch of bully boys beating up on a woman. A woman who challenges the boy's club and doesn't pull punches. This is their gutless push back.

The test for anybody who believes what occurred is okay is to consider how one would feel had McGuire, Brayshaw, Frawley and Newman directed those comments at one's mother including Newman dressing up a mannequin with Wilson's face and made lewd comments and feigning sex acts with her. Newman is a disgusting individual and not in the least bit funny.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby The Boat on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:24 pm

So why didn't Caro's station get hauled across the coals for saying the exact same thing - word for word?
The Boat
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Eliot Mess on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Caro is a woman?
Eliot Mess
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby DALBY on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Eliot Mess wrote:Caro is a woman?

:lol:
Do or do not!
There is no try.
DALBY
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Mr Q on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm

The Boat wrote:

It's time to weed the neanderthals out of every station. Tony Shaw would just be one more.

What they're saying is wrong on every level. On the violence towards women, it's wrong. If you want to ignore that, in just plain bullying terms, it's wrong.

I think it's time that these people were called out. If you did this to a colleague in your workplace that you didn't like, then you'd expect to hear from HR, and get a pretty severe warning as a result. And that wouldn't be doing it in public.

There's no excuses. Either they bring their "banter" up to the levels expected in this century, or they get out of the game.
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Crazy Dazz on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:25 pm

Mr Q wrote:And here comes Sam Newman, being a dickhead as usual, wading in to Eddie's issue and making it worse.

You can be damn certain that he won't apologise either. In a just world, he'd be out of work completely, and shunned by society.

I find Newman entertaining, up to a point. (That said, I haven't bothered watching the Footy Show for years. One can only take so much of the same repeated gags.)

I don't actually know what Newman said, so I won't comment directly. But there was ZERO need for him to open his mouth at all.

I too am tired of the attitudes of many of these commentators, especially when it comes to violence and racism.
Crazy Dazz
EFH Legend

Postby farmer joe on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:41 pm

Mr Q wrote: If you want to ignore that, in just plain bullying terms, it's wrong.

This is what is wrong with the whole thing. If you listen to what happened its just plain, old fashioned bullying by people who think they have more right and power than other people (they were not targeting Carro because she was female, they were targeting Carro because she is Carro. Loud, opinionated, good at her job and not scared to take on the football "jobs for the boys" crowd). People should skip the feministic view and attack the bullying. That would do us all more good and may lead to a better social outcome with greater community understanding.
farmer joe
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Fat Side on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:01 pm

This comment is indicative of the attitudes that need to change.
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Mr Q on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:12 pm

Fat Side wrote:

Well said. While Caro is more than capable of fighting her corner, other people - particularly women - are not.

Eddie McGuire, James Brayshaw, Danny Frawley and apparently Tony Shaw - you're a bunch of bullies. You should be grovelling to keep your jobs, not getting away with this scott free. North Melbourne and Brad Scott just had to pay $80,000 for what was really bullying of the umpires, so why are you allowed to get away with this.

I know that technically there have different employers, but given the nature of the media, this is no less than grade A workplace bullying. You should be utterly ashamed of yourself.
Mr Q
EFH Posting Lunatic

Postby Fat Side on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:47 am

Mr Q wrote:
Fat Side wrote:

Well said. While Caro is more than capable of fighting her corner, other people - particularly women - are not.

Eddie McGuire, James Brayshaw, Danny Frawley and apparently Tony Shaw - you're a bunch of bullies. You should be grovelling to keep your jobs, not getting away with this scott free. North Melbourne and Brad Scott just had to pay $80,000 for what was really bullying of the umpires, so why are you allowed to get away with this.

I know that technically there have different employers, but given the nature of the media, this is no less than grade A workplace bullying. You should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

here here!
Make the switch now
Fat Side
EFH Hall of Fame

Postby Total Package on Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:44 pm

Fat Side wrote:
Mr Q wrote:
Fat Side wrote:This comment is indicative of the attitudes that need to change.

here here!

Really guys?

Bullying? Yes absolutely.
Misogyny? No.

As Eddie himself said... he doesn't view Caro as a female.. he views her as a Football journo. For people to make it into a domestic violence/female issue is absolutely laughable.

I despise Caro and it has absolutely nothing to do with her being a female. She's only slightly worse than the likes of Mark Robinson in most people's estimation due to the fact she is more interested in digging for dirt and trying to take people down than she is reporting football stories. She would easily be one of the most disliked journo's among football clubs for her lack of morals. Mark Robinson acts like a flog and he cops all sorts of abuse and nobody bats an eyelid. Caro treats people like shit and cops light hearted banter and suddenly it's misogyny.

Apparently you can't dislike or say anything negative about someone if they are female these days. They can just say and do whatever they want... and if anyone says anything negative they are a misogynist.
Total Package
EFH Posting Lunatic

Previous

Return to General Board, Suggestions and Problems